News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Another Newbie

Previous topic - Next topic

Jawa

Hi All. About to confirm a surgery date. Struggling with it.
I have normal erections but it's unusable due to Peyronies Disease. Surgery offers me a useable penis but bye bye natural erection. Sounds like an easy decision but it isn't.  
59 yo. Peyronies 3.5 years. Came in 2 separate waves. 40°left over first year. Stable for a year. 80° upward and severe hourglass over year 3. Stable again. Normal erectile function. Recommended for Rigicon 10. Dr Love. Melbourne AU.

RexRG

Quote from: Jawa on February 16, 2024, 04:37:15 PMSounds like an easy decision but it isn't.
I doubt that anyone made that decision easily. I lost sleep over it, even after the logic of doing it was inescapable. Mostly I worried about having picked the right surgeon.  
67, diabetic, retired
20cm 1cm RTE Coloplast Titan 1/30/24 Faysal Yafi

LWillisjr

Why are you saying, "bye bye to natural erection"? This makes no sense to me.

I had surgery and my erection is still quite natural.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Jawa

Sorry LWillisjnr. I should have been clearer. The surgery is a full reconstruction TEP and implant due to severity and extent of Peyronies Disease. Hence natural erection will be lost.  
59 yo. Peyronies 3.5 years. Came in 2 separate waves. 40°left over first year. Stable for a year. 80° upward and severe hourglass over year 3. Stable again. Normal erectile function. Recommended for Rigicon 10. Dr Love. Melbourne AU.

LWillisjr

Ah, so you will have a bionic erection. Some guys on the forum might think this is better.   ;D

Your case sounds like it might be a little complicated. There must be a reason your doc is suggesting going straight to an implant. If you are able to achieve an erection now, then plication can be done for mild to severe curves. And for severe curves there is excision and grafting. I had a 75 degree dorsal curve that was corrected with excision and grafting. That was in 2008 and I still get natural erections.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Jawa

Hmm thanks for the comments. I did ask my doctor the reason but I forget now. I will check back with him.