Does your peyronies show when building up to an erection?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostand Looking24

I'm curious, is it the norm for peyronies (As in, curvature, indentation, hourglass) to only show once you reach the state of a full erection? or does it also show when building up to an erection, i.e. in the semi-erect state

For myself it shows as soon as I reach the semi-erect state
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

LWillisjr

It's different for most men. Depends a lot on the severity of your Peyronies along with the direction of your curve. In general, as you achieve an erection your curve will likely start to show itself when semi erect and will increase to its maximum once you are fully erect.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Lostand Looking24

This is what I have seen on this forum to be the trend, but mine is the opposite, my semi-erect is so much worse. That's what prompted me to make this post. This disease is absurd...

In my own case I first showed symptoms of Hard Flaccid, so I mentally dismissed the fact it could be peyronies and I just thought whatever, my erection is still completely normal.
Then a few months later, my erection is also curved and indented, but the semi-erect is still worse. I hope my fully erect state does not catch up with my semi-erect curve.
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

LWillisjr

Others on the forum have posted this as well. You are not alone. Several have referred to this as partial or pre-peyronies. I don't know if I agree with the terminology, but I respect the fact the condition occurs. I have evne seen posts by Dr. Trost (and others) that Peyronies is defined by a curve when fully erect.

What your condition implies is that your Tunica is expanding at different rates. Once fully erect then there is no curve or a slight curve. Does that mean you have Peyronies, does that mean it will get worse..... no one knows. Focus on overall penis health, and what are your symptoms once fully erect. Don't focus on what happens between flaccid and fully erect. One doctor I know seems to lean toward this being the effect of hard/flaccid.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Lostand Looking24

Thank you. I am extremely grateful for your comments, especially as I can see you've been peyronies free for almost two decades now and yet still contributing value to others that are dealing with it. Congratulations on beating this, you are amazing.
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed