Anyone see Trost and have permanent hinge as a result?

Previous topic - Next topic

xfan

I had a consult with Dr. Trost and am still planning to have him treat me but he did mention one possible side effect that is unique to his protocol. Because he induces a penile fracture (pop sound) there is a possibility the penis will hinge (he used the word flop) at the sight of the fracture when erected for up to 2 years while it heals. This was my biggest concern. Did anyone experience this and what was your healing timeline like? Did anyone never recover? I did ask his him personally if he minded me posting this question in this forum and he was completely OK with it so zero shade is being thrown his way by this.

Thanks
Single
Symptoms started 6/23
90 degree to the upper left
Tried RestoreX and Manual traction

Lostand Looking24

What's the difference between a hinge/flop and a peyronies curve with indentation anyway? Atleast it would be temporary. For the results he gets, from what I've seen online at least, if I was in the USA I would personally take the risk and go for it with him. That's just my own opinion though, and what I'd do.  
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

boston

Quote from: Lostand Looking24 on February 07, 2024, 06:20:52 AMWhat's the difference between a hinge/flop and a peyronies curve with indentation anyway? Atleast it would be temporary. For the results he gets, from what I've seen online at least, if I was in the USA I would personally take the risk and go for it with him. That's just my own opinion though, and what I'd do.

From what Dr. Trost told me, it is like your penis has a hinge when erect, at the former site of the plaque, where his protocol injects Xiaflex and performs aggressive modeling.

He stated they were unsure what the cause was but now believe it is because after treatment, there is a void in the tissue at that spot.  And as the OP indicated, Dr. Trost also stated that hinging may last for years.  

Frankly, as someone considering traveling to his clinic, I find it very concerning, especially since it seems unique to his treatment regime and they still don't seem to fully understand the cause or how to avoid it.  Also, stating that healing may take years implies to me they don't have a lot of long-term data here and it might also be permanent.

So yes, I am also very interested in the results folks who sought treatment with Dr. Trost have seen.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: boston on March 19, 2024, 06:12:23 PMthere is a void in the tissue at that spot.  And as the OP indicated, Dr. Trost also stated that hinging may last for years.  

Hey man, I remember making that comment lol. It was the same week my doctor told me what's happening to me is Peyronies. I've since learnt exponentially more about it so I'm more familiar with hinging now.

Anyway, that is also concerning to me. How can there be a void in tissue at the spot, and yet the hinging may last for years? How can the hinging resolve, even if after years - does the void 'regrow'? That can't possibly be the case.

I've also seen on this forum Trost mention that he's seen hourglassing improve over time, albeit very slowly, around 5% per year. That also doesn't make much intuitive sense to me, though I'm not doubting that it's true. Is the diseased tissue slowly 'reversing' which makes the hourglass slowly pop back out? Can't be...

I don't expect you to know the answers btw, but if you're in contact with Dr Trost, may be worth asking
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

Sebtp1973

I'm not a doctor, so I might be talking out my arse, but... I think the plaque "eats away" at your healthy tissue. When you have a curve, it's difficult to see that. It's curving into where the erosion of healthy tissue is, thus "hiding" it or camouflaging it. When you get it straightened, the dent becomes apparent. I think a hinge is a more significant dent?  
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: Sebtp1973 on March 19, 2024, 06:26:53 PMWhen you have a curve, it's difficult to see that. It's curving into where the erosion of healthy tissue is, thus "hiding" it or camouflaging it. When you get it straightened, the dent becomes apparent.

I have read Dr Trost say this on the forums. It makes sense, when I manually straighten my erection by hand (I know I shouldn't) the dent is apparent, when it's curved it's difficult to even notice a dent, because of the reasons you described.

Interestingly enough inside my VED when using the cylinder that is sized to my girth, with the snug fit of the cylinder holding my erection straight, the indent does actually fill out. Though this is only when using the VED, not outside of it.  
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed