Implant in ice bath and sauna will temps wear out the materials?

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapper

I am considering buying a sauna and ice bath to expose my body to hormesis, similar to exercise. Hormesis involves subjecting cells to mild stress, making them stronger and contributing to overall health and longevity, as suggested by animal and human data.

When you expose a hot glass to cold water, it cracks. My question is, can freezing baths or hot saunas wear out implant materials?
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

Hawk

Interesting question.  I have never heard this discussed so this is just my best guess. I doubt that the range of temperatures that those materials will be subjected to cannot come close to stressing them.  Your body would fail long before the materials.

I end my showers with about 1 minute of cool-down, then about 2 minutes of totally cold water, which this time of year, is 41 degrees Fahrenheit.  So far, nothing has broken.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Trapper

Thank you Hawk. I haven't reviewed the suggested protocols to get the benefits of hot/cold therapy yet but I suspect you are correct and they are short exposures that wont cause any issues.
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

IwillbeatPD

Hey bud-

I strongly believe in the benefits of both sauna and ice baths, and did them regularly before surgery. I haven't started back yet as I was letting the incision fully seal before excessively sweating or fully submerging, but definitely will again soon. Just remember that even if you're in water that's say, 40 degrees for your ice bath. Your actual body temperature will definitely not be 40 degrees. Your implant is insulated inside your body, so while your body temp will drop, and implant may get cooler, we're talking still a reasonable temp. I would think it would only cause problems if the implant itself reached freezing temps. (Below 32). Ice baths are never colder than 40 degrees for me. And even at that temp, I'm sure internally your body doesn't drop much temp in the short 5 min of ice bath time.

For sauna, same concept. Sure, your body temp will temporarily rise, but we're talking a small difference. Your body temp is already 98, saunas are 120-160. Even after 30 minutes your internal body temp would not be much over normal since your body can also regulate body temp.

Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Stepone

Where do you guys come up with these questions?
Interesting
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

My guess is if you ever try to pump pressure on your implant and have sex when your body temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit you could damage your implant (and maybe your partner).  ;)  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums