News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

navigator321

Hi everyone,

I'm a 34 year old male (obviously) who was told by my primary care doctor on wednesday that I have peyronie's. Needless to say, it's an emotional roller coaster and I've been scouring these forums and they have been immensely helpful and educational.

I have an appointment with a urologist in 2.5 weeks but I'm looking for general help with my situation as well to understand whether there's anything I can be doing before my appointment.

The story: it was a sex incident, I think. Someone I didn't know very well fell on my semi-erect penis at a weird angle. I was immediately alarmed, stopped the proceedings and observed it carefully in the days after and there was no pain or evidence of damage but, weeks later, there started to be some shooting discomfort / pain, particularly after ejaculation but sometimes doing nothing at all. I did not seek help for this because it didn't seem like a big deal but, also, might have been confused because, in what I thought was a separate issue, the skin near the head of my penis had become irritate which I attributed to masturbating with newly calloused hands (I had just upped my weight lifting regimen).

I abstained from masturbating as much as possible over the next several months to let it heal, which was annoying, but, again, didn't think it was a huge deal.

Penis was still functioning/looked normal but, about 1.5 months ago, I started to notice a curve when it was semi-erect. This alarmed me but it occurred mostly when lying down (due to gravity?) and when I stood up it got straighter and was perfectly straight when fully erect.

The curve persisted and became more pronounced (but only when semi-erect - still straight when hard) and decided not to wait until my physical appt next month to have my doctor check it out, especially since I want to resume having sex. My physician diagnosed me with peyronie's from a photo (at my request, he also felt what he said was collagen) and referred me to a urologist.

I have what appear to be collagen deposits on the right side (kind of in a band) and a smaller one on the left side near the head (this is where the curve is located). The left side of my penis feels a little weaker than the right. I'm not sure but the collagen on the right side (if that's what it is) maybe have been there for a while.

My flaccid penis can feel kind of hard, particularly on top, which is new, but loosens up if I do pelvic exercises. I had morning wood today and was erect when I woke up in the middle of the night and penis was fully erect and straight.

Anyway, I'm really just looking for help and/or advice. I've read through so many experiences that have been posted on here and my heart goes out to you all. I know my symptoms aren't the most significant but I'm honestly terrified of what is possible and curious if there's anything I can do at this point or in general to minimize issues as much as possible. 2.5 weeks feels like an eternity to wait.

Thanks so very much!
Possible injury 7/23, pain / irritation starting 8/23, noticed curve when semi-erect 12/23 which seemed to become more pronounced 1/24, but erections still straight & seemingly full
Doctor said it's peyronie's referred me to uro, awaiting appt

LWillisjr

Quote from: navigator321 on January 19, 2024, 03:46:45 PMI had morning wood today and was erect when I woke up in the middle of the night and penis was fully erect and straight.

That would lead me to think that you don't have Peyronies. It doesn't come and go that quick.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Pfract

Welcome navigator!

Like Les said, it may not be peyronies. But definitely keep an eye out on it and inform yourself about this condition. The last thing you want is to jump to any procedure or test just because you are panicking.

Try to stay calm as you have a lot of positive signs there.  

navigator321

Really? What would it be, if not, then? Would it be a normal healing process after a trauma?

After my diagnosis, I masturbated and ejaculated and my penis appeared straight and close to its original size (if there's been losses, they've been minimal so far, I think) but it seemed to irritate my penis, so I think I'm gonna pause for now. When I tried yesterday, I couldn't achieve an erection (probably due to sadness/fear/worry) but then had erections in the night/this morning.

The curving has only been in a semi-erect state so far. Does that always progress or have you heard instances of it being a temporary thing due to injury?

Thank you so much for the response!
Possible injury 7/23, pain / irritation starting 8/23, noticed curve when semi-erect 12/23 which seemed to become more pronounced 1/24, but erections still straight & seemingly full

LWillisjr

We've had several past members on the forum who have similar symptoms of curvature while semi-erect. There is no definite name or diagnosis for this. Some wonder if it is an early onset of Peyronies, but it never develops any further. It could be one corpora chamber filling faster than the other. That doesn't mean you have anything wrong. You could end up obsessing about something that never develops into anything further. Be happy that you have a functioning penis that is straight when erect and can achieve orgasm.

Some guys will do traction or use a VED to promote penile health to try to avoid any complications in the future. For a urologist to just quickly say this is Peytonies Disease for me is just an indication that this is not his/her specialty.

My History

Arthur

I would advise you to go to a urologist and get tested to see if it is actually peyronie's or not.

Good luck!
26 year old.

Had multiple penile fractures.

Tried Verapamil injections, Pentoxifylline, Tadalafil, Vitamin E, heat therapy, Castor oil, L-Citrulline, Shilajit, Shatavari, Gotu Kola, Velvet beans.

Lost more than 6 inches.

navigator321

Thanks all for your responses! I really appreciate them.

Just to clarify, it was my primary care physician who referred me to a urologist who I'm seeing in 2.5 weeks. And I will say that it definitely seems like I have collagen deposits in multiple places (not just where the semi-erect curve happens). I had more (seemingly) full erections in the night, so hopefully it is just an injury.

Given that the diagnosis is not "official," would you all suggest I hold off on doing traction with my hands, which seems to have good results for some people?

Sonic

If your penis is still straight when erect chances are it's very likely not peyronies. Curving in semi erect state could be pelvic floor issues but we will see what the urologist says. Ask him for an ultrasound!
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

navigator321

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the responses. I guess we will see...

I will say, re: the pelvic floor possibility, I've noticed my penis can have the hard-flaccid thing but when i do pelvic floor exercises (like pulling my knees to my chest while lying on the floor) it immediately softens. I'm going to investigate this possibility.

navigator321

Forgive me if this isn't the right place for this question, but I'm concerned about the trimix shot that urologist might provide. A lot of people have stated this induced further trauma / scarring.

I want them to have the information they need to evaluate but don't want to risk injury. Are there any alternatives to request / that people are aware of or is it relatively safe if done by a professional?

LWillisjr

There have been a few people on the forum that claimed the trimix injection caused a problem. But that doesn't take into account all the others who had the trimix injection (including myself) and didn't have a problem. I know that sounds confusing but there is no hard (no pun intended) evidence. I don't doubt some have had issues, but for each person who had a problem there could be 10 who did not and just didn't say or post about it. There is a risk with anything, but I think it is minimal. For me I was willing to take the risk in order to get a proper diagnosis.
My History

LWillisjr

This topic has reached its limit as an introductory post. Navigator321 I split off your recent message into its own topic and moved to the appropriate board on the forum.
My History