Dead/fibrosed penis — will implant help?

Previous topic - Next topic

nickadams

Hello all,

I have an appointment with Dr. Hakky in a few days because I am seriously considering an implant, but before I go I was wanting to ask...

What will happen to an implanted penis if one side of it is dead/fibrosed? Won't it continue to wither?

Thanks so much,
Nick
29 year old otherwise healthy. 6 years suffering from severe ED which I believe was caused by extreme jelqing. Cannot get erect unless a large dose of trimix is given (bimix just gave a small chubby). Doppler showed severe venous leak.

305made

I don't think so Nick , should be okay , the implant device stretches the tissue in the penis out mimicking that of an erection .

I've heard about IbeatPD and his journal where he heard a pop which we think is scar tissue that was stretched out when he was using his implant .

Also if your corpora is fibrosed , it may be taken out during the implant , so it won't effect it anymore .  
Untreated Penis Fracture in 2018 or 2019 
Soft Erections Unusable for Sex + Soft glans
22 YO constant flaccid & erect pain for 4 Yrs
Issues with frequent Urination + emptying bladder
Upper left curve \ hard area on penis where trauma took place

Stepone

Nick,
So sorry for what you are going through!
I cannot imagine.
I don't even want to guess what will happen in your situation.
But I would think that as long as you have feeling and sensitivity in your penis, you would certainly benefit a lot from an implant.
Let us know what the surgeon says, so all of us will know the answer.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

nickadams

I talked with Dr. Hakky today and he re-did the Doppler to see for himself what was going on. He reported that the left side was not dead like previously reported but that both sides have large venous leak.

He recommended implant and so I will ge trying to work with my insurance to schedule this.

Sorry I did not get an answer about what happens if you implant a dead penis.
29 year old otherwise healthy. 6 years suffering from severe ED which I believe was caused by extreme jelqing. Cannot get erect unless a large dose of trimix is given (bimix just gave a small chubby). Doppler showed severe venous leak.

Hawk

Quote from: nickadams on January 25, 2024, 12:04:13 PMSorry, I did not get an answer about what happens if you implant a dead penis.

Nick, medically, a dead penis would be defined as a penis attached to a dead man, a penis detached from the body for an extended period, or a penis with blood flow restricted to cause the tissue to become necrotic.  No one posting in this forum has ever had anything even close to a dead penis.

We cannot just throw meaningless expressions around and then think we will get clear answers.  
If by "dead" you mean:
1. does not get erect (total Erectile Dysfunction)
2. Totally numb due to nerve damage in the spine, penis, or along that pathway
3. If you mean both 1 & 2 combined
Then say that because none of those conditions are even close to meeting the definition of "dead".

It should be obvious that if you mean TOTAL ED that such a condition would respond very well to an implant since that is the exact purpose implants were developed.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

nickadams

I see what you mean; dead wasn't a good word to use because it's not clear what is meant.  

I had meant a penis with extensive fibrosis that is withering, not just a simple case of severe venous leak.

Dr Hakky ended up saying I don't have extensive fibrosis so I am very hopeful about the implant improving my life.

Aussiemale

Good luck Nickadams.....you sound like a perfect candidate and also are with a world expert so I think you are well positioned to benefit from this procedure.

Wish you all the best.  
50 years of age.
Type one Diabetes for 28 years.
Developed Peyronie's immediately after COVID ? Autoimmune reaction.
45 degrees left.
Incision and Graft plus Nesbits.
Curvature returned.
Decreased erection quality
Considering implant.