Introduction. Hourglass

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Weaver

I've had a 360 degree hourglass indentation  ear shaft base for a couple of years now.  Seeing a urologist on 19 Jan 2024.  Painful erections. Swelling past the hourglass when erect. Some shrinkage in erect length. Some collapsing when engaged. Have viewed the surgery via YouTube.  Unsettling.  Have heard about injections.  Do they work?  What questions should I specifically ask the Dr. during the office visit? Can hourglass actually be cured?  That's enough info and questions!  M.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

IwillbeatPD

Hey Mark-

This reminds me of my condition a year ago. Except, sounds like you've been in this a couple years already.

I'm not sure what surgery you're referring to, but if it's excision and grafting is strongly think that through. It's a very risky surgery.

You have hourglass and some issues with instability it sounds like. If that's the case, and you're 2 years in, I hate to say it but they're just not a great cure for that. If you've tried traction, heat, VED, there isn't much else you can do. If your narrowing did not affect stability you could look into Extra Tunical Grafting (much safer option), but this is only a cosmetic procedure. Beyond that, you're talking about an implant.

I also had hourglass that made sex risky. I tried everything and things only got worse after a year. I opted for an implant 12 months later to minimize any further loss of size. Hourglass is one of the trickiest things man. You'd think you could just fix it, and I guess rarely some get lucky and it resolves on its own. Not in my case.

I've heard of someone saying injections helped them buff out the hourglass. Perhaps by getting strong erections. If you've tried all the natural therapies above, I'd move on to injections to see if that does anything to fix your hourglass. If it still doesn't after a handful of injections, I'd go ahead and do a consult with a top implant surgeon.

Of course, this is if you want true resolution. Only you can decide what is best for you. If it's possible to continue in your current state with hourglass, you could always just wait a while. Downside to that is further size loss, risk of injury during ex resulting in an ER trip, or worsening of scarring making the implant recovery potentially more difficult. Age is also a factor. Just some random thoughts but I hope this helps some.

I just got my implant 7 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Hourglass is completely gone and I have a rock hard, stable, cock.  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G