Making implant last longer

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

Hey everyone-

Now that I'm recovered, the next topic on my mind is what SHOULD I do to make my implant last longer? Also what should I NOT do?

For example, I've heard a few stories about people who damaged their reservoir. One was a guy who said his grand daughter jumped and her foot landed right on his reservoir and it didn't work after. Another was a guy who said he was having rough sex with a girl bouncing up and down on him hard and he said he suspects that damaged it. I've had a couple hakky patients say Hakky said max inflating can decrease implant life (will ask him).

I know Hawk and some others cycled once a day instead of 2, which would seem to extend implant life. That's 365 inflations that didn't happen a year.

Entertain my math for a second:

Assuming you have sex twice a week, that's about 104 times a year. So that additional 365 times you didn't pump potentially equates to over 3 years of sex? Obviously it's not just about the pump, and parts wear out for other reasons, but just a thought. For sure right now I'm cycling twice a day due to my Peyronies. Want to make sure it's fully stretched out. But I will ask Hakky next week his thoughts on when I could switch to once a week.

These are just a few examples. But of course now I want to do whatever I can to make it last. Thoughts?  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Stepone

I posted the question on Google as I couldn't find an easy answer. It will be interesting if it gets researched.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Bfubar

I have been cycling twice a day since I received mine. I have heard that the coloplast titan can cycle 50,000 times give or take. That is over a decade of cycling twice a day. I have been told to always continue to maximize the pumping to gain full size and girth. I think you really only need to cycle every day the first year and then it is just when you need to use it. I actually was more curious about the bodies acidity levels in relation to the bioflex material. I do not know how many cycles a boston scientific or AMS can do.  
47 years old. 90 degree lateral curve.VED, Restorex, Pentox, Tadalifil, 4 cycles of Xiaflex. Partial Excision and Grafting.
Failed all treatments. 22 cm Coloplast Titan installed,11-14-23, Dr. Richard J. Fantus. KU MED.

Hawk

More cycles = more wear and tear on the pump (vulnerable point on AMS/Boston Scientific)

More overinflated, hard pumps = more pressure on the tubing connecting the pump to the cylinders (vulnerable point on Coloplast)

I think damage to the reservoir is bogus unless you are impaled or damaged during a subsequent surgery. I would NEVER worry about athletic activity, children jumping on me, or rough/active sex.

Having said this, however, any device can fail on any brand implant.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums