New treatment? PB serum, alternative to Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

overthecurve

Hey guys,

I am travelling the world looking for the best solutions and urologists for this awful disease and Ive got an offer from a Dr. in Mexico and I would like your knowledge and opinions.

I approched this Dr for its Stem Cells treatment because even if it's not researched enough, I feel it has a good potential. However, the doctor suggested another treatment which is an injection of ''PB serum 1.5ha'', a spanish medicine. He claims it is a cheaper version of Xiaflex, however when you look at the ingredients it seems a bit different.

There is nowhere on the internet where I find any data, studies or cases where this serum (enzymes) was used in the penis. Did any of you ever heard about it ? I know Xiaflex has risk, but he did mention anything with his serum.

Does anyone have more information about that ?
- Peyronie diagnosed july 2021
- 30 degree curvature to the left and 10-15 degree upward, keep getting worse.
- Vitamine E and colchicine
- Penimaster pro for 3 months everyday, now once a week
- 31 y/o in a relationship
- Depressed/distressed

Pfract

QuoteThere is nowhere on the internet where I find any data, studies or cases where this serum (enzymes) was used in the penis. Did any of you ever heard about it ? I know Xiaflex has risk, but he did mention anything with his serum.

I think the part of your post, pretty much gives you the answer you are looking for. Unfortunately, there are many sham treatments online with no basis to substantiate their claims. Just like the prp shots or shockwave treatment. I am yet to see any long lasting improvements (if any in the short term) from those therapies throughout the years.

Sadly a lot of folks take that route out of desperation, only to be disappointed at the lack of results and money spent. Try running a search on pubmed on this very treatment, and also try to search online for this Dr's name to see what comes up.

My suggestion is always to follow the guidelines of the American urological association as well as the European urology association. (AUA/EUA) But as always, you are free to try whatever you would like. Best of luck!  

overthecurve

It is collagenase, like used in xiaflex. The brand is well known in Mexico but it is mainly used in the face. On their website they have 3 different product and one is advertised as anti-fibrotic.

Concerning PRP a study recently came out with good outcomes and there is one to be completed this year. I didnt see any post on here of anyone following a complete PRP protocol. Most of the people do 1 or 2 injections.

I think anything that is not dangerous is worth a try. I would have like to find more information about this PB SERUM 1.5ha to see if there are any adverse effects.
- Peyronie diagnosed july 2021
- 30 degree curvature to the left and 10-15 degree upward, keep getting worse.
- Vitamine E and colchicine
- Penimaster pro for 3 months everyday, now once a week
- 31 y/o in a relationship
- Depressed/distressed