Continuous Glucose Monitoring - anyone tried?

Previous topic - Next topic

bentoboy

Hi there,

Has anyone tried one of these continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devises to track the levels of glucose and how it affects your Peyronies?

I am sure there must be something to it - I mean some connection between one's diet and this affliction. On some days, depending on how well I sleep, how active I am physically and what I eat, my Peyronies either improves or worsens. By 'improving' I mean how well the penis looks like in flacid/erect state, how soft the tissues are, how hard the plaque is. Based on the information that I have so far, I do have some mild glucose issues and I suspect that my insulin sensitivity might not be perfect.

For this reason, I have been wondering whether this CGM thing could help me to track what kinds of food spike my glucose levels.

Thanks  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.

Stabler

Well a CGM will definitely bring your blood sugar under control which is going to give you over all better health. The CGM itself will have no connection to Peyronie's except better diabetic control will benefit you. Diabetic men are prone to erectile dysfunction due to neuropathy so better control means better penis health

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Sonic

One thing I can say for certain is every single time I do multiple day water fasts my HF completely vanishes, my entire pelvic floor area is more relaxed and penis hangs normally.

I have read both here reddit and other forums that this happens to other men as well so it must mean something. Every time I use caffeine, nicotine or eat bad it flares up. Dick retracts like a frightened turtle and erections are much more difficult to achieve.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.