How many pumps?

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

I have a Titan 26cm XXL with 135cc of saline in my reservoir, is there a way to calculate how many pumps total that should equate to before: A) I run out of saline, or B) I reach max inflation?

For this example let's say full pumps each time.

Currently, when I first inflate I can get 15 full pumps before it's a massive stretch and I get a lot of resistance from the pump. By the end of my hour cycling, I have got in an additional 10-15 pumps. Probably 30 max right now, but maybe closer to 28.

Just curious if there is a way to know how many pumps I could get to somewhat speculate on my potential here. Does one full squeeze of a Titan pump put "x" cc's of saline into the cylinders?
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Stepone

That's a great question.
I pump anywhere from 20 to 30 times and these are wall to wall pumps.
I don't get it, unless sometimes the pump doesn't actually go wall to wall, even though I think it does.
Once again, great question!
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

I don't know the answer to approximately how many ccs does a full Titan pump move.

There is a chance we can answer that.  I have to go back to my surgical notes to see if Dr. Eid recorded the number of CCs of solution he put in my reservoir.  I can empty my reservoir with some two-handed effort so I can do the math.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

IwillbeatPD

Maybe if you and step are ever bored you can conduct a little test here since both of you are fully healed and max inflated. Technically if you took your max number of pumps divided by how many cc's of saline you had, you'd think that would give a rough estimate. If you all are ever bored feel free to share that. Obviously my numbers wouldn't be accurate since I can't max inflate yet.  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Hawk

I will do that for you.  I am not sure Step can, however, because I can empty my reservoir.  I am not sure Step can, and there would be no way to know how much is left in the reservoir if you can't empty it.

Hawk

I am disappointed to say I cannot find the email with my surgical notes.  I found where I pasted a large excerpt from them in my journal soon after I received them around Nov 13, 2018, but I have yet to find the email where Dr. Eid sent them to me.  It is hard to imagine that I could have deleted it.  There is some chance I sent the request from a forum email account so I will look some more. The section I quoted in my journal does not address fluid volume.  I assume the full notes would address that.  I will look some more, but so far, it is not looking promising.  

Stepone

I looked at my online site with Duke Hospital and could not locate the information. I know it was there before as that is where I located the length of my implant and model number.
I sent a message yesterday through their site and hopefully will get a reply within 72 normal business hours.
Hopefully I won't have to send two messages.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Stepone

Ok, Dr Lentz replied to my request today.
He said a 22cm will take 125cc, but they only fill to 110cc.
So last time I counted it was 23 total pumps.
So it would be 4.726cc per squeeze.
Of course I had sex on my mind, so I could be off a number or 2.
I'll try to count the next few times and see what the numbers are and report back.
Iwillbeat, did you find out how many cc's you got?
StepOne  

IwillbeatPD

Awesome thanks for checking!

When you pump to the max, do you run out of saline, or do you still have saline but can't pump due to the cyclinders max inflated or your dick limiting further inflation?

Yes sir. My surgery report says 135cc of saline and a 26cm XXL Titan.

If it's 4.7cc per pump, for me that would equate to about 28 pumps. Right now I can get maybe 25 full pumps in. Somehow I feel like it will end up being more than 28 though. So many variables here though.

Stepone

I have no idea if I run out of saline or if the cylinders are pumped to max.
All of know is that I will pump until no matter how hard I squeeze it, it won't pump anymore.
Sometimes I think I have pumped to max and about 10 minutes into fudging, I can pump 2 or 3 more pumps.
It will be interesting what you max pump to.
StepOne  

Hawk

Stepone, if you run out of saline, the pump bulb stays collapsed on the last pump and does not reinflate until you hit the deflate button, so you are NOT running out of saline and still have an unknown amount in the reservoir.  That throws your calculations off.

On the other hand, I can pump until the bulb collapses, but it is not easy.  The problem with me is I don't know the amount of saline in my system, so I can't do the math.  We need someone who meets the following 3 criteria.

1. know how much saline is in their implant system
2. Can pump all of it out with full wall-to-wall pumps
3. TOTALLY deflates and counts the number of pumps until the bulb collapses.

IwillbeatPD

^ This is the question of the day here lol. I'd love to know honestly.  

Stepone

I have never pumped until the ball collapses. I pump until I can't squeeze the pump anymore. That is what my surgeon told me. He said pump until you can't get another squeeze.
I'd be afraid to squeeze anymore to cause damage to the pump, tubing, etc.
Why is Dr Eid not giving you the cc information. Did he not record it?
StepOne  

Hawk

Quote from: Stepone on January 02, 2024, 07:24:22 AMWhy is Dr Eid not giving you the cc information. Did he not record it? StepOne

Dr. Eid gave me my surgical notes within 3 hours of asking for them.  
I quoted a large excerpt from those notes in my journal.  
The part I put in my journal does not include fluid volume because I did not consider to be very relevant at the time.
Now I am having trouble finding the file with the full notes.

Stepone

Hawk,
Yes, all my information was given to me too, but since at the time was available online, I archived all the information and when we last moved, I had all the archives shredded by UPS. Ugh
Can't you call him to get the information?
I sent a message to my Dr and he or someone sent me the email.
StepOne  

Hawk

Quote from: Stepone on January 02, 2024, 07:55:53 PMHawk,
Can't you call him to get the information?  

I could, but I am not inclined to take his time to compensate for my blunder.  He very quickly complied with my request once.  He is no longer in his own private practice.  I am not sure if he is at the same location.  I just don't feel comfortable having someone else scramble because of a problem I caused.  

I will continue to look.