Proximal vs distal vs erect length

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

Okay prepare yourself for some math here...

I received a 26cm Titan. My proximal length was 10cm and my distal length was 16 cm. At post op, my surgeon confirmed that I measured 18 CM both before AND after surgery in an ERECT state.

Additionally, in PRE op before I went in he did a stretch test and I measured 18 cm EXCLUSIVE of the glans. He never included the glans when this measurement was taken and said he never does.

That being said, let's do some math on what my erect length at 6-12 months should equate to.

I measured 18 cm post op, but was only 16 cm distally, so shouldn't those numbers correlate?  Not sure if the distal measurement should always equal stretched flacid length.

If my math is right though, and I was 18 cm post op (I'm assuming that's excluding the head again because he said in a video he sent me of my dick, "you were 18 before and 18 after). My 18 before excluded the glans. That would mean that after everything expands I should be 18 cm in length, plus the length of my glans. Is that right?

I'm sure someone here is smarter about this than I am.

Also in my surgical notes it says they used a 125 cc reservoir but I have 135 cc saline in it...lol. Not sure if that's a typo or if they're just saying they filled it more than normal. I think it's supposed to be the largest reservoir. But makes me wonder how much saline they use if someone has a 28cm Titan XXL.

Final question. Hakky said at some point I'll eventually be moving on to a 28 CM Titan. When your cyclinder length increases, does that show in the distal or proximal measurement typically? I would assume it would be 50/50 as things stretch over time, but have never read anything about that.

Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Hawk

A lot of great questions.  This is my unprofessional take:
Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 20, 2023, 03:51:25 PMI received a 26cm Titan. My proximal length was 10cm, and my distal length was 16 cm. At post-op, my surgeon confirmed that I measured 18 CM both before AND after surgery in an ERECT state.

Additionally, in PRE-op, before I went in, he did a stretch test, and I measured 18 cm EXCLUSIVE of the glans. He never included the glans when this measurement was taken and said he never does.

I am sure he has a reason, and it must make sense to him, but it is a little strange since both men and women look at a penis as a unit and not segments stuck together. No layperson ever refers to the measurements of portions of the penis.  I have never even heard a doctor do that.  Also, the cylinder tips extend into the glans.

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 20, 2023, 03:51:25 PMThat being said, let's do some math on what my erect length at 6-12 months should equate to.
I think projecting gains is close to impossible since it depends on the degree of loss and the pattern of scaring.

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 20, 2023, 03:51:25 PMI measured 18 cm post-op but was only 16 cm distally, so shouldn't those numbers correlate?  Not sure if the distal measurement should always equal stretched flacid length.
It seems logical and is a good question, but I can't answer that with any confidence

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 20, 2023, 03:51:25 PMIf my math is right though, and I was 18 cm post-op (I'm assuming that's excluding the head again because he said in a video he sent me of my dick, "you were 18 before and 18 after). My 18 before excluded the glans. That would mean that after everything expands, I should be 18 cm in length, plus the length of my glans. Is that right?
That sounds exactly right to me; however, I would personally throw those numbers in the back of a file folder somewhere.  The ONLY thing that would matter to me would be my very well-documented, objective pre-surgery and post-surgical measurements.  Those I can compare to each other and chart my progress.[/quote]

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 20, 2023, 03:51:25 PMFinal question. Hakky said at some point I'll eventually be moving on to a 28 CM Titan. When your cyclinder length increases, does that show in the distal or proximal measurement typically? I would assume it would be 50/50 as things stretch over time,..
I would also assume that you would increase both distally and proximally.  That would not necessarily be 50/50 since your the current implant is not distributed 50/50.  It seems like it would be proportional, however.  Again, that is an assumption on my part.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums