Pelvic floor/perineum pain post implant

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

You may have heard me mention this before in another thread, but this is absolutely killing me and I'm looking for answers or ideas as to what it is, and what I should do.

The problem: If I stand for more than a few minutes, I start to feel an intense throbbing feeling in my pelvic floor/perineum area. This pain is probably the worst when cycling. Because of this, I've spent most of the last two weeks only being up and about for short periods of time. Today going through airport security was the longest I was standing for. Maybe 30 minutes in the air bnb packing up. &
It wasn't terrible yet by this point. But when I got to the airport I had to stand in the airport security line for another 45 minutes and it was brutal. The whole time this area was throbbing and almost had to sit down.

I've found that if I do a toe touch stretch (where you bend down and touch your toes with your fingers)...that makes the pain go away. Also, if I lay down it goes away. So just standing or cycling.

Desperate for answers or ideas. If it wasn't for this, I'd be able to go about my normal life already.
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Hawk

To be able to go about your normal life at this stage would be remarkable, not typical.  It is difficult to know what the exact mechanism of the pain might be, but that can be said for much of the post-surgical bouts of pain we experience.  It could be that you are aggressively sized, and it is exerting longitudinal pressure on the crus. Since that area of the implant also inflates, maybe there is a dogleg there.   It could be that you actually had some Peyronies Disease scaring in that area of internal penile tissue, and there was narrowing that gets stretched when you inflate.  Could the nerves in that area have been a little more traumatized during the surgical procedure of seating the implant base and measuring the posterior chamber depth?  The fact is that you will likely never know BUT it will get better and become just a memory.

How long before you can sit in a tub of hot water and cycle?

I found that while standing was difficult, walking brought relief.  Is this the same with you?
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

IwillbeatPD

Thanks Hawk, that's what I'm praying for. Seems pain just goes away with time for most, but my human nature of course worries and wants thing to hurry up.

Walking doesn't really change the pain one way or the other. I think whatever it is, is strongly associated with what you activate with kegel exercises. When I do a kegel it literally feels like my finger is on the exact spot that's sore.

Such an odd pain to have, no idea what it could be, but really hope it gets better soon.  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Hawk

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 12, 2023, 04:18:15 PMSuch an odd pain to have, no idea what it could be, but really hope it gets better soon.

There is just no question.  It WILL get better.  Your worries will bring a smile to your face when you read back over this a few months from now.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums