length and girth

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergey070907

I still don't understand the prosthesis returns the length and girth that I had before Peyronie's disease?if not, then I don't understand people's enthusiasm for prosthetics...
34 years old,onset of illness at age 22,injury, loss of length and girth, loss of sensitivity, erection preserved.Ultrasound showed thickening of the tunica.Treatment at the onset of the disease: electrophoresis with longidase.No major changes.

Stepone

I had a Nesbit surgery that took away my length and girth.
I continued to lose length and girth because of the Peyronie disease.
The implant gave me greater girth then I had before the implant, but was only able to give me part of what I lost from the surgery.
I had an implant to restore length and girth, but also because I was unable to maintain an erection for more than 10 minutes.
Hope this helps,
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Sergey070907

now about 15 cm and thin, if prosthetics does not return +2 cm and normal girth, I don't see the point in this
34 years old,onset of illness at age 22,injury, loss of length and girth, loss of sensitivity, erection preserved.Ultrasound showed thickening of the tunica.Treatment at the onset of the disease: electrophoresis with longidase.No major changes.

Hawk

An implant can help a man regain some or all of the size they lost from Peyronies Disease.  I am just an average example, but I lost 2" from Peyronies Disease and regained 1" from my implant.  How it does that is very simple.  It stretches the penis when the implant is inflated.  In fact, the discomfort from that stretching is the main focus of men in the first few months after receiving an implant.  Even in the "deflated" state, it continues to exert stretch because the penis never completely shortens like a penis without an implant.

Rarely have men reported a gain of girth or length that exceeded even their Pre-Peyronies Disease measurements.

There is no absolute guarantee that an implant will regain size, but any high-volume implant surgeon will usually guarantee that you won't lose any size during surgery.  You asked the question : If men are not guaranteed to regain their size, why "people's enthusiasm for prosthetics"?

The main reason that penile implant has the highest satisfaction rate of any treatment for Peyronies Disease and/or Erectile Dysfunction is found in a list of benefits:

1.  Totally addresses any current or future Erectile Dysfunction issues.  You can have a hard penis on demand as often and for as long as you and your partner desire.

2.  It stops the continuing loss of size that often occurs from Peyronies Disease and Erectile Dysfunction

3.  It straightens any deformity, including bends more significant than 90 degrees, dents, and hourglass deformities that often make sex impossible or risky.

4.  It makes spontaneous sex possible without planning, prescription pills or injections, VEDs, cockrings, etc.

5.  It typically gives you at least some gains of the size you lost from Peyronies Disease or Erectile Dysfunction.

6.  Since no nerves, blood vessels, or tissue of any kind is removed, the results are a penis that feels very natural to the man and his partner, even during oral sex.  That means the sensation to the man is also the same. Many partners never know a man has an implant unless he brags about his capabilities.

7.  You have the added benefit of being a shower instead of a grower, so you are significantly bigger in the flaccid state ie, You never shrivel up in cold water.

8.  The surgery is usually performed as an outpatient, and actual surgical time, including prep time, is under 40 minutes.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Sergey070907

in my case, only resizing is important

Stepone

Sergey,
It sounds like you need to visit a high volume implant surgeon and let him see what he can do.
I would also suggest you enter your signature information as to age, onset time of injury, etc.
Hawk took a lot of time explaining implants, whereas your reply seemed cryptic.
What does it mean?
Do you not have ED problems?
Have you lost size?
What caused it?
We are not trying to sell anything. We are trying to help, but with little information from you, it's difficult to give a lot of information......except Hawk gave you an abundance of information.
I am sorry you are going through this, but all we can do is to share what we know. It's up to you to see a surgeon if you want to find out what will work for you.
Best luck,
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

I fully agree with everything Stepone posted.

If you do NOT have any of the following:
1. ED
2: deformity, bend , curve, dent, hourglass

Then it sounds like you have a fully functional penis and it is unlikely a doctor would consider you for implant surgery.

Sergey070907

I will try to give more information over time, it's just hard to do this via phone and without knowing English.  I lost a lot of penis size due to trauma caused by masturbation. I had an ultrasound where it was found that the tunica albuginea was thickened by several millimeters.As for erectile dysfunction, I can't say for sure because I have no sex life, but I can get it mentally or through stimulation.Before the injury, my penis was about 18 cm and large in girth, now I can't look at it without tears.

Stepone

How old are you?
I understand English is not your language, so I am sorry if there are translation problems.
Erection dysfunction is complicated, but usually if you can get an erection through stimulation either through physical or mental stimulation, there is not a physical problem with your penis. Of course if you can't maintain an erection, you could have venous leak.
What did the surgeon say?
What country are you in?
StepOne  

Sergey070907

I can have a long erection without problems. The only doubts are about how often I can have sex. I visited many doctors.  They all told me everything is fine and to live with a small penis or wait for new treatment methods. This was at the beginning of my illness at the age of 22; now I am 34 years old...I don't see any real cure. Recently, a new drug appeared here specifically for the treatment of Peyronie's disease. Peyroflex is tablets and gel, but I think it's useless...I'm using this now: Peyroflex composition: paba, tocopherol, carnitine tartrate.

I am from Russia.

Stepone

Sergey, I am sorry you have had to go through this.
I can't imagine what you are going through.
I am not familiar with urologists in Europe or if you can access them, but here in the US, not one of the 5 urologists I visited mentioned implants. Of course this was 2015.
It sounds to me that your biggest concern is that you are losing length and girth, so an implant could help.
Maybe someone else on this site can recommend some surgeons that you could access.
Best wishes of hope.
StepOne  

Hawk

One problem you face is that the most important consideration when considering an implant is to get a surgeon who does a large volume of implant surgeries.  That usually means more than 100 per year.  You might have trouble accessing such a surgeon in Russia.  Less experienced surgeons often undersize a patient.  This stops your chance of regaining length and can cause a sagging or drooping toward the end (head) of your penis.

I would try to see if there is any way to get a traction device and/or a VED.  A Restorex would be the best choice, but any traction device might help to regain some length and stop any more losses.

Good Luck