Infrapubic vs Penescrotal approach?

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

Hey folks!

As I get closer to my surgery date, you can imagine how many thoughts are running through my head. When meeting with Dr. Hakky he advised that he would go in through the scrotum, or above the penis, and that he was 50/50 on it. Whatever I prefer basically. He said the only difference really is that with infrapubic the healing is faster. I think the only downside is that you would have the scar above the penis versus on the scrotum. As far as benefits, he said with infrapubic the healing is faster.

A few questions:

1. Being a young athlete with a very low body fat percentage, is there any approach that you feel like would be better for me?

2. Is the placement of tubing, pump, reservoir the exact same in both approaches? I could have sworn Hakky mentioned the tubing was slightly different with infrapubic. Being very low body fat, I'm interested in the tubing placement because it could be visible being low body fat-per what Hakky said.

3. Wouldn't infrapubic help significantly with pain and early cycling as you're not having to press on your swollen scrotum to inflate/deflate?

Any thoughts or comments on which approach you feel is better, and why, I would truly appreciate it!

Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

jj21

Hey IwillBeatPD

This has been discussed thoroughly in other forums, what I understand (from the discussions), is that some believe penoscrotal approach allows for better measuring of the penis. Alternatively, infrapubic gives faster healing, better placement of the reservoir and is a quicker procedure (less risk of infection), however, there are more nerves in the pubic area (risk of nerve damage), and this approach can make it difficult for pump placement. Take this advice with a grain of salt as this is just what I gathered from reading journals/discussions.

I have read journals of people with both approaches, and both ended up with great results in the end.

I also know of some people in Australia who used the same surgeon as me, he prefers infrapubic, some of them did end up with a displaced pump, and also pain in the lower abdomen when working out. This could be a one off incident, I really don't know, but something to consider.

Dr Hakky is a very skilled surgeon with a great reputation, I am sure whichever approach he uses, you will have a great result.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Hawk

For what it is worth, especially on a lean, fit individual, Dr. Eid says the scrotal approach minimizes tubing and makes it much easier to conceal all tubing. it also has a reduced risk of nerve damage.

I THINK Dr. Haaky makes a horizontal incision on the scrotum rather than a vertical incision that is 100% hidden on the seam (raphe).  It is of minor consequence but likely leaves a light scar.

I would definitely choose scrotal
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Trapper

Hey buddy,

I did Penoscrotal and my scar is hardly visible and I beleive will continue to fade he makes a very small incision. I too have very low body fat percentage and no issues yet with the PS approach.  
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

Anthony1

I am IP.  It was done due to the amount of plaque and access to it.  I was sexually active at 4.5 weeks.  
I did have an issue with drainage and swoll pretty badly.  The drawback is that 8 weeks out I still have some swelling at the incision site, hopefully this ill subside with time and Ill regain some if the length that the swelling and scarring of the pubis area are taking up.
Dr Hakky is very skilled and you are in good hands, I trusted him to make the best decision for my situation  
50yo, MI 10 years ago, T2 Diabeetus, ED 7 years, pills worked till they didnt.  Injections led to 40° upward curve.  Implanted by Dr Hakky 9/12/2023. Titan 22cm, no rte, 125 ml reservoir.  Curve reduced to apx 10°.