37 Year old athlete implant journal

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

Hey everyone- I just scheduled my surgery with Dr Hakky for end of November to be implanted with a Coloplast Titan (estimating 26cm XL) via penescrotal approach, so I figured I would start my official journal to log a quick summary of my journey with Peyronies and thoughts(and fears) leading up to the surgery date.

History of my situation:

About exactly a year ago, I noticed a small bump on my penis. That was my only symptom so I didn't think much of it, but did go get it checked and was told it could be Peyronies, but since I had no symptoms not to worry about it. Within a couple months I noticed that my congenital curve was getting slightly worse. Shortly after that I got a dent on one side, which soon progressed into a full hourglass. At this point, sex was impossible as I couldn't get hard enough due to reduced blood flow. I was crushed. Up until this point I had always had a phenomenal sex life. I scheduled another urologist appointment and the doctor basically told me to take tadalfil to help and to give it time. I also got a restorex and VED at this time and used both pretty consistently. I also tried pentox for a while but never really knew if it was helping or not. I'm assuming it did not since my condition got worse. After about 5 months, my penis stabilized. I no longer had pain with the careful sex I was having and the hourglass didn't get any worse or better- just stable. I continued having careful sex for about 3 months until I had a sex injury. It was honestly not even that bad of a "slip", but the hourglass and instability was so bad, almost anything could cause this. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the ER for this injury but it did cause another plaque to develop. Generally my penis still looked the same though and does to this day. Oddly enough, it's now straighter than it's been in my entire life, but the hinge/hourglass is the main issue. I'm about 8 inches in length or slightly more, so that make the hinging even worse. With tadalfil I can get an erection hard enough for sex, but its risky. No way I could have a girl on top. Trimix gave me good erections too, but the hinge is still too bad.

Current situation:

I had to decide between having a careful sex life forever while constantly relying on pills or injection, daily VED/Restorex use, and lastly, risking additional length and girth loss over time...or, proceeding with the implant. The advantage of the implant is I can stop worrying about pills and injections. No more questioning if I can get hard enough or if my dick will break in half. No more fooling around with the VED and restorex daily. It's tiring. My hourglass should definitely improve, and hopefully be close to unnoticeable after cycling a few months. My dick will also be straight for the first time in my entire life.

The obvious disadvantage of the implant at 37 years old is the multiple revisions. But if you ask me, I'd rather have 30 years of good sex starting now, than 30 years of sex leading into my 70's and 80's (if I even live that long). Also the risk of infection, but I think Hakky is one of the best, and I'm healthy, so I think the risk is very minimal there. I just scheduled my surgery for the end of November so now I have about 6 weeks to mentally prepare while they get authorization from my insurance.

My main concerns leading up to surgery:

1. I'm an athlete so being active is my life. I'm hoping this will not affect my lifestyle, and the journals and research I've done have indicated it will not.
2. Appearance of my hourglass. I hope it fixes this from a cosmetic stand point, or at a minimum I get a 50% improvement in how it looks. I would be content with that. Even though Hakky did say this surgery is for rigidity and not cosmetic purposes- it sounds like most people with a titan overcome the hourglass with cycling.
3. Recovery. Im planning for 6 weeks out of the gym, but really hoping to be back to some normal life activities by the 4 week mark. Hakky said with the penescrotal approach it can take 2 months to fully heal, so I'll prob stay away from the gym until then.
4. Lastly, just praying everything goes well and it's a great outcome.

I will keep you all posted here on anything leading up to my surgery and after my surgery. Definitely feeling mixed emotions right now. Both excited and scared at the same time. Going back and forth in my head by the hour on if I really want to do this. But logic tells me I need to based on facts and pros/ cons.

I really appreciate all of your support over the last year. Thankful for you all and this forum.  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Hawk

Great news.  My guess is you feel better and motivated having made your mind up.  we look forward to your valuable contributions.  You might mention the forum to Dr. Haaky since he has implanted several of our members.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Sonic

Best of luck. You are in good hands. Hakky is an amazing implant surgeon and you will be very satisfied with your results!
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Pfract

There's still some time until the surgery, but from what I could see on my video consultations and what I read online you will be in excellent hands. His attitude was amazing with me. jj21 who is on the board also spoke with him on the phone via video.

Hopefully it will go smooth and you will have nothing but good things to say about your procedure!  

jj21

Quote from: Hawk on October 16, 2023, 11:33:54 PMYou might mention the forum to Dr. Haaky since he has implanted several of our members.

Member Trapper had mentioned to you in a post that Dr Hakky was interested in being added as a Doctor on the forums.  
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

jj21

Congrats, I am very happy and excited for you.

Dr Hakky is great, I had a video consult with him from Australia. He was very knowledgeable, patient, and kind.

I'm sure your surgery will turn out great and you'll be back to a phenomenal sex life once again.

Keep us updated and best of luck.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Stepone

Congratulations on your decision.
By the way, I see you listed you were hoping for a 26 cm implant.
Be sure to discuss this with the surgeon to make sure you are both on same page.
Also please take accurate measurements now of your length and girth soft and hard along with photos, so you can compare and share your goals and expectations.
Remember when measuring it is bone pressed for length and take 3 measurements on girth if you can, base, mid length, and head size.
If you are confused about measuring, just google it.
Because you are getting a 26cm implant, I am curious what your new girth will be.
My implant brought me increased girth and some of my lost length.
I am hopeful for you and can't wait to hear about your successes.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

IwillbeatPD

Hey guys, I'm about 2 weeks out from my surgery now and having lots of different feelings. I think I've gone back and forth between canceling the surgery and not about 100 times in the last month. Ultimately, I know the only answer is surgery since I can hardly have sex in my current state. It makes the decision easier when you're at that point.

After a lot of reading I've decided to opt for the Penescrotal approach.

I just filled the prescriptions sent over by the surgeon. They were: Gabapentin 300mg,  Ketorolac 10mg (for pain), Oxycod(for pain) and SMZ/TMP (antibiotic).

I really don't like medications, but I think the pain meds will be necessary at least in the beginning. I am hesitant to take Gabapentin based on what I read about it. Do you all think that's really necessary? I plan to ask my surgeon that before surgery, but curious what you all think. What meds did you take post surgery?
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Arthur

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on November 12, 2023, 12:10:42 PMHey guys, I'm about 2 weeks out from my surgery now and having lots of different feelings. I think I've gone back and forth between canceling the surgery and not about 100 times in the last month. Ultimately, I know the only answer is surgery since I can hardly have sex in my current state. It makes the decision easier when you're at that point.

After a lot of reading I've decided to opt for the Penescrotal approach.

I just filled the prescriptions sent over by the surgeon. They were: Gabapentin 300mg,  Ketorolac 10mg (for pain), Oxycod(for pain) and SMZ/TMP (antibiotic).

I really don't like medications, but I think the pain meds will be necessary at least in the beginning. I am hesitant to take Gabapentin based on what I read about it. Do you all think that's really necessary? I plan to ask my surgeon that before surgery, but curious what you all think. What meds did you take post surgery?
What did your surgeon said about the meds?

I had taken Gabapentin in the past for nerve pain but I can't say if it helped me much with that but it definitely helped me with my anxiety.
26 year old.

Had multiple penile fractures.

Tried Verapamil injections, Pentoxifylline, Tadalafil, Vitamin E, heat therapy, Castor oil, L-Citrulline, Shilajit, Shatavari, Gotu Kola, Velvet beans.

Lost more than 6 inches.

Stepone

I took oxy for a few days, but the gabapentin helped the pain at night. I also took an antibiotic too.
Use what you need, everyone is different as to how they manage pain.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

IwillbeatPD

Also, for the record of this journal, here are my measurements:

Pre Peyronies length: 8.25 inches
Pre Peyronies girth: 5.5 to 6 inches

Peyronies length (2 weeks pre op): 8.25 inches
Peyronies girth (2 weeks pre op): 5 to 5.5 inches
Flacid stretched length (2 weeks pre op): 8.25 inches

Stepone

IwillbeatPD,
You are fortunate to have received all the information that is available now.
I received no information from my urologists on options such as implants.
This delay of 5 years caused penis length loss.
It was this site that introduced me to penile implants.
I received no information regarding stretching prior to surgery. I don't think this was common knowledge back then.
I wish you the very best and am happy that you WILL BEAT this.
Thanks for sharing your journey.
StepOne  

IwillbeatPD

Thank you Step, your support really means alot! Definitely thankful for this forum and others as well to help educate me on how to approach this.  

IwillbeatPD

Hey everyone,

Some pre surgery questions I've been wondering about.

1. What happens to the pump bulb when you either run out of fluid, or when you just can't get more pumps in due to the corpora not being able to expand more? When I played with a titan example model in the office the bulb stayed depressed when I got to max inflation, or no remaining liquid, not sure which it was.

2. My surgeon has advised my drain stays in for 2 days, then I go into the office to have it removed. Just to clarify, the first two days, all I need to do is ice and rest? I think I've read I'm also supposed to keep my dick pointed up, but the first two days did you just not cover your dick at all? I imagine it would be sensitive to try to keep it up with compression briefs.

3. Did you all take tadalfil after surgery? Wondering if that would help heal faster? If so, when did you start using it?

4. I read perrito exercises are great after, if you did this how many days in did you start?

5. Lastly, any other advice you have that you wish you knew going into your surgery would be greatly appreciated. My surgery is right around the corner so obviously scared and just trying to prepare the best I can.

6. Did you all use a VED post surgery, and if so, when did you start and what pressure did you use? I've read a lot of good things about that but also read you could damage the implant. Would love to hear your opinions.

Thank you all!

Anthony1

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on November 18, 2023, 12:12:38 PMHey everyone,

Some pre surgery questions I've been wondering about.

1. What happens to the pump bulb when you either run out of fluid, or when you just can't get more pumps in due to the corpora not being able to expand more? When I played with a titan example model in the office the bulb stayed depressed when I got to max inflation, or no remaining liquid, not sure which it was.
Cant answer this, Im 9 weeks out and not able to get past 19-20 pumps at this point.  I hear that in time when you fill out the pump goes flat.  Having run boats with external hand primers the bulb flattens out when fuel pump capacity is lesser than the flow.  So it makes sense the pump would work the same.

2. My surgeon has advised my drain stays in for 2 days, then I go into the office to have it removed. Just to clarify, the first two days, all I need to do is ice and rest? I think I've read I'm also supposed to keep my dick pointed up, but the first two days did you just not cover your dick at all? I imagine it would be sensitive to try to keep it up with compression briefs. I too went to Dr Hakky and he told me not to do that and just keep it firmly wrapped and straight out.  I was infrapubic as my Peyronies Disease was an aggressive upward curve.  I would ask Hakky.  Make sure you monitor your drain and if its not filling call Hakky right away.  My drain plugged and I didnt know what to expect so I didnt know there was an issue, it set me back 2 weeks and caused great discomfort. I used David Archy briefs that have a cutout for the penis, these were awesome.  I basically wore the briefs with my wrapped penis hanging out.

3. Did you all take tadalfil after surgery? Wondering if that would help heal faster? If so, when did you start using it? No. I have an implant, why use pills that have all kinds of annoying side effects? I have really good tumescence, in fact my head has grown larger after implantation. I dont think this is typical.

4. I read perrito exercises are great after, if you did this how many days in did you start? Talk to Hakky. He recommended simply stretching the flaccid penis on the quarter hours of a clock.  I cant imagine doing Perito exercises for at least 6 weeks.

5. Lastly, any other advice you have that you wish you knew going into your surgery would be greatly appreciated. My surgery is right around the corner so obviously scared and just trying to prepare the best I can. Again ask Hakky about the drain and what you should expect to drain per day.  Get the Archy underwear, Amazon has them. Drink lots of water and sugar-free Gatorade for the first 2 weeks. Eat pineapple a couple of days prior to surgery. Dr Hakky should have told you to use a VED twice daily for 10mins per session. The first 3 weeks are tough, you will question this surgery and when you first see your dick after surgery the sight of it may shock you. Dont hedge, you will be fine.  After the first few times you use this it will confirm you did the right thing. I lost size about 2" and it didnt matter, my wife orgasms much harder with this thing than ever before. I did get about 1/2" back at this point and I think Ill eventually get it back but am patient. You have a great Dr and his staff is equally great. It is all worth it.  

6. Did you all use a VED post surgery, and if so, when did you start and what pressure did you use? I've read a lot of good things about that but also read you could damage the implant. Would love to hear your opinions. Again talk to Hakky, he recommends it.  I did 7psi twice daily for 10 mins per session.

Thank you all!
50yo, MI 10 years ago, T2 Diabeetus, ED 7 years, pills worked till they didnt.  Injections led to 40° upward curve.  Implanted by Dr Hakky 9/12/2023. Titan 22cm, no rte, 125 ml reservoir.  Curve reduced to apx 10°.

Pfract

Anthony1!

That was a very thorough reply. Thanks in behalf of the staff for taking the time to put "IwillbeatPD" at ease!

IwillbeatPD

Hey guys-

Just wanted to post a final photo of my current state before implant surgery next week.

Seems like I haven't lost any length but just a lot of narrowing after the hinge. Really hoping the titan will be able to resolve most of that. I'd be happy with even a 50% improvement in hinge/narrowing.

https://ibb.co/qnSRytz

Stepone

I will,
Before and after posts are great!
Thanks for posting.
Sorry you have to go through this at such a young age.
But it looks like you have a long penis, so I would think when they size you, you should end up with a good amount of girth.
How long is your penis?
Make sure you measure girth and length.
There is a guide online on how to properly measure a penis, lol.
Best wishes,
StepOne  

IwillbeatPD

Thanks Step.

From bone to the tip of the head about 8 1/4. On a good day maybe 8 1/2. I noticed the flacid stretched and erect length are about the same.

I'm really not worried about length, mostly girth. My girth at the base I am happy with, but hoping the top half fills out to match.

I can honestly say the worst part has been the month leading up to surgery. Just sitting around waiting you know. Just very ready to be post op so I know it's only improvement from there.  

Pfract

Iwillbeatpd:

I am very curious to see how your hinge and narrowing will improve after the surgery. Normally it is one of the things that improve the most with an implant. Length being sometimes challenging to get back to what it was preop.

Hoping for nothing more than an excellent result for you!  

IwillbeatPD

Thank you! I'll keep you all updated on my road to recovery.  

Mikel7

You're going to make it through this and be a testimony in helping others who have this awful disease!
Lump 4/2020, age 62 , Dr Levine 6-26-20, Dors Curve 11/2020, Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
SNHL 7/2020 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working. CPPS Diagnosis - Stable :)

jj21

Pfract - I notice you're moderator for this section. I had written a great response to IWillBeatPD's 6 questions, it seems to have been deleted? It was posted here about a week ago? Maybe it was deleted by accident? Had some good info in the post for IWillBeatPD.

IwillbeatPD

Hello all-

Officially implanted by Dr. Hakky and in recovery now. Still loopy from the anesthesia when we talked but he said all went well.

It was a Titan XL 26 with no RTE's.

He said due to my low body fat he really had to hide the reservoir. But said you can't see it or the tubing.  

If you have seen my before pic you know I had bad narrowing. I'm still in shock about the vid Hakky sent because it looks like it's almost completely gone. But it's an under view of my penis so I can evaluate more when bandages come off.  He did say though that when he inflated me it filled out. That was surprising, but good to hear since that was my biggest concern. Also said my post op length was identical to the measurement right before surgery.

Pee'd at the hospital before leaving and it burned like hell, but it was successful so happy about that.  

IwillbeatPD

First official question/concern (I knew it was only a matter of time).

It seems like my reservoir is showing slightly. Hakky said this was because I have incredibly low body fat, which is true. But is this the same location your reservoir was placed? If so, isn't this a problem for rough sex? I'm imagining banging this area against a partner over and over. Or even having a girl on top. Should I be worried this could damage the reservoir later on if have rough sex/or my partner on top?

Photo here: https://ibb.co/6ZnyDJc

Arthur

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on November 28, 2023, 02:10:16 PMHello all-

Officially implanted by Dr. Hakky and in recovery now. Still loopy from the anesthesia when we talked but he said all went well.

It was a Titan XL 26 with no RTE's.

He said due to my low body fat he really had to hide the reservoir. But said you can't see it or the tubing.  

If you have seen my before pic you know I had bad narrowing. I'm still in shock about the vid Hakky sent because it looks like it's almost completely gone. But it's an under view of my penis so I can evaluate more when bandages come off.  He did say though that when he inflated me it filled out. That was surprising, but good to hear since that was my biggest concern. Also said my post op length was identical to the measurement right before surgery.

Pee'd at the hospital before leaving and it burned like hell, but it was successful so happy about that.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Good luck, brother!

Enjoy your new life!
26 year old.

Tried Verapamil injections, Pentoxifylline, Tadalafil, Vitamin E, heat therapy, Castor oil, L-Citrulline, Shilajit, Shatavari, Gotu Kola, Velvet beans.

Lost more than 6 inches.

Stepone

Iwillbeatthis,
Congratulations
I think you have had the longest implant installed on this site.
My reservoir does not show at all.
It's brand new, so maybe after a few months....and once your hair grows back, you will not notice it all.
Can't wait for the big unveiling.
Best wishes
StepOne  

IwillbeatPD

48 hour update:

Pain is a 3/10 and switched to only 600mg of ibuprofen. Also taking my antibiotic.

Pretty sore at the reservoir site now and just a dull ache on my scrotum. Still wrapped up and can't wait to get that off and my drain removed tomorrow. Peeing went from a 8/10 pain to maybe 4/10. Some drainage and leakage coming out of the opening-assuming due to the catheter.

Still a little worried about seeing my reservoir, but if it's only a cosmetic thing I'll deal with it and try to cover it by just trimming and not completely shaving. Just hoping it won't create more risk for messing up the implant or reservoir.

Icing a lot and sleeping as much as I can

jj21

Hey bro,

I tried to respond to your DM, but your inbox is full.

I also have tubing at my pubic bone, it looks similar to yours. Haven't had any issues, it's only really noticeable if you touch it, and you'd only touch it if you were aware of it. Hasn't caused any hindrances for anything.

J

IwillbeatPD

72 Hour update:

Feeling amazing right now. Got my drain removed today, thankfully. That thing was annoying. Also got the wrap off my dick which felt great. I don't know why but I was expecting my dick to look traumatized but it wasn't. There didn't seem to be much swelling or bruising at all.

I went into the appointment only expecting to remove the drain and wrap. Hakky came in and said I should start trying to cycle as soon as I can. I asked him, "now"?. And he said yeah right now let's do it lol... I was 110% not mentally prepared for that and had only take 600mg of ibuprofen. I absolutely would have taken more if I knew I'd be cycling today. Nonetheless, I said let's do it. I would say the pain was maybe a 7/10. Not nearly as bad as I imagined. Pumping caused zero pain, deflating caused more but just felt like someone pinching my ball skin. Anyway, it felt great to be able to inflate and deflate myself. I managed to fully deflate and my dick looked like it got run over by a bus which was weird to see.

I asked Hakky about the reservoir and was basically told that anyone with an implant should be mindful of the amount of weight on their abdomen/groin. He said if it's like a 200 lb girl bouncing up and down, that could be a problem. After all of my reading I've concluded that I want to play it safe with my implant anyway. I'm going to have lots of fun, but also not going to do things that I think could cause problems. Slight lifestyle adjustment basically. Small price to pay for a working dick imo.

Anyway, finally took a shower today when I got home and feeling significantly better. I can actually wear pants now that my dick is deflated. Excited to cycle tonight to see how long I can go for!  

Arthur

That's great, man!

I'm happy for you!
26 year old.

Lost more than 6 inches.

IwillbeatPD

End of day 3:

Just cycled tonight for the first time aline and was definitely manageable. Pain probably 5/10. I did the helicopter exercises that were recommend while flacid to start softening the cyclinders, pulled down on the pump, and cycled for 25 minutes. Got maybe 20 pumps, waited 5 min and got another 3-5, waited another 5 and got another few pumps. Maybe 30 total, and left it up 25 min. Probably could have gone more but didn't know what the after math would hold so figured I'd ease into it. Currently icing my aching shaft now lol.

I got scared for half a second when I couldn't find the deflate, but then quickly realized it had rotated 90 degrees, and found it. Maybe from moving around or sleeping on my side for the first time moved it.

I can now officially confirm, my hourglass and narrowing are COMPLETLEY resolved. Insane.... I have significantly more girth on the top half of my shaft. Probably pre Peyronies girth, meaning I'm sure I'll go well above that after months of cycling. Even if my length stayed the same today I'd be happy, although I know I will get more length. Probably about 7 inches or so currently. Currently very happy with my decision. Now just to get the pain to go away lol, but I know that will take a few more weeks.

GaussRifle

Fingers crossed, but I am really happy for you and I'm grateful to you for the detailed journaling as it serves as a roadmap for those on the other side.  
26 year old
45-50 degree downward curve with an indentation on one side when erect.
Using RestoreX and Xiaflex injections
Taking coq10 with daily Cialis 5mg.

jj21

Happy for you man, you can finally put all this behind you.

Could you please elaborate on the helicopter exercise, is that basically the perito exercices?

Pfract

So nice to read this IWillBeatPD! Congratulation on having it done. Very surprised to read Dr Hakky wanted you to cycle this early, but that's amazing.  

Mikel7

Lump 4/2020, age 62 , Dr Levine 6-26-20, Dors Curve 11/2020, Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
SNHL 7/2020 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working. CPPS Diagnosis - Stable :)

Stepone

Congratulations!
You are a welcomed success story which can be attributed to an excellent surgeon and an intelligent patient.
I believe your 26cm implant is the largest implant mentioned on this website so far.
I am sure you can get back to your previous length.
Pre Peyronie I was 8", girth 5.5"
Peyronie I was 7", girth 4.8"
After implant 7.1", girth 6".
My biggest concern was about girth, I have been more than pleased. I look at it sometimes when fudging and am still amazed at my increased girth doing its work.
Keep on pumping.
Your pumping technique is the way to go.
Pump, pause, pump, pause, etc.
When you think you have pumped to maximum, pause, and try pumping again. When you are fully pumped, you will not be able to squeeze the pump anymore.
Remember no pain, no gain
Try to leave inflated at maximum pump for 30 minutes or longer.
Now that's cooler, you may even want to loosely wrap your cock to keep it warm.
Eventually I got up to an hour and sometimes I would sit in the whirlpool hot tub.
I am so happy for you and your continued success.
StepOne  

IwillbeatPD

Thanks everyone!

JJ- It's identical to the Perrito exercise but they said to do it when flacid, or only slightly pumped. When they said this they mentioned the purpose being to soften to cyclinders. But I'm sure most of us know if you do it more pumped it can allow you to get more pumps and increase size a little.

Sonic

Not surprised to see everything going well for a Hakky patient. He is fantastic.

You can finally put this damn thing behind you and as a plus probably have a bigger penis than you ever did!
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

IwillbeatPD

Day 5 update: Last night was the first night I took zero ibuprofen before bed. I'm down to just taking 2-3 Advil before morning cycling, and before evening cycling. Last night I made it about 35 minutes while continuously adding additional pumps as I was able to. I think I could have gone longer but since I'm cycling so early I didn't want to go too hard to soon lol.

While cycling last night. I noticed a firm edge at the base of my penis. I think it's the cyclinder that's kinked, because it's not fully inflated. Not going to worry. I believe this to be because I have a lot of length to regain. Imagine your penis stretching out another inch, that will allow the cylinder to fully expand and the kink to release. It's like trying to inflate a balloon inside of a toilet paper roll. It can only expand as the tissue allows it to no matter how large the balloon. This is my assumption anyway but will ask at my 8 day follow up.

I got a message back from Hakky this morning and he said he had to split a muscle in my groin to get the reservoir in. So this would of course explain the pain. I recall in recovery he said specifically I'd have pain there, probably because of this. Another assumption here, but I believe he put it in my groin because he wanted to conceal it as much as possible. I remember in my post op video where he showed me after surgery, he said "your reservoir is pretty hidden in your groin, and you got to keep your six pack". It makes sense now why he placed it where he did. So if I have to have a small bump I'd rather it be in my groin than by my abdominals. Good judgment call on his part. Still slightly worried (unwarranted) about the pain going away there. Seems like everyone here and on FT have said their pain at reservoir site went away.

So really, as of this moment I think everything is on track and things are going great. Very excited to see how my penis looks in 2-3 months, and again at 6 months. I was telling Hawk yesterday that my penis ALREADY looks better than it did even before Peyronies. I always had a congenital curve left which I guess I never thought anything of. But this implant makes me really appreciate a straight and hard dick. I'm staying near the office for 2 weeks after surgery, so once I get back home I'll do some measurements and take some photos. Also plan to start tadalafil 2 weeks post op.

Final note: To those worried about being discreet pumping or deflating, it's a non issue. 5 days out I'm able to pump through my briefs. I'm also able to deflate in a matter of seconds by one press of the button and a 2 second squeeze of my dick. I really feel for the single guys who want to be discreet, since that's the boat I'm in. I'll be here to help you all if you ever have questions about how this plays out as a single guy in the bedroom. But initial observations are, the only way someone will know is if they grab your nuts.  

305made

So good to hear bro . So I have a congenital left curve as well the implant made your dick straighter ? How hard does it get when inflating ?  
Untreated Penis Fracture in 2018 or 2019 
Soft Erections Unusable for Sex + Soft glans
22 YO constant flaccid & erect pain for 4 Yrs
Issues with frequent Urination + emptying bladder
Upper left curve \ hard area on penis where trauma took place

IwillbeatPD

My dick is 100% straight now, and harder than I'll ever need.

305made

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on December 03, 2023, 06:58:57 PMMy dick is 100% straight now, and harder than I'll ever need.

Wow bro good to hear . I wonder if I have fibrosis in the Corporal area after my ultrasound the insurance will pay for it .

Glad to hear you're doing great I appreciate the journal , I hope you get better and better as the days go on.

I'm also an athlete as well it's cool to see your story. 8 inches is wild bro I thought I was small but I guess I'm above average too .  
Untreated Penis Fracture in 2018 or 2019 
Soft Erections Unusable for Sex + Soft glans
22 YO constant flaccid & erect pain for 4 Yrs
Issues with frequent Urination + emptying bladder
Upper left curve \ hard area on penis where trauma took place

IwillbeatPD

If you're interested in an implant I'd start by seeing the potential surgeon of choice. Doesn't hurt to at least go get established, talk to him, etc. If you were to get implanted, your insurance will want to see you took certain steps before that. I will also say, I think surgeons can kind of fudge things to work in your favor. For example, my condition could have been marked as Peyronies, Ed, or a vascular issue. All of which are true. But depending on insurance they'll prob have criteria that you have to meet and only certain scenarios are covered. From my first appointment with Hakky, I think it took around 3-4 months to get to my surgery date. When I first met him, I was absolutely not ready for the implant, but considering that as an option. In that 3 month wait my condition worsened and I was very happy I took the first step to get established so I didn't have to wait longer.

IwillbeatPD

Day 6:

Some recent updates:

- While cycling hurts like hell, I've noticed the ache now stops right when I deflate so my shaft isn't constantly sore.

- I can comfortably sleep on my side

- My flacid actually looks very normal, but I've also always had a 3'oclock erection angle, and I still have that angle after. Maybe that helps? Also, I FULLY deflate and squeeze all the saline out of the cylinders, then add one pump. Not only does my flacid not show much more than my pre implant dick, but I can easily push it to one side or the other, or up/down. Same concept as pre surgery with my normal flacid. I know many have concerns about this for the Titan but this hasn't been an issue for me. Makes me wonder if many experience this because they don't FULLY deflate by squeezing your dick. On a side note, the surgeons that have you wait a full month to deflate, wouldn't that be way too long and a capsule would have already formed over your reservoir-thus preventing full deflation?

- I'm off all pain meds and pain is minimal, except when cycling then it's a 9/10 lol

- Reservoir still shows slightly, but through my research I concluded that he put it the retzius space due to my body fat. When I say low body fat I mean competition level, 8 pack abs body fat. I was reading that very lean and muscular people it is very hard to conceal the reservoir. Also, my reservoir is huge with 130 of saline-making it even harder to conceal than one with say-70 saline. The alternative placement would be my abdomen which would have probably shown also due to my low body fat-but that's a much more visible spot. I asked a few others with similar situations and it sounds like the pain goes away with time. Hakky also said to give it a couple weeks. This was my only worry, and I'm less worried now.

- Just for kicks tonight, I watched maybe 5 min of porn to stimulate myself and see what happened compared to before. Obviously my shaft didn't get hard but I could see blood in my glans which felt great. In general I think the lack of blood in that area slows healing or something. I would be interested to know if stimulation a few times a day to get blood flow to the glans, and heat via bath or heating pad would speed up healing times. My brain tells me yes lol, but just a thought I had. I'll prob try that daily from now on to get some blood flowing since I can't do hot baths yet. Can't wait to cycle in a hot bath, cold cycling is the worst lol.

- My dick is starting to look and feel back to normal. Veins are back and all. Zero bruising or swelling. My scrotum is still tender, but expected since I'm squeezing it 70 times a day pumping am and pm lol. No swelling in my scrotum though.

Overall, recovery is going great. Incredibly happy with my decision to do this, even though I questioned it days 1-3 as many of you have lol. At this rate, I'll be feeling like my usual self in a month and Peyronies will be a thing of the past! I'll probably keep journaling daily for a while then may do weekly or every few days.  

Stepone

You are doing great!
I think younger guys heal faster which makes perfect sense.
Are you going to do any pumped pics?
I assume you take measurements.
I had gains all the way up to one year.
Keep on pumping.
StepOne  

IwillbeatPD

Thanks Step!

I'm doing everything in my power to recover quickly. Been eating nothing but lean meats and tons of organic vegetables, lots of sleep and water. You know I'm a health nut so also doing meditation.

Will definitely post some pics up once I get home and out of this air bnb. I haven't measured at all after surgery but prob an inch shorter and just slightly less girth at the base, but MORE girth at the top half.

I can tell the cylinders have a lot of room left to expand, mostly because my dick is throbbing after cycling and I can feel kinks in the cyclinders still. Can't wait to see what I look like at the 3 month mark. What I find ironic is, the cycling pain feels identical to the Peyronies pain I had. Same stretching on the tissue feeling, but way worse cycling. No pain no gain!

Stepone

Several of us commented about the pains of pumping and then you will get to a point where there is no pain, but of course that means no more "increasing length or girth". We missed the pain.
It seems some people reach their final length/girth at 6 months, and some up to 12 months.
Best wishes and thanks for sharing.
I love success stories!
StepOne  

FrankPD

Wow, great news!  

All the best!  
I have a girlfriend
Age 48, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes

IwillbeatPD

One week update-

Ok I spoke too soon lol. I've been having a ton of pain now. I imagine from cycling. While I'm cycling it's probably 9/10 for pain, which reduces after deflating, but still remains around a 5 or 6 because my shaft is sore from cycling. My balls are sore from pumping. My groin is sore from my reservoir. I was taking no pain meds but will probably start some soon at least to sleep. Obviously a little discouraging after things felt like they were going so well. But, I think I've read about a million times the answer is....time. So I'm being patient, but hoping to see some reduction in pain.

I had my one week check up with a coloplast rep fist and Hakkys other doctor. They did a scan to check for hematoma and said there really wasn't one. My sack is still black and blue on the bottom half though. The coloplast rep gave me some advice when cycling to work out some remaining kinks in my shaft. Basically if you look at my dick it's generally straight, but not like a perfectly symmetrical line. If you look at my photos I always had a congenital left curve, then got Peyronies which made it more straight (weird I know). Now with the implant it's starting to fill out those areas more but I know that will come with time.

Just to log my emotional state, feel a little defeated right now and I'm a mentally tough person. This is a tough recovery for those who go through it. If you read other journals it seems like almost everyone has their own worries/fears etc in the beginning. I just keep reminding myself this is part of the process at day 7. This is quite literally the worst of it. Day 1 and 2 were pretty bad, but I'd say this period when you start cycling is equally rough in its own way. Everything hurts, my shaft, my sack and my reservoir. Basically limping around lol. Ice helps, and I am REALLY looking forward to cycling in a nice hot bath, versus this cold cycling stuff. Also can't wait to start back on tadalafil to get some blood flowing. This will all happen in a few weeks though so being patient.

Booked one last appt with Hakky at 2 weeks right before I fly out to have a final touch base on where things stand. I imagine in another week I'll have a whole different set of questions and I'll have more peace of mind with him taking a final look at me.

I will say, as hard as this is, I didn't have a choice. When I have those "what did I do" thoughts, I remind myself of how I felt walking around with an unusable dick with no plan of action to fix it. The countless hours of VED and Restorex use, and how pills were required tk even have a chance at sex. Not to mention, the appearance of my severely hourglassed dick. Sure, this recovery sucks, but I'm staying focused on the end result at 3 months and having my sex life back to normal. One day at a time.