1st Xiaflex injection after 24 months of RestoreX

Previous topic - Next topic

zrx1200mn

Much like the vasectomy I had 25 years ago, the anticipation of the Xiaflex shot was 100X worse than the shot itself. I will be going in for my 2nd short on the 28th of September, and four days after that I'll restart RestoreX treatments.
I'll give updates after the 2nd shot, and how my curvature responds to the RestoreX after the first round of Xiaflex shots.
Age 60

I've had Peyronies Disease for about 20 months. since fall of 2021
I started using RestoreX in late September, 2021.
30 degree curvature to the right. as of May, 2023 the curvature is Still 30 degrees.
first round of Xialflex shots in late September, 2023.

zrx1200mn

Well. it's been nine days since the 2nd injection of the 1st round of injections. The 2nd injection left me with significantly more bruising and swelling than the first injection. I re-started RestoreX 2+ days after the 2nd injection.
In the few days, I was conservative with pulling against the curvature; however, the past two days I have been able to pull against the curve with ease, and it seems like something is loosening up that allows me to pull against the curve.  
Age 60

30 degree curvature to the right. as of May, 2023 the curvature is Still 30 degrees.

pdhpt

Awesome news that you are making progress!  I haven't started Xiaflex yet.  My Dr generally doesn't use lidocaine or other numbing meds unless the patient requests it.  Could you share if you received a numbing injection prior to Xiaflex?
Age 62, married
Healthy & active (running/strength 5-6 days/week)
Peyronies Disease start @ June 2023 no known injury
Upward bend @ 45+ degrees
Diagnosed Sep 2023
RestoreX & about to begin Xiaflex injections

zrx1200mn

Quote from: pdhpt on October 15, 2023, 09:02:48 AMAwesome news that you are making progress!  I haven't started Xiaflex yet.  My Dr generally doesn't use lidocaine or other numbing meds unless the patient requests it.  Could you share if you received a numbing injection prior to Xiaflex?
I believe that I asked if he gave nova-cane before the Xiaflex shots, and he gave me nova-cane shots before the Xiaflex shot.
Age 60

zrx1200mn

Quote from: zrx1200mn on November 13, 2023, 09:05:56 PMI believe that I asked if he gave nova-cane before the Xiaflex shots, and he gave me nova-cane shots before the Xiaflex shot.
I started my 2nd round of Xiaflex shots today. The Dr was going to give me the Xiaflex shot and I asked if he was going to give me Lidocaine first. I said that I would much rather have the Lidocaine, before the Xialflex.
He gave me the Lidocaine and then the Xiaflex. From what i can remember, the 1st shot of the 1st round of shots did not hurt as much as this first shot of the 2nd round of shots.
He did do some "modeling" to get the Xiaflex into the scar tissue.  
Age 60

zrx1200mn

Quote from: zrx1200mn on November 27, 2023, 06:34:28 PMI started my 2nd round of Xiaflex shots today. The Dr was going to give me the Xiaflex shot and I asked if he was going to give me Lidocaine first. I said that I would much rather have the Lidocaine, before the Xialflex.
He gave me the Lidocaine and then the Xiaflex. From what i can remember, the 1st shot of the 1st round of shots did not hurt as much as this first shot of the 2nd round of shots.
He did do some "modeling" to get the Xiaflex into the scar tissue.  

After two rounds of Xiaflex, i've had improvement from a 30 degrees curvature after two years of RestoreX, and now it is now less than 20 degrees of curvature. I will have my 3rd round of Xiaflex shots this Wednesday/Friday.
Age 60