foreskin friction after Peyronie - circumcision a solution?

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer

Since I got Peyronie's, the mechanics of my foreskin no longer work smoothly (I am uncut, obviously).

During sex, or even masturbation, the foreskin no longer rolls smoothly on and off the glans, but with the movement it gets bunched up on the side that my penis bends towards. As a result friction is a problem, even with lubricant, and I regularly end up with inflammation, sometimes leading to infection. It is also possible that on some of these occasions the foreskin may have healed back tighter than before, aggravating the problem further.

I am wondering if circumcision could be a solution to this issue at this point. I am not hugely bothered about losing my foreskin, especially as it's giving me grief now. But I know the surgery isn't a walk in the park and I wouldn't want to go through with it for nothing.

Has anyone else had the same problem, and do you also think circumcision might help? I have had little luck with finding good doctors so far on Peyronie's, let alone this particular facet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
early 50s, diagnosed 18m ago
no visible effect with traction or L-arginine - bend still accentuating
minor pain, no ED