Surgery update

Previous topic - Next topic

davie159

It's been close on 8 weeks since I had penile implant surgery and I think my recovery has went ok. I've asked a few questions on here as I've been worried and concerned, probably unnecessarily, about a few things and you guys have been great.

This Tuesday 22nd August, I see the consultant who I'd guess will check over his handy work and give me guidance on how to inflate and deflate the device (Coloplast 3 piece). Since being discharged from hospital I've had the prosthesis 50% inflated - It's been challenging that's for sure. I've been pretty lucky being on summer leaves / school break. An erection just wouldn't be manageable working in a secondary ( senior school). I tried everything from boxer briefs, briefs, compression shorts and jock straps and my 'thing' is still visible. I've generally worn look joggers and snug underwear since surgery. I'm pretty average in size so I can only imagine what it's like for someone who's in the big category.

I'm looking forward to my appointment as it'll give me piece of mind that all has gone well. My only worry being I can feel the pump bulb very easily - Almost noticeable through my boxers. That's probably normal I guess. I am however nervous about using the implant or rather not being able to use it. I just hope that before I leave hospital on Tuesday, I been allowed to have a couple of inflate / deflate practices and I'm comfortable using it.

8 weeks is a long time I'm sure you'll agree and been told no sexual activity !!  I've got to be truthful as I've masturbated a couple times. It was relatively easy as I'm 50% hard and it was pain free and enjoyable. Seeing my penis straight after suffering Pyronies for 4 years put a smile on my face and I'm sure it'll put a smile on my partners face too. Even semi hard is significantly better that what I had before.

So folks that's my update and everything I have is crossed that all goes well at the consultant meeting.

Developed Peyronies 2019.

Prior to noticing curve my penis was around 7" uncircumcised
The bend has shortened my penis considerably

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.

Sonic

Sounds like everything is going really well for you. Glad to hear this.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

davie159

8 weeks from surgery to consultant appointment has been a nightmare but almost there now.  

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.

FrankPD

Sounds pretty awesome though!  Stay positive!  
I have a girlfriend
Age 48, No injury
Diagnosis January 2022  
Six plaques
Hourglassing when flaccid and semi-erect
Only have my congenital curve
Massaging with vitamin E cream twice a day 
5mg Tadalafil, Healthy diet
Discomfort/aching sometimes

Stepone

Davie59

I hope things are going well.
How did your visit go?
As you know from reading the various journals, surgeons vary in their times to start pumping.
Have you started any measurements as most of us were concerned about size.
Thanks for sharing your information.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

davie159

Hi thanks for your reply.

The appointment went well - Everything healed up etc. inflation and deflation of the implant isn't to bad at all. I've definitely lost a bit of length when hard and the tip of my penis is a bit softer than the shaft but seems ok for

intercourse. The strange part is I feel I am semi hard when flaccid / deflated which is a wee bit of a nightmare with clothing etc - looks impressive through my boxers though !!

I have a telephone appointment with the consultant in a couple of months and will probably be fully discharged then - Although I think I may ask for a face to face.

Has anyone ever mentioned their penis sitting to one side after surgery ? It really isn't an issue although can be a we but uncomfortable inside jeans etc. In addition I have to be a bit careful in the gym dressing room as it does look semi hard !!!

Stepone

Davie, glad things are going well.
My penis has always hung to one side.
And yes, your penis will feel like a semi all the time, but you will get used to it or not, lol.
I don't worry about the gym. If anyone is going to look, try not to worry about it. If I have to get naked at gym, I just mind my own business, but sometimes I do see other guy envying my larger cock. Lol
Enjoy your new size.
Stepone
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

davie159

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm getting used to it - Slowly. Lol