VED post implant

Previous topic - Next topic

jj21

Any members used a VED successfully post-implant? If so, what was your routine and results?

Thank you,
J

34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

LWillisjr

Not sure why you would use one with an implant.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Trapper

Quote from: LWillisjr on August 14, 2023, 07:50:46 PMNot sure why you would use one with an implant.

To keep your tissues around the implant oxygenated and healthy.  
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

Hawk

I do not think there is any need to use a VED with an implant for tissue oxygenation.

VED's post implant are usually used for two reasons.
1.  To help fully regain size
2.  To fully engorge the spongiosum and glans if you have total ED

With #2, it will give some extra girth to your inflated Penis and some minor added length from the glans engorging to the limit.  Most will find the added size is not worth the hassle.  I have experimented with this enough to know the best procedure is to inflate only to about 1/3 of your max, pump to the max with the VED, and top off by inflating the implant.  You will probably get fewer pumps than you do without a VED because blood occupies some of the space.  You can get your penis to the point that it is far more engorged than any natural erection.

I am not certain that using the VED with most constriction rings is a good idea for the tubing life.  Vacurect uses washers rather than constriction bands which I think are far safer, but as I said, I see little point in using a VED with an implant unless it is to speed size expansion in your first-year post-op.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

jj21

Sorry, I should have clarified, I wanted to use VED to stretch out the tissue in order to try and stretch out a retracted/contracted graft.

34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Hawk

Then I would use an Agusta Medical 3-cylinder Soma-Correct VED to restrict the expansion of the rest of the penis and focus the expansion on the retracted area. Your other option would be to make one or two different diameter cylinder VED's if you are a little handy with your hands.  It is not that difficult if you order the components.

I am not sure it would work or how likely the retracted graft is to stretch.  It could be argued that just inflating the implant would do the same thing.  In fact, inflating the implant with your penis inside of a cylinder that restricts all but the retracted section should have the exact same effect. That would be my approach. It is worth a try.

jj21

Thanks Hawk,

I have got a 3 cylinder VED, about three quarters of the right side (towards the glans) is retracted. Right side base is okay. I'm not sure if it would be possible to design something that would restrict 3/4 of the left side and not the right?

Any ideas?

Could I please get your advice on some skin stuck to the bottom of my pump, almost like it's been glued on. I'm wondering if this is the cause of my pump displacement. Have you ever heard of anything like this?

Thanks as always.
J

Trapper

Quote from: Hawk on August 15, 2023, 11:48:34 PMI do not think there is any need to use a VED with an implant for tissue oxygenation.

I believe the reasoning behind it is the exact same reason that EID and others advocate full deflation of the implant i.e. to increase blood flow to your tissues something that is likely decreased considering an implant presumably for ED or peyroines. Although your tissue cannot atrophy beyond the cylinders they can and do atrophy over time I was told in 30 years my penis will be more oval due to atrophy. VED simulates a natural erection which is essentially exercise for the penis preventing atrophy.  
33 years old, symptoms started early 20's but never really bothered me until the last two years
Trimix worked well but caused more scarring. 
Titan 24CM XL+ 1 CM RTE'S Dr. Hakky 4/4/23
Hyaluronic acid penis filler by Dr. Hakky June 2023

Hawk

Quote from: Trapper on August 16, 2023, 02:49:38 PMI believe the reasoning behind it is the exact same reason that EID and others advocate full deflation of the implant i.e. to increase blood flow to your tissues...

I think this warrants some discussion.  In my conversations with Dr. Eid and in videos I have watched, he has always indicated that fully deflating was for two reasons
1. To prevent constant pressure of the tips on the tissue and causing erosion
2. Preventing expansion of the scar capsule in the crus leading to a lower angle when inflated.

At no point have I heard Dr. Eid say it was to increase blood flow.  I have also heard him recommend against VED use, although he did give me clearance when I showed him the type of VED and retention rings I was considering.