Help! VED Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean1979

Hello, I am so very confused on how long one should use a penis pump? There is so much conflicting info. Several medical sites say to use a penis pump for 10 to 20 minutes day to treat Peyronies. I have been using a pump for months now, and I do 2, 10 minute sessions a day, at 5 pressure. I came to this site and was reading on the topic, and there are numerous posts that your only supoosed to pump for seconds etc and then release. I hope that I havent caused major damage over the past months. Iam actually very scared that perhaps this made my peyronies worse. Essentially every site out there says to have an erection and use up to 10 minutes. But on this site, it is extremley conservate on the time you are supposed to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
single
Approx Date of symptoms 01/01/2023
type of Symptoms 30 degree bend, dents, pain
Diagnosed May 2023
Restorex, pump

Sonic

First of all it is good you have gotten a pump with a pressure gauge as that is probably the most important thing. 5 pressure is a good level. Studies have shown that around 200 mmHG causes the least damage. I am not a pump expert but have read a lot about it. For guys who are not prone to Peyronies it's an incredible tool to get better EQ and also increased girth with years of consistent usage but for us with Peyronies it seems lower holding times is the safest.

Try hold the erection for around 30 seconds to MAX 1 minute at a time. I do not think 5 in pressure will cause any serious damage but then again, only you can monitor this and see for yourself.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Sonic

Also I would suggest that one session a day is enough otherwise you risk over doing it.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Sean1979

Thank you so much for that info!! I will alter my routine to what you suggested and see how it goes.  
single
Approx Date of symptoms 01/01/2023
type of Symptoms 30 degree bend, dents, pain
Diagnosed May 2023
Restorex, pump

Monty

Hi, the question you ask is one of them that as no defiant answer to, you can read all day long about the pressure and length of time you hold and you will get different answers, none may be wrong and none may be right,i have being using a VED for over 5 years and changing my protocol to suit me and my penis, i'm now doing 2 sessions a day, 15-20 mins at bedtime and approx 60 mins in the morning, i use the Soma unit which as no gauge,but you can feel when its time to stop pumping, you should build up gradually say 5 pumps rest, repeat this until you get close to max penis size, then fully relax pressure and rest for 5-10 seconds,repeat this for the session, this i feel is a good starting point witch you can change anytime you like.      
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life