Swelling

Previous topic - Next topic

davie159

Hi everyone. I'll get my apologies in early as I've probably posted a similar question before.

I had coloplast surgery on 28th June at the Western General hospital in Edinburgh. Apparently all went well. My surgeon was Mr Shukla. In respect of pain I've done ok and the 50% inflation although can be awkward, is manageable. My question is this ;

I still think there's a bit of swelling in the scrotum area (3 weeks +) but my biggest concern is the button that activates the pump feels really big and is right at the very bottom of the scrotum - almost directly under my testicles. I guess the testicles and the button will be arguing over territory but the area is pretty tender. If I sit on a seat / on the edge, it feels as if the button is being pushed into my body. In addition to feeling perfectly round, I can't feel any areas that would be for inflate and deflate. Is it possible the button can move from its initial location ? I know I'm crazy !!!

I did call the hospital and spoke with the consultant's secretary who emailed him with the concerns (above) and I was informed he'd see me on 22nd August (scheduled appointment)!!  The hospital is 2 hours from my house but I'd happily drive to have 2 minutes of his time. Unlikely.

I'm lying awake at night, not in pain but worrying something may be seriously wrong. I imagine myself sitting on the saddle of a bicycle and the discomfort I'd get from what I think is the coloplast button. I'm going to call my GP on Monday just in case the lump is something more sinister !!  I've had a good feel around the testicle and scrotum area and I can feel nothing that resembles what I felt in hospital when a Dr inflated the prothesis to 50%. I guess the button would be absorbs my the swelling then ?

I'm sitting just in a pair of light joggers and a snug pair of Under Armour compression boxers and it like a small ball protruding through.

As it is just now, I wish I'd never had the surgery.

Thanks for reading.  
Developed Peyronies 2019.

Prior to noticing curve my penis was around 7" uncircumcised
The bend has shortened my penis considerably

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.

Gap63

Quote from: davie159 on July 22, 2023, 09:22:28 AMIn addition to feeling perfectly round, I can't feel any areas that would be for inflate and deflate. Is it possible the button can move from its initial location ? I know I'm crazy !!!

I think you maybe worrying too much, did your Doctor give you the keyring (identical to your pump) that comes in the Coloplast package ?

There is no inflate button, too inflate you just squeeze the bulb located at the bottom of the pump, should be very easy to feel/identify, just above the bulb, about 1/4" is the deflate button, this is harder to identify, imagine a rectangle, two sides are narrow, the other two is what you need to feel for, one side will be the deflate button and the other just solid, squeeze these two together and the deflate button will activate, you need to squeeze your penis at the same time (do not try this until your Doctor gives you the go ahead)

Also look on Youtube for Dr Clavell, he has an excellent video which explains the process of inflating/deflating.
Peyronie's Disease for 6 years
Titan touch 20cm + 1 RTE
Dr J Clavell, Houston, Sept 2022
Age 58

davie159

Thanks very much. Unfortunately I wasn't given the keyring device - it sounds like it may have been useful. Basically all I can feel is the 'bulb' and nothing above it. Is it possible that a little swelling will stop me from feeling this ?

You're correct, I am probably worrying too much as it's not been 4 weeks since surgery.

Thanks again.  
Developed Peyronies 2019.

Prior to noticing curve my penis was around 7" uncircumcised
The bend has shortened my penis considerably

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.