Implant question

Previous topic - Next topic

IwillbeatPD

Hey guys! Just a couple quick questions for those of you with experience with your implant.

1. Is a 4 hour car ride home immediately following your implant procedure reasonable? Would this cause any issues?

2. I've read several journals and it seems some people have a really hard time the first 2 weeks. And some people breeze right through it.

Just to manage my expectations, how bad actually is it after say 4-5 days? Am I going to be able to walk around my house? Prepare food? Do dishes? Laundry? I'm a very fit and athletic 37 year old. Do you think I can manage recovery on my own or do you think it's necessary to have someone living here to help? It's honestly hard gauge as some people hear it's like they can't get out of bed and others are generally fine a couple days after.

3. For you forum veterans out there, do you know of anyone off hand who had surgery with Dr Hakky (besides trapper) and Dr Clavell? Both seem great but would like to get some perspective from those who have been to these specific doctors  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Stepone

Hey Iwillbeatthis,

The 2 hour ride home was not bad, but I was not the driver.
The hospital gave me a donut shaped balloon to sit on and I also had an oxycodone to deaden the pain.

The pain was manageable enough with oxy and another drug, don't recall the name right now.

I was able to do all the things I normally do, I bought cold pacs to put on my penis and that seemed to keep the swelling down and about a week later, the doctor approved hot baths which seemed to help with pumping.

It was definitely uncomfortable when walking or sitting, trying to find the right underwear to keep it from hurting when pointed up was a challenge. I eventually went to extra tight briefs to keep it pointed up, but had to have enough size to keep it from pointing out of top of briefs. I tried lots of underwear before I found a basic undersized brief to give the most comfort.

Hope this helps,
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

I rode 4:15 minutes home from surgery BUT

I got out of recovery as fast as I could manage before the pain set in.  I had a spinal rather than general anesthesia, and because I felt zero pain for the first 4 hours of the trip, I think I was not as careful as I should have been.  I sat up rather than reclining etc.  When I got home, getting out of the car and walking to the upstairs of my two-story house was not fun.  My first two days after getting home were BAD.  I was worried because I felt I could not return if I had to, and no one locally could address my issues.  As it was, time took care of it.

By day four, I think you can care for yourself if you prepare easy-to-fix meals and are prepared to be a little miserable.  Make sure you have a donut, or better yet, roll a thick towel and lay it in a "V" shape with the point of the "V" under your tailbone.  Do NOT sit on a soft pillow.  Have a refillable ice bag and use it from the moment you leave the hospital.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Anthony1

Im scheduled with Hakky on 9/12.  The reason Im responding is because I was also a patient of Clavell's.  Im from the BCS area and was delighted that a dr of Clavells reputation was in Htown.  He was very helpful and gave me great insight.  At the time injections worked for me so I stayed on that path.
About 1.5 years ago I relocated for work to East TN and about 8 months ago rapidly developed Peyronies Disease.  I went from a straight erection to a 40-50° upward curve.  Hakky is about 3 hrs from me so I went to him.  I found him to be much like Clavell and obviously trust him enough to go thru with surgery.  
I think you will be happy with either dr.
For my travel, my wife will accompany me.  We have booked a VRBO nearby and will stay thru Friday and come home.  I figured being near Hakky for the first few days would be wise in case their was a complication.  A VRBO give us privacy as I didnt feel like shuffling around the Holiday Inn with a boner and an ice bucket shouldnI need to leave the room! Lol.
Hope all goes well for you.

50yo, MI 10 years ago, T2 Diabeetus, ED 7 years, pills worked till they didnt.  Injections led to 40° upward curve.  Implanted by Dr Hakky 9/12/2023. Titan 22cm, no rte, 125 ml reservoir.  Curve reduced to apx 10°.

Stepone

Anthony, i wish you the best.
If you could add to your account a signature line with important data about you, that would enable viewers to haves basic understanding without having to reread all your posts. Look at our to determine what to add.
I wonder if the shots contributed to your Peyronies symptoms. I did the shots too and have read where others have had the same problems.
Stay in touch, big hugs to you and your wife and I will be praying for the surgeon and you on the 12th.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Gap63

Quote from: IwillbeatPD on July 19, 2023, 07:51:47 PMHey guys! Just a couple quick questions for those of you with experience with your implant.

3. For you forum veterans out there, do you know of anyone off hand who had surgery with Dr Hakky (besides trapper) and Dr Clavell? Both seem great but would like to get some perspective from those who have been to these specific doctors

I have an implant that is 1 year old now, Dr Clavell was my surgeon and I highly recommend him, seems like a straight shooter to me and the surgury went well, I only met Dr Clavell on the day of my surgury, 1st appointment was via video.

Recovery was exactly as was explained to me, I only stayed in Houston for 4 days and then was on a 20 hour flight to South East Asia where I currently live.  Since my operation I have only had contact twice, Dr Clavell wanted me to let him know I got home with no issues, and the 2nd time was to let me know to begin cycling.

My only regret was not getting the implant earlier than I did, Covid deferred it a few more years aswell.
Peyronie's Disease for 6 years
Titan touch 20cm + 1 RTE
Dr J Clavell, Houston, Sept 2022
Age 58

ohnoohno

Glad to hear your doing well from Clavell Gap63! How much did it cost with him as your're not from US?  
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

IwillbeatPD

I'm from the US so I used insurance  
Fit 37 year old athlete. Hinging and hourglass began Sep 2022. Tried VED, Restorex, tadalafil with no improvement. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan touch XXL 26 cm no RTE's. Pre op 8.25Lx 5ish G. Post implant: 8.25 L x 5.5 G

Anthony1

Well I can answer the original question... I would not plan on driving 4 hours or any other travel.  You will be sedated and woozy not to mention in Houston traffic! Haha
Also if you have to urinate or defecate Im not so sure a public restroom is a great option, unsanitary and youll be erect walking thru the place.  
Its quite uncomfortable.  
Im quite happy to have gotten a place nearby to stay thru the week.  
50yo, MI 10 years ago, T2 Diabeetus, ED 7 years, pills worked till they didnt.  Injections led to 40° upward curve.  Implanted by Dr Hakky 9/12/2023. Titan 22cm, no rte, 125 ml reservoir.  Curve reduced to apx 10°.