Abstain from Sex for Four Weeks After Xiaflex?

Previous topic - Next topic

Max360

Needless to say, it is going to be a challenge for me to not have sex/orgasm for this long. What is the reasoning behind having to abstain from sex for 4 weeks after a Xiaflex infection? There is no explanation for this in the Xiaflex pamphlet.

Does this apply to any form of sex, or just intercourse? I.e, would a gentle hand job or oral sex be allowed?  Or is it the erection itself that also needs to be avoided?

Thanks for any insight.

58, Committed Relationship; Onset of Symptoms Fall 2022
Peyronies Disease 70 degree curvature
Current Treatment: Xiaflex and RestoreX

richestorags

"Xiaflex can cause serous damage to the structure of the penis. After treatment, one of the tubes inside the penis could break during an erection, called penile fracture. This typically requires surgery. Damage to the penis may not get better after penile fracture, even with surgery. This could lead to permanent inability to have an erection."

"The most concerning potential side effect of Xiaflex treatment is a type of penile injury known
as corporal rupture or penile fracture. This type of injury can occur in men who participate in
sexual activity prematurely during the first 4 weeks following their Xiaflex injections when sex
and masturbation should be completely avoided.Because Xiaflex works by softening tissue, it temporarily weakens the erectile cylinders that create erection. These cylinders are put under pressure during sex and masturbation. When
they are temporarily weakened from Xiaflex therapy, they are at risk for injury until they've
had time to heal"

I am not a doctor and can not give medical advice, however, there is concensus on 4-week abstinence from Xiaflex manufacturer Endo and treating urologists. Use your RestoreX and before you know it the 4 weeks will have passed. Good things come to those who wait  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  >:D  
-Peyronies Disease onsite 11/2021
-Xiaflex inections by Dr. Trost 03/16/2023 & /03/17/2023 + aggressive RestoreX use
-Pre treatment curve 70 degrees, post-treatment curve estimated at 20 degrees by Dr Trost 04/11/2023
-Daily Restorex use to prevent recurrence

Max360

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.  Glad that I have stayed strong!  I did not see that information in the Xiaflex pamphlet, but it definitely explains everything.
58, Committed Relationship; Onset of Symptoms Fall 2022
Peyronies Disease 70 degree curvature
Current Treatment: Xiaflex and RestoreX