Starting to worry 😪

Previous topic - Next topic

davie159

Hi folk, hope we are all well.

As per a previous post, I had penile implant surgery (coloplast) on 28th June. Surgery went well.

I'm now day 10 post op and I feel not too bad. The swelling and surgical discomfort is reducing daily - But here's where I start to worry.

The swelling in the scrotum is lessening and for the last few days I can feel a hard lump, which I'm guessing is the pump !!  Prior to discharge one of the doctors guided my fingers to allow me to feel it for myself - It feels considerably bigger than before (obviously it can't be)

Is it the case that once swelling of this area goes down, the pump button is more prominent to me ? Sorry for the lack of correct terminology but as I say I'm starting to worry !!  

I see my surgeon again on 22nd August so a bit of time yet.  
Developed Peyronies 2019.

Prior to noticing curve my penis was around 7" uncircumcised
The bend has shortened my penis considerably

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.

Gap63

Quote from: davie159 on July 08, 2023, 01:59:00 PMIs it the case that once swelling of this area goes down, the pump button is more prominent to me ?

In my opinion the pump button is not prominent at all, I am sure your surgeon will point it out easily for you, just take note...................meanwile keep watching the Youtube video by Dr Clavell about locating the deflate button, for me this helped alot. In my case I did not get to see my surgeon since the day of the surgury so I had to figure it out myself, and yes at the begining I was squeezing the sides of the pump, not the deflate button.

Also I presume you got the plastic dummy pump in the aftercare kit ?...................make yourself familiar with that aswell.
Peyronie's Disease for 6 years
Titan touch 20cm + 1 RTE
Dr J Clavell, Houston, Sept 2022
Age 58

Roddy

Hi Davie

Yes, you might want to familiarise yourself with your key ring pump set to know what the pump/deflate button should feel like. Once the swelling goes down, they both feel very different inside your sack.

Whilst I cannot give any great advice on if you have an infection in there or not, you have to remember that you are only on day 11 post surgery. Your signature line doesn't say what age you are, but for me, when I had my implant put in at age 47, my balls had lived alone for 47 years and all of a sudden there was a newbie on the block down there - they weren't best pleased is a simple way of putting it. Your 2 balls have suddenly become 3 and there's a foreign object causing a lot of swelling and discomfort for you. You need to know this and stay calm. Things may take months to settle - but settle they will. You're in this for the long haul and in time your life quality will improve unimaginably. You can only trust us guys who have been through it. All the pain, and I mean ALL of the pain, will be worth it by week 6-8. You are only on Day 11.

I had a truly hellish time by your point but kept going because others promised it would all be worth it. And, oh my God, how worth it has been. Regular sex, with a straight dick, with no issues with erections, and no refraction period. It's amazing.

In terms of possible infection, if you are genuinely worried, simply rock up to the urology outpatient section of your hospital and say you'd like to see your surgeon if possible as you think there may be the possibility of infection. I wouldn't even bother emailing or phoning as they may fob you off. If you can't see your surgeon, someone else will see you, I'm sure.

Good luck!

Roddy
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

davie159

Hi Roddy, thanks again.

I'm 57, in decent shape and looking forward to having a decent physical relationship in the coming weeks. The key ring pump set is a new one on me. I left the Western General with nothing but a bag from pharmacy, a partially hidden erection and a safe journey home from the nurses.

I totally get what you're saying about day 11. I'm the biggest worrier and am sure everything is ok. I had an appointment with a practice nurse at my surgery on Friday and all is good with regards to infection.    It just feels the pump button is huge - I'm sure it ain't and I'll be seeing the consultant on 22nd August to learn how to use it. I guess the time for me to fully evaluate it is when ALL the swelling is gone. As I'm typing this I'm sitting in the garden, enjoying the sun and totally pain free. I know I am very lucky. The only thing the consultant has to do is give me cream to rub on my foreskin which slips over the head of my penis - done that for 57 years !!! Apparently this cream helps in that regard.

Anyway thanks again and it was great to hear from you.  

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.

Stepone

Davie,
How are you doing.
I am surprised they are making you wait over a month to start pumping.
Most of us start pumping in one week. Are you sure, you are supposed to wait until late August or is that when they review your progress?
StepOne

Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

davie159

Hi. Yeah my appointment with the consultant is 22nd August. I had occasion to call the urology department of the Western General hospital yesterday as I feel the pump is very very prominent. If I sit on the edge of the bed I feel it pushing up etc - there's certainly no way I could sit on a bike !!  

I spoke to one of the staff in urology who emailed my concerns to Mr Shukla (surgeon). I received a telephone call from the department advising that Mr Shukla was satisfied everything was normal. He intimated the pump needs to be prominent to all me to familiarise myself with the inflate / deflate procedure. I've just got to trust that I guess. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon.

I've watched videos where patients are cycling the implant and I guess I look the same way. 50% inflated for the last 4 weeks has been challenging and I've another 3 weeks + to go. To be honest I'm depended ( sexually also).

I worry about everything but what I was told by urology did settle my mind a bit. I can actually feel and see the pump through my clothes - honest.

davie159

The actual words Mr Shukla used were that the pump is placed superficially.  

Stepone

Davie, we all worry.
And of course each of us heal differently and at different times.
But my pump seemed very prominent too in starting out. Actually it took maybe 6 months before it loosened..... or maybe even longer.
I hate to keep stating this, but if you would read other peoples journals....as boring as they can be....you would find it is a marathon.
I assume your pump is more evident because your penis is pointing up.
Perhaps your clothing is too tight?
I hope you can find some relief, but seriously read from start to finish a few of the journals and you will see....it is a long process.
Stay safe
Relax
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

davie159

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah I've read a few journals and take similarities from them. I've worn lose joggers / sweat pants since surgery and compression shorts / boxer briefs. I occasionally wear shorts but with my penis partially hard it's a bit harder ( no pun intended) to hide 🙈

It's reassuring to read about the time it took your pump to loosen. I'm an impatient so and so 😂

Thanks again.

David.

Hawk

Certainly, the pump button cannot feel huge.  You must be feeling the pump bulb.  The button if anything, it is tricky to locate.  Most of us were given a non-working, exact-size replica of the pump so we understand how to find the deflate button and what we are feeling in our scrotum.  Your pump will take time to settle into its final position.  I have no idea what "The pump is placed superficially" even means, but I would not worry about it.  It will settle in in a few months and all should be fine.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums