Has anyone from outside the USA had insurance or such fund an implant within US?

Previous topic - Next topic

ohnoohno

As I keep searching for the right option I do think I will end up with an implant.

Hearing so much great things on Dr Eid or Hakky makes me determined to find a way to have my implant/journey with one of these doctors.

I'm wondering if anyone from outside the USA who had implant surgery in the USA was able to have their procedure funded via insurance or something? I can put up maybe 1/3 of the cost of the surgery though (lets hope I randomly win big soon)  
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

Hawk

Unfortunately, I have not read of a non-U.S. citizen getting insurance to pay for a U.S. surgeon.  I am not positive that it cannot happen; I just have not read about it on the forum or elsewhere.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

ohnoohno

Fair enough. Doesn't seem like it.

If anyone see's this and chimes in on if they've heard of any outsiders of the US having help with their implant being funded in the US.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

jj21

Quote from: ohnoohno on August 14, 2023, 10:46:11 PMIf anyone see's this and chimes in on if they've heard of any outsiders of the US having help with their implant being funded in the US.

There is a guy on FT who is an Indian citizen but had insurance via his wife's ex-employer in the U.S.A (they were living there at the time), he was able to get his implant covered under insurance in the U.S. He is back in India now and very happy with his implant.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

ohnoohno

JJ thank you for that. I actually used to have a VISA for the US that allowed me to work there for about 9 months.

I'm not sure if that'd work now but maybe I can renew the visa and get it sorted w insurance (I want to live in USA anyway eventually but I have still 2+ years until I can)

Pfract

Hey ohnoohno,

Depending on how much you make a year and your overall financial situation, wouldn't it be better to just try to save the money first and then have the surgery in the USA?

ohnoohno

It'll take me many years to save for the surgery at the current rate unfortunately.

Hopefully I'll figure something out sooner.  

jj21

Quote from: Pfract on August 16, 2023, 10:29:14 PMwouldn't it be better to just try to save the money first and then have the surgery in the USA?

Saving to go to the U.S for surgery can be very difficult P. Considering, inflation, interest rates, cost of living, currency exchange rate etc in other countries. Include saving for living, airfares and accommodation expenses as well.

Unfortunately, we are very limited for options outside the U.S. Can take the risk and try a surgeon in your own country, but if something goes wrong, the consequences can be disastrous and lifelong, and then you're not left with much options.

Good thing for Oh atm is that the GBP is a bit stronger than USD.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

jj21

@ Oh - it would be a good idea to look into the insurance policies for overseas workers in the U.S. Some might not cover for pre-existing conditions, some might not cover the implant (could be considered cosmetic), and they might want a full report of your existing medical conditions.

I am not sure how the guy from India did it, but I can pass you his username if you like, he is very kind and helpful.

J

Sonic

Quote from: jj21 on August 18, 2023, 10:10:00 PMSaving to go to the U.S for surgery can be very difficult P. Considering, inflation, interest rates, cost of living, currency exchange rate etc in other countries. Include saving for living, airfares and accommodation expenses as well.

Unfortunately, we are very limited for options outside the U.S. Can take the risk and try a surgeon in your own country, but if something goes wrong, the consequences can be disastrous and lifelong, and then you're not left with much options.

Good thing for Oh atm is that the GBP is a bit stronger than USD.

J

The reasons you mentioned here is practically why I have given up on doing it in the states. This forum has helped me immensely because now I know if I do it here in Sweden the risk will be higher of poor results and complications. I can now factor this into consideration when I take my decision in the future. Hope your issues get resolved soon. The one positive thing out of your entire post implant journey is that you are now legitimately a master of pain however stupid that sounds. Other minor pains will now be nothing to you man.

30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

jj21

Quote from: Sonic on August 19, 2023, 09:05:14 AMThe one positive thing out of your entire post implant journey is that you are now legitimately a master of pain however stupid that sounds. Other minor pains will now be nothing to you man.

Thanks Sonic, we have to remember, there's a positive in every adverse situation. No matter what happens, we learn and grow from it.