Travelling to US from Canada for Xiaflex? Any experiences?

Previous topic - Next topic

SG8

Hi all, wondering if there are any Canadians that have travelled to the US (specifically from BC to Washington State or nearby) for Xiaflex treatments? Any idea on costs? Obviously this wouldn't be an insurance matter for me.

Any experiences, feedback, advice is much appreciated!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Sebtp1973

Not from Canada, but traveled to Utah for treatment with Dr Trost. He's the best Xiaflex treater out there, so I recommend you look into him. He turned my 75 degree upward curve into 0.  
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

SG8

Thanks for the quick reply. My wife actually reached out to his clinic via email, as I read somewhere else on the forum that he offers phone consultations or appointments of some sort. We also asked for pricing, as I will have no insurance coverage down in the US. Any insight into the costs?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Alex83

Doctor Trost told me that a series of 2 Xiaflex injections costs $800.
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

richestorags

I will second Dr. Trost. This is just a guess, however, he may offer "no insurance" pricing and charge differently for patients that have insurance. I am fortunate to have a stupid-generous health plan and the charges for his services came to justa wee bit more than $800.00 :-)  

Endo Pharmaceuticals has a patient assistance program and Dr. Trost's staff takes care of filling out and submitting the forms to Endo.  
-Peyronies Disease onsite 11/2021
-Xiaflex inections by Dr. Trost 03/16/2023 & /03/17/2023 + aggressive RestoreX use
-Pre treatment curve 70 degrees, post-treatment curve estimated at 20 degrees by Dr Trost 04/11/2023
-Daily Restorex use to prevent recurrence

Pfract

SG8: If you want to update us on the costs to that entail a consultation with Dr Trost, coming from Canada, that would be great.

I remember that the last time I spoke on the phone with his assistants, he couldn't do videocalls for patients out of the states he was covered. But he did receive international patients. So there's a chance for you.