Dry fasting

Previous topic - Next topic

bentoboy

Over the past few months I've been practicing occasional water fasting - more or less every 2-3 weeks for 2-3 days. It has improved my health overall, but I can't say whether it affected my Peyronies in any way or not.

Has anyone tried doing dry fasting though? I've been thinking about doing it for maybe 2-3 days to see whether it would affect my Peyronies  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.

Sonic

Yes I have and be aware it is not work compatible at all. You need to be at home and resting. You have to be aware of the fact that you will start feeling quite a bit dehydrated and dry in the throat. I always start my water fasts with a dry fast because then I crave water instead of food. You truly feel like a buddhist monk in how calm and relaxed you become when dry fasting.

You have to monitor how you feel. If you start to get very dizzy or on the verge of fainting go drink. And if you do actually reach 3 days, break it by drinking coconut water.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

bentoboy

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I know that it would be difficult to do a dry fast throughout the work week. I usually start my fast on Friday morning and carry it out until late Sunday/early Monday.

What's your personal experience? Has it helped with your Peyronies?

I'm quite sure I have some autoimmune issues so I'm aiming at "normalising" or 'stabilising" my body by the means of the dry fasting. We will see how it goes

Thanks again  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.

Sonic

You are welcome. Has it helped my Peyronies? Well, I have not done enough dry fasts to tell, fasting always seems to help with my erectile quality though. My suspicion with long term fasts i that they can indeed help with Peyronies but thing is, mot of us guys expect hourglassing/dents to be filled etc but sadly I think this is not and never will be the case. Possibly it can help soften/shrink scar tissue due to autophagy process and in turn help with curvature?

However when it comes to dents/hourglassing sadly I think lost tissue is permanent. I keep doing them hoping that it will fill out my right shaft denting but so far no change in that. If I ever do see improvement I will of course make a post here.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Pinto

Quote from: bentoboy on June 12, 2023, 05:23:17 PMmore or less every 2-3 weeks for 2-3 days
I don't think you can get substantial results like this.To be able to see some results you have to develop 3-5 days dry fasting,even longer if you can.And 10-15 days water fasting.Only like this you can see some improvements and of course there is no guaranties.But you have to be careful if you manage to go longer periods,especially  with the recovering I mean getting back to food.  
There is post here explaining a lot about both types of fasting.
2-3 days every 2-3 weeks I think is nothing or almost nothing.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

anchorout

Age 60, first erectile pain mid-2018. Noticed hourglass deformity late 2019 (hadn't actually been looking prior). Now moderate bend, hourglass turned into overall reduction of about 40% in girth and length, cannot have intercourse.