Is it normal NOT to have injections before the ultrasound to induce erections?

Previous topic - Next topic

Rags

Hello everyone,

I made another post in a different section of the forum earlier outlining my exact situation, so I won't repeat everything here, but if you want to know my background/injury/plaque situation feel free to check my other post.

Since making that post this morning I read more about the ultrasound procedure and learned that you are usually injected with some sort of erection-inducing agent prior to the procedure, so they can evaluate the bloodflow. This made me panic a bit as I'm not good with needles, and I also read stories on here about guys having this done where it actually made their peyronies WORSE -- not sure why? But that scared the hell out of me.

So I called the outpatient center I'm going to for the procedure tomorrow and the nurse there assured me their ultrasound procedure for penile scans does NOT involve any injections. She said some offices do it, but they do not.

My question for you all is: does this sound right? Can they still get reliable imaging without inducing an erection? I don't want to waste time and money and get poor quality imaging results. At the same time, if the quality of the procedure will be the same regardless, then I'd much rather *not* get the shot/injection lol. I hate needles and just thinking about it makes me want to pass out!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!