VED Protocol question (new VED user)

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthVEDer

I'm new to this forum, hello all :) I was diagnosed with Peyronie's by a Urologist back in November last year. I probably had it for around a year before then without realising what it was as I have a neurological condition which affects my muscles and tendons so unfortunately had assumed it must be something to do with that. Once I realised it probably was Peyronie's I guess I was then in denial and trying to ignore it for a while before seeing the Urologist who confirmed it.

I have a plaque right behind the glans and it feels quite hardish so I assume it could be calcified. I now have an upwards curvature of 50-60 degrees when fully erect but fortunately its not painful, although I am definitely avoiding sex with my wife as I'm sure that will kind of force it straighter which I wouldn't think would be good for it in its current state.

I tried traction therapy with the AndroPeyronie device for about 6 weeks and built up gradually to 3.5 hours per session, but although it was fine at first and I was very careful, I noticed that I suddenly started losing a lot of sensitivity in my glans which really freaked me out so I stopped using the device completely. I don't know whether it was something to do with having my foreskin back for 3.5 hours or just the traction not agreeing with me. Anyway the sensitivity has come back quite a bit although not back to where it was previously yet.

So I have now got a SomaCorrect with the 3 vacuum cylinders. The rep from the supplier over here in the UK kindly came round to my house to explain how to use it as I am pretty nervous about it after my experience with the traction device. However their protocol for using it is quite different from the 26 week VED Protocol posted by Angus in the VED Protocol section of this forum. Basically the rep said to pump until you feel the first sign of any type of discomfort and at that point you stop and hold for 15-20 seconds and then repeat for 10 cycles. He said it is fine to pump until a full erection so long as there is no discomfort. Obviously that is completely different to the 26 week Protocol in this forum where you only ever pump to a maximum of 50% erection in any set of 10 cycles. So I just wondered why it is different and if the manufacturers protocol is basically wrong? Obviously it seems very wise to start off gradually and slowly but I would think if you can get a full erection without any discomfort then it might maybe stretch it better? So I thought I better check before I start using the device!

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.
51 years old. Diagnosed Peyronie's in Nov 2022, probably had for a year before though.
Upward bend now of 50-60 degrees.

Sonic

Hello there and welcome to the forum. When it comes to vacuum pumping there are many different ''protocols''

In some studies they even pump till max erection and hold for a minute or sometimes even more.

The protocol created by Angus and Old man was designed to keep the risk of further injury to an absolute minimum. I have never used a pump myself, have thought about it many times though, but I have without a doubt done extensive research on the topic. I think the most important thing when it comes to vacuum erection devices is to pump with extreme caution and always think about never applying to much vacuum pressure or hold it for too long.

The bottom line is you should not ever experience any pain/discomfort, something is not right if that occurs, you have either applied too much vacuum by pumping too many times or you are holding it for too long. Do not be sparse with the lube, be generous with it, it is important for the penis to have a slippery surface within the pump and also very important to lube the sizing insert so that it creates a good seal when held against your pubical area.

Apply a few pumps and let the penis engorge with blood, once it has reached a firm erection hold it for no longer than 30 seconds would be my advice. It is suggested 10-15. Be cautious and pay attention to any pain/discomfort, if you experience such symptoms immediately hit the release valve and inspect what you are doing wrong.

The device takes practice, as with anything you will become better at using it with time.

Enjoy your sessions and best of luck!
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

DarthVEDer

Thanks very much Sonic :) , am going to start with the Protocol on this forum tomorrow and see how I get on. Do you happen to know how many cycles you should do with 20%, 30% & 50% erection seeing as there's only 10 cycles per each session - in the Protocol it says to do 5 mins at each % level, so maybe that means around 3 cycles at each % level? Many thanks!
51 years old. Diagnosed Peyronie's in Nov 2022, probably had for a year before though.
Upward bend now of 50-60 degrees.

samanil

Quote from: DarthVEDer on April 21, 2023, 04:19:06 PMDo you happen to know how many cycles you should do with 20%, 30% & 50% erection seeing as there's only 10 cycles per each session - in the Protocol it says to do 5 mins at each % level, so maybe that means around 3 cycles at each % level? Many thanks!

I'm also confused about this. Have you figured out the answer? Thanks!
34 yo, 15 degree kink, hourglass under glans, no known inury

supplements, traction, low carb + fasting

Sonic

Quote from: DarthVEDer on April 21, 2023, 04:19:06 PMThanks very much Sonic :) , am going to start with the Protocol on this forum tomorrow and see how I get on. Do you happen to know how many cycles you should do with 20%, 30% & 50%

I think those are just when you are new to the VED to get the penis adjusted to the pressure. When everything feels good you should always aim for 25-30 seconds per cycle in my opinion.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.