Is the plaque removed when getting an implant?

Previous topic - Next topic

ohnoohno

Wondering if the plaque is removed when you get an implant or how does that work?
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

JustAGuy2020

Depends on the surgery but my plaque was incised (not removed) during implant surgery.  
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far

ohnoohno

how does that work exactly? just cut the plaque and it breaks up abit to stretch maybe?

as my plaque is on the left side and right side a bit below my glans it seems to have cut off extra blood flow above that area, also causing a slight hourglass.

the shaft below can get rock solid but above it kind of halts which also gives it a shorter look cause its not fully extending, i think if i could make the top half hard also i would be pretty ok, although would need to take pills to get hard currently.

im thinking ahead but wondering how i'd be during an implant in this case
29 y/o diagnosed 13 Jun 22.

went from a slight 30dg bend at glans to whole thing being deformed/loss of length over a year.

trying to find a way out of this all

JustAGuy2020

I believe with incision they use a device to cauterize the plaque rather than cutting it, but I could be wrong.  Before my final surgery I had a significant plaque on the right side which I can no longer notice.  
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far

Hawk

As JustAGuy said, it depends on the surgeon, but plaque removal would require a graft because plaque is not "on the tunica"  it IS the tunica!  Grafting with an implant is very uncommon. Instead, a top surgeon will make relief incisions to allow stretching and healing in a stretched position.  The surgeon will also use hand remolding.  Once the plague is expanded with either or both of these techniques, it is not going to shorten because of the constant pressure exerted by a Titan implant.  Some tension is there even when deflated.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums