Kegels- are they bad?

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Myro25

Since I've watched neov's videos on YouTube I've been trying hard to not clench or level during erections. At first it was very hard to do but now I seem to be getting the hang of it. I noticed that I can go longer without the constant clenching and I'm not constantly on the edge of orgasm and having PE. I've always had a bad habit of constantly clenching and I think it played a role in my pelvic floor dysfunction and erection issues. However lately when I get morning wood I find myself involuntarily clenching/kegeling and I get mad at myself for doing it, but it's almost completely involuntary. I have to really relax and focus to stop. I'm wondering if these involuntary kegels are setting back my progress in fighting my pelvic floor dysfunction and pe problems? I reduced the amount of times I masturbate and have been having sex instead with my new gf. I feel like this has helped too although I'll admit I've used 5mg cialis most of the time for backup. But the last time we had sex I didn't take any pill and I was surprised to have just as successful intercourse. I attribute this improvement to reducing masturbation and possibly from avoiding kegeling/clenching. Any thoughts on kegels are welcome.
Early 20s - mild Erectile Dysfunction. Hard flaccid. No deformity. Use 5mg dial is from time to time.

Mikel7

Kegels can make your pelvic floor extremely tight and kept in that state. I also have battled cpps, (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).  Clenching can be bad for individuals that deal with this problem. You need to stop edging if you are doing so as it will make things worse. Relaxing the pelvic floor and incorporating some stretches daily will help loosen things up and keep you out of pain. There are videos on youtube as such.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Sonic

I think it was in 2016 or something I began clenching almost 24/7. Literally at work I would clench, behind the tv, when jacking off, when having sex, constantly kegeling whilst both erect and flaccid. It would make my dick rock hard and increase my erection angle and also made my orgasm shoot like a gun.

6 years have now passed and I quit this habit long time ago. I now have a very dysfunctional/tense pelvic floor for at least 3 years straight. I suspect it was the constant kegeling that contributed to this.

I would advise against doing this clenching.
28 years. Started to develop a rightwards curve in June 2020.
narrowing on right side and about a 20-25° curve to the right.
Weakened erections and instability due to narrowing.

Mikel7

I also did a lot of kegels for about 6 years straight and I wonder if this has also caused my tight pelvic floor. I also fell on a steel pipe between my legs in 2019 and messed up my tailbone big time. It has made recovery a long process.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Sonic

Quote from: Mikel7 on November 23, 2022, 01:08:58 PM
I also fell on a steel pipe between my legs in 2019

Ouch. You literally have balls of steel.  ;D

Read about tons of guys online who got dysfunctional pelvic floors due to constant kegel and clenching.
28 years. Started to develop a rightwards curve in June 2020.
narrowing on right side and about a 20-25° curve to the right.
Weakened erections and instability due to narrowing.

Mikel7

LOL .. I would wake up in such extreme pain in my rectum and tailbone that I could not breathe. I had to take flexerol and do some serious pelvic stretches to get out of pain, No fun at all!!
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Myro25

Quote from: Sonic on November 23, 2022, 01:05:38 PM
I think it was in 2016 or something I began clenching almost 24/7. Literally at work I would clench, behind the tv, when jacking off, when having sex, constantly kegeling whilst both erect and flaccid. It would make my dick rock hard and increase my erection angle and also made my orgasm shoot like a gun.

6 years have now passed and I quit this habit long time ago. I now have a very dysfunctional/tense pelvic floor for at least 3 years straight. I suspect it was the constant kegeling that contributed to this.

I would advise against doing this clenching.

Intersting it made your orgasm shoot out more. I experience the opposite. I used to shoot so far that one time it nearly hit the ceiling when getting a hand job from my girl. Now it just dribbles out unless I abstain for atleast 2 days, but nothing like the old days before hard flaccid and contestant clenching. Do you have hard flaccid now along with Peyronies Disease? I really wonder why I have hard flaccid. I wonder if it's either from death grip or the constant clenching/kegels..
Early 20s - mild Erectile Dysfunction. Hard flaccid. No deformity. Use 5mg dial is from time to time.

Myro25

Quote from: Mikel7 on November 23, 2022, 12:58:06 PM
Kegels can make your pelvic floor extremely tight and kept in that state. I also have battled cpps, (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).  Clenching can be bad for individuals that deal with this problem. You need to stop edging if you are doing so as it will make things worse. Relaxing the pelvic floor and incorporating some stretches daily will help loosen things up and keep you out of pain. There are videos on youtube as such.

Thank you for this advice mikel. Before I started taking a break from masturbation I was trying to go as long as possible. I'd masturbate for nearly an hour backing away from orgasm each time. My hard flaccid dick would look terrible after this, it'd look all tense and lumpy and shriveled up. Also I'm sorry about the steel pipe accident. That sounds painful af but glad you recovered (assuming that you're good now)
Early 20s - mild Erectile Dysfunction. Hard flaccid. No deformity. Use 5mg dial is from time to time.

Sonic

Quote from: Myro25 on December 11, 2022, 03:59:57 PM
Intersting it made your orgasm shoot out more. I experience the opposite. I used to shoot so far that one time it nearly hit the ceiling when getting a hand job from my girl. Now it just dribbles out unless I abstain for atleast 2 days, but nothing like the old days before hard flaccid and contestant clenching. Do you have hard flaccid now along with Peyronies Disease? I really wonder why I have hard flaccid. I wonder if it's either from death grip or the constant clenching/kegels..

There is 100% something messed up inside my pelvic floor. I experience a lot of turtling throughout the day. I used to have a plump soft flaccid hang pretty much all day but now since 2019 it turtles a lot. When walking or going to the gym it's the worst. 95% of the time by nighttime the turtling is gone and it reverts to a nice flaccid hang. I do not know wtf this problem even is but surely it's pelvic floor/prostate related.

Sometimes I feel strong spasms from the perianum/anal area that lasts maybe 1-2 seconds. They are extremely uncomfortable. My entire body jolts when that happens. My whole region down there is very tense and irritated and I know a big factor for me is stress and anxiety. I have had a prostate US and bacterial prostatitis was ruled out. The doctor said it's a high probability I have CPPS and stress/anxiety is a big trigger for that.

28 years. Started to develop a rightwards curve in June 2020.
narrowing on right side and about a 20-25° curve to the right.
Weakened erections and instability due to narrowing.

Mikel7

A book that I highly reccomend for someone dealing with a tight pelvic floor is this -->https://www.amazon.com/Headache-Pelvis-New-Expanded-Understanding/dp/0972775552 . I have a copy and can tell you that it has literally saved my life! I had to get my prostate checked out first and to see if I had any uti's were causing my issues, but I can tell you that it is a very real problem that most men and women don't even realize exists. I have things under control now, but have to remember that my pelvic floor is subject to getting all tensed up again. I just have my stretches ready to cobat any flare ups.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.