New Member Here...

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninetyeight

Hello everyone. I am recently diagnosed Peyronies Disease as of 8/31.

I am 23 y/o and have a dent/curve maybe 15-20 degrees on the right side where the plaque is, very close to the head (glans) of my penis. The plaque actually is most dense under my circumcision, and thins out but runs all the way to underneath my glans where I can feel it when I pinch my glans. Oddly enough, this curvature does not cause the pain. The pain is on the distal (top) of my shaft, near the glans, where a smaller plaque is.

What happened was: Had a specific injury in the middle of May this year (feel like an absolute idiot the way it happened, but it did. I was peeing and decided it was a good idea to pinch out the pee and kind of force it out my urethra as those last few drops were not out. this is something I had done all the time but happened to hurt it this time as I felt something pop). So I know that was a stupid way for it to happen and looking back I cant believe it was something I was doing. After the injury I examined it and everything seemed fine while flaccid so I moved on. Wake up the next morning with an erection and it was painful on the distal part right where I hurt it, with a slight upward curve starting near the end of my shaft maybe 5 degrees and a soft dent on the distal part. I was worried and the pain continued for a month. I saw a doctor and he told me I was fine and that it would go away. But the pain persisted and it started to curve so I went back to him and there was a small plaque which appeared on the right side (not even where my injury was) causing a curve with erections. This doctor still said it was not peyronies (clearly did not know what peyronies really was)... I asked him to refer me to a urologist and I saw one on July 12. He and another urologist present both said it was not peyronies EVEN AFTER SHOWING THEM PICS OF MY BENT ERECT PENIS.

I finally saw a guy who specializes in this on 8/31 and he diagnosed me, prescribed me Pentox and said I could buy Restorex if I wanted it, but he was not sure how well it would work with my plaque being so close to the head of the penis. Does anyone have any advice or experience with that? I am able to get a good stretch with my hands and using a sock as the fulcrum to bend it over, but Restorex is tempting because of the ability to leave it on. But, I would be worried my penis would slip out because it resists stretching quite a bit, too. The curve on the right has not grown or gotten worse that I can tell, but the upward curve seems to be getting worse, it is at about 15 degree upward curve now. I generally have no pain when flaccid unless it bends up, and when it is hanging full you can barely tell. But when my penis is more shriveled (not sure if this is hard flaccid syndrome or what, it does feel rigid at times but usually is  hanging in between full and somewhat shriveled/rigid).

I have started manual traction by hand (30 min-2 hours/day) and heat maybe 30 min. a day based off of Neo's high recommendation of it. Pentox and that so far. I am attempting to change my diet to keto or low carb but that will be difficult because it is expensive and I have been trying to hit the gym and gain muscle and be in good shape. Any advice here would be great as well

As far as psychological effects, it has been very difficult and depressing. I am constantly thinking about it and worried it is worsening. I am currently engaged as of 2 weeks ago to my very understanding fiance. We are not sexually active because we are waiting until marriage because of our Christian beliefs. I do not masturbate either. Wet dreams occur once in a while and hurt a little to ejaculate because of the clenching. It hurts a little because of the clenching it causes my penis, but overall is not terrible. My fiance couldn't be more supportive and understanding so I am extremely thankful for her as that helps tremendously with my psychological condition.

It has been three and a half months and been doing manual traction and Pentox now for 5 days, hoping to see some results after a few weeks. If my penis were to stay this way for the rest of my life I'd be fine as long as the pain went away. Really hoping Pentox, traction and diet, if I manage to do it, will be able to at the very least stop it from getting worse. I have a little under a year until my wedding day and would like to have sex, lol.

Thank you for reading and I am so glad for all of you, this community is very supportive. I feel a little lucky that my case is not terrible, but terrified of it getting worse and ending up with Erectile Dysfunction or something bad one day. This disease is no fun but at least I have you guys, I look forward to participating and learning more from many of you.

ninetyeight
23, self inflicted injury in May 2022
25-30 degree curve up with narrowing near the glans Currently on Pentox
Started Restorex on 10/27/22
Progressively gotten/getting worse

Pfract

Ninetyeight:

Welcome aboard!
The injury you had will will eventually heal itself, which by now it should have. It may not necessarily lead to peyronies, even though it is curved and you have pain. Sometimes manipulating your erect penis in forceful ways or in certain manners like you described can injure you, but once they heal and you notice the changes like the ones you have they may not progress further. It was like that with my fracture.

Restorex is a good idea and there are topics about that on Dr. Trost's section that you may want to run a few searches and look at. Pentox is not proven to be effective, but it doesn't generally do harm. See here: https://malefertilityandpeyroniesclinic.com/peyronies/treatments/

Please, also book a phone consultation with Dr. Trost's clinic as he is a leading expert and you may decide to head there for an in person consultation.

Personally, i was a never a fan of manual traction and after having the restorex traction device myself i don't see how one can apply the same traction in a consistent manner by hand.

Please update your forum signature to describe your condition and stick with us. Stay strong!

Ninetyeight

What do you mean that it may not lead to peyronies? Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the disease, but a urologist diagnosed me with peyronies and I have plaques on my penis causing curvature and pain with erections. It seems my curve upward is possibly getting worse. Is that not a definite case of peyronies?

Pfract

What do you mean that it may not lead to peyronies? Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the disease, but a urologist diagnosed me with peyronies and I have plaques on my penis causing curvature and pain with erections. It seems my curve upward is possibly getting worse. Is that not a definite case of peyronies?

Ninetyeight:
If you have a diagnosis that's different. Always refer to what the doctor tells you, first and foremost but don't be afraid to get a second opinion and read as much as you can.

What i meant to say is that whilst you can and most likely will get curvature after an injury, sometimes it doesn't progress into Peyronies. As in it doesn't keep progressing and deforming more and more your penis.

But if your situation keeps deteriorating, then you need to take action quickly and keep monitoring your condition in a proactive manner.

Have you read the survival guide? Also... the link i sent you?

Ninetyeight

Yes to both. I will still take the Pentax as it is not causing any bad side effects right now and I'll hope it can at least hinder it getting worse. Might start coq10 and some antioxidants like propolis and blueberries. Hopefully like you said it just won't get worse, though the pain is pretty bad with erections I pray that goes away soon.

Thank you for your help. Maybe you can answer this or maybe I need to ask it somewhere else. It's been a week of manual traction and it may be stretching better in the flaccid state now, but I feel like it is because the skin on my penis is stretching and becoming more loose. Is this a normal occurrence? Sign that traction is working? It would seem to make sense to me, I just haven't read anyone mention it so I am just wondering if that is a good sign that traction is working.