Hello, 27 from London with Peyronies?

Previous topic - Next topic

Spongebob1995

Hi all,

Feeling incredibly depressed, Three months ago I noticed a raised ridge on the right side of my penis and an indentation. I have seen two urologists that have both said that they don't think I have peyronies, however I am still concerned about noticeable thinning and changes in my penis that have happened. I am also worried about erectile dysfunction as that has been noticeable as well, but of course the anxiety doesn't help that either. see attached photo. I have not yet had a scan.

All the best,
Bob
Deformity: scar. indentation and thinning on the right side of the shaft.

Jimmy123

Hello, I am sorry to hear that are feeling anxious.
I am not an expert but you have been examined by two people that probably are, and they have apparently tried to reassure you.

I think this thread involving a leading expert is well worth a look in the current context:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,16690.0.html

I also recall another thread where Dr. Trost made a very relevant comment about whether Peyronies Disease plaques can be seen by eye. Here it is:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,17388.0.html

No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.

Spongebob1995

Thanks very much Jimmy,

That second case you shared is very similar to my experience and very useful to know the Dr's thoughts on this.

Jimmy123

You are welcome. I wish you all the best.
No deformity or ED. Discomfort (which is improving gradually). Months of stress preceded symptoms. Discomfort can be palpated on practically the whole penis but it comes and goes. I can't find plaque. Latest urologist doubts that it is Peyronies Disease.

Hawk

Jimmy gave you two excellent resources related to your symptoms. First, when I click on the photo in your signature line, I get an image of your penis measuring 29" on my flat screen; assuming you have an average 5 -6" penis, it is magnified by 500%.  After great effort, I see nothing where the arrow is pointed.  If a guy looking at penis photos for almost two decades cannot see anything on a 500% magnification of your penis and two separate urologists determine you do not have Peyronies Disease after an exam and Dr. Trost says he has never seen visible plaque, and you acknowledge that you have suffered from anxiety before penis problems; it starts to add up to a possible, if not likely, pattern.

We have to add that you had no serious injury and you are 26 years old, two other indicators that it is improbable you would have Peyronies Disease.

My question is, how does a 26 year old come to know Peyronies Disease even exists?  I had never heard of it before 53 years old, and I am pretty informed.

You clearly don't have Erectile Dysfunction.  I think it is time to forget about penis issues and focus on the good things in life and areas that you can improve with some sustained effort.
If any of those require professional help, then find that help.
Take objective measurements of bone press stretched flaccid length and three measures of erect girth on the shaft.
Do not photograph or measure your penis more than once every three months (1 month at an absolute minimum)
If you cannot do this, you have your answer.  You have some obsessive-compulsive disorder that requires professional intervention.

Good luck

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Spongebob1995

Thanks very much Hawk, respect your expertise in this area and will take your advice, Wish I posted on the forum sooner.  

LWillisjr

I agree with Hawk. I don't notice anything presenting like peyronies.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History