Unsure about Peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy122

Hello all,

I have been seeing this website for about 3 days and I would really like to thank the creators and supporters, all the topics and discussions and comments are really helpful and concise and detailed whenever and whatever you need them to be. Kudos.

Now the reason I am posting this is to ask about my condition. I am somewhat confused between peyronies and congenital curvature, and I'm unsure about which one I have. I'm 25, I started observing the curvature since, idk a year ago, maybe 2 years ago? I'm not sure because the curvature wasn't much back then and I didn't give it much thought. Now though, I have a major curvature (more than 30 degrees) which is really starting to make me self conscious and worried. However, as per the little research I've done, the symptoms of peyronies include build up scar tissue or plaques in the penis and painful erections and intercourse. I seem to not have these symptoms. My erections are not painful, and I don't notice any lumps or plaques. I haven't had intercourse yet, so I don't know if that is painful for me or not. I also read at one website that in peyronies, the curvature is also very noticeable when flaccid. That is not the case with me as well, since when flaccid, I don't have curvature as compared to the one I have when erect; it's almost completely straight when flaccid. I think I may not have peyronies and instead have congenital curvature, because I don't recall any injuries or blunt trauma to my penis. But I'm still unsure about the two, I know the people here on this forum are some of the nicest I can find on the whole internet and I would really appreciate you taking the time to read this and then offer me your opinion. I know this forum is for peyronies, and most of the suggestions for me would be for me to visit a urologist, but I'd love to hear what you all have to say too.

If it is congenital curvature, I read that the only treatments for this is surgery. Are there any alternate treatment methods?

The second thing I wanted to ask was that, I noticed on some of the posts here that pentox has been somewhat effective in treating peyronies, and some of you have noticed reduced curvature after using pentox. So can I or someone who doesn't have peyronies and instead has congenital curvature also take pentox? Will it also help me in somewhat reducing my curvature?

Thank you!
Age: 25, date Peyronies Disease started: a year or two ago, symptoms: only curvature, degree of bend: more than 30 degrees, treatments tried: none, relationship status: single

Hawk

Welcome to the forum Newguy.  I hope you find the answers and support you are looking for.

No medication would play any role with congenital curvature since it is just the natural shape one was born with.
The definition of congenital will answer your question.  At least in part.

Congenital -  relating to a condition that is present and exists at birth as a result of either heredity or environmental influences.  Anything that has developed or progressed within your memory cannot be congenital.  The congenital curvature is NOT progressive. That completely eliminates one of your choices.  However, that does not completely establish that it is Peyronies Disease.  a condition commonly referred to as "Hard Flaccid" is a pelvic floor condition that can mimic some of the symptoms of Peyronies Disease.

Keep in mind that:
1. Peyronies Disease does not have to manifest as palpable plaque.
2. Pain varies widely with Peyronies Disease.  Some have it, some don't, some only when erect, some only when flaccid. So it is a poor indicator.
3. Peyronies Disease causes a curve because it keeps one side short during erection.  If the long side of your penis is very elastic and contracts in the flaccid state, both sides would become the same length in the flaccid state, and you would have no curve when flaccid.  That is not uncommon.

Your prior sources may have been inaccurate, or you misunderstood them.

No medication would play any role with congenital curvature since it is just the natural shape one was born with.

Hawk

Founder/Administrator
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums