Reinjury? Please help!

Previous topic - Next topic

algie

Okay, so I posted this in another thread but I'm desperate and could really use some advice.

I started using the PMP six days ago. My urologist told me it's safe and that I had to use it for 6-9 hours. I don't remember her telling me anything about starting slowly, but I started with 1.5-3 hours a day during the first three days. Except for some glans discoloration, I tolerated it well. There was some minor discomfort, but I assumed that to be part of the stretching process. I'm not very good yet at regulating the tension, but I've mostly been between 460 and 920 g.

Since my only complaints were glans-related, I used it for 6 hours yesterday. However, something didn't feel right when I removed the device. Now, a day later, my penis feels tender and it hurts when I touch it (feels as if it's bruised). Hard flaccid symptoms have worsened as well. I'm very worried that I might have reinjured myself and want to do everything I can to prevent this from worsening my condition. I can't forgive myself for exacerbating my problem by being reckless in trying to fix it...

So, my first question is: what can I do right now? Should I take a hot bath? NSAIDS? Something else?

My second question is: how did you start using your traction device? How much time and tension should I be using and how quickly should I be moving towards 6-9 hours?

I would greatly appreciate any and all advice you can give me!

Algie
24 y/o
Onset early July 2021
Curvature approx. 30-40° left / 30° up

Treatment:
CoQ10 (360mg)
ALCAR (2000mg)
L-Citrulline (1500mg)
Turmeric (600mg) + Bromelain (300 mg/720GDU)

Hopefully starting soon: PDE5i, Pentox, PMP, SomaCorrect

markdubby

hey algie!

first of all don't panic!

it's quite normal for the penis to feel tender to the touch after heavy PMP sessions, especially if you are not used to it. take a few days off until it settles and try to keep calm. take some NSAIDS for the pain and to reduce inflammation

regarding tension, that is quite high to begin with! i would start at a lower amount (so there is close to zero when you put the device on) and work your way up slowly. try keep it around the 500g mark rather than going all the way to almost a kg!

remember more tension doesnt necessarily mean a better outcome, all you want is enough to stretch your plaques out.
30, ~20-30 degrees right bend beginning of 02/2021. Small plaque under gland on right side of the shaft
04/21 Plaque right side under glans
07/21 plaque by base
10 deg curvature at base + narrowing
1.8 g Citrulline 2-3 g ALCAR, 6-8h daily with PM

algie

Thank you, markdubby

I ran to the pharmacy for NSAIDs and will take a couple of days off before I carefully restart traction... I guess I'll need to take it easy with regard to tension and duration then. Did you start with lower duration as well?

I know I shouldn't panic but feel so stupid for not being more careful and I'm absolutely terrified of worsening my condition... It feels exactly like how it felt when my Peyronies Disease first started back in July and it's messing me up. I'm hoping it'll heal properly after some rest, but I'm afraid it won't.

In any case, I learnt my lesson and really appreciate your swift reply.

Thanks again,
Algie

24 y/o
Onset early July 2021

Treatment:
CoQ10 (360mg)
ALCAR (2000mg)
L-Citrulline (1500mg)

markdubby

hey algie

i've been using the PMP since february, but when i take breaks i retart with 1 hour a day and add an hour each day until i build up to 6. i also use very low tension at the beginning. i find that when i want to push it, around 500 g works well.
30, ~20-30 degrees right bend beginning of 02/2021. Small plaque under gland on right side of the shaft
04/21 Plaque right side under glans
07/21 plaque by base
10 deg curvature at base + narrowing
1.8 g Citrulline 2-3 g ALCAR, 6-8h daily with PM

algie

Thanks, markdubby

Lower tension for longer periods of time seems like a sensible approach... I'll give it a couple of days to heal and restart in the way you described.

Algie
24 y/o
Onset early July 2021

Treatment:
CoQ10 (360mg)
ALCAR (2000mg)
L-Citrulline (1500mg)

algie

Going to restart with 1 hour and low tension today... Wish me luck!

Algie
24 y/o
Onset early July 2021

Treatment:
CoQ10 (360mg)
ALCAR (2000mg)
L-Citrulline (1500mg)