Seeing Dr Levine Next Week and Getting Anxious

Previous topic - Next topic

Drano

Based on a lot of research and some helpful insight from the folks on this forum, I have an appointment with Dr. Levine next week for a second opinion and duplex ultrasound. My symptoms are the same as when I saw the first urologist a few weeks ago. I got myself all worked up for the first uro appointment and now it is happening again. I'm petrified Dr. Levine is going to tell me it's worse than first thought. Any coping mechanisms anyone can share to manage anxiety leading up to these appointments?
Age 46, married, symptoms began October 2020, progressive pain since (both flaccid and erect). Diagnosed by Dr. Levine in March 2021 with thrombosed circumflex vein, no Peyronies Disease. Meloxicam 3 wks and still recovering.

Hawk

Yes, I am glad you asked.  When you click on this Psychological Aspects board, the first thing you will see at the top are resources.  The fact that you are petrified suggests that you are hostage to the whims of your mind rather than skilled at managing your mind.  It is just as important for you to treat that as the Peyronies Disease.  Your mind is the one thing you are totally responsible for managing.  A doctor cannot do that for you, and it is a bigger detriment than Peyronies.

You might start here: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,13846.0.html
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums