Does an implant always stabilize the progression of peyronies?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fubar94

I am a 26 year old male and been having progressively worsening symptoms of peyronies disease since the age of about 18. It all developed cause of my own stupid fault. I did jelqing, clamping, pumping, etc. As a teen. I quit once pain set in, but it never left and years after I still get worsening on and off. The symptoms I have is gradual change in size, shape and sensation, some discoloration happened too and sharp pains. I have had days where my penis was painfull all day. Lately the pain is minimal and worsening is slow, but it's defenitely still progressing. My urologist in Holland says he can't and won't do anything and says an implant could make it worse, but I am sure if I continue letting it progress I end up not functional (I barely am now cause there is like a ring of scar tissue roubd the glans changing the sensation) and I think a good doctor like dr. Eid could probably still save me. What do y'all think?
Age 26
Did jelqing, pumping & clamping from abt age 15 until 17. Never had any real issues, until it was too late.
I got a change of shape, sensation, and a loss of volume.
it continues progressing

Fubar94

I would really like to know more cause I might be able to get a loan and fly to dr Eid but I wanna know if it's worth it first.
Age 26
Did jelqing, pumping & clamping from abt age 15 until 17. Never had any real issues, until it was too late.
I got a change of shape, sensation, and a loss of volume.
it continues progressing

Hawk

I have followed many of your posts, but since you have no signature line under your post, it makes it difficult to be sure I know the essential facts.  I don't want to type 40 questions, so I assume that you can maintain erections sufficient for intercourse and that you are straight enough for intercourse.  If this is so, then no insurance will pay for an implant, and in fact, I doubt any doctor would perform one on what is essentially a fully functional penis.

You could set up a video conference with Dr. Eid.  Considering COVID restrictions, your insurance might even pay for it.  I would ask prior if he will at least do a visual video exam of your erect penis if that is possible.  If insurance will not pay, the video exam is about $300 for 30 minutes.  

Be sure to have a list of questions ready, so you make the best use of your time.  

I personally would not get an implant at 26 with a fully functional penis just because I feared it might progress to  ED, Deformity, or loss of size.  If that happens, an implant will largely deal with that then. If it is 6 years from now, that might actually save you one revision.  However, I would spend the money on a video conference, and ask him who he would recommend if he is no longer around if surgery is later required.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

headturner

I am asking the same question. My doctor told me that an implant is not a tool to avoid loosing size and also that an implant can not clearly avoid shrinkage. Any experience?
Peyronies since summer 2021
maybe due to reactive arthritis
taking pills and use traction devices
60 degrees left
big scars
no ED so far
considering implant to stop loosing more size
50 years old