First Day with SOMAerect Stf VED

Previous topic - Next topic

PDGuy198

Got my VED today. I've done a ton of reading here, read the protocols, read the highlights of the forum, and so on, so please don't castrate me (get it) if I seem uninformed or ask questions that are answered elsewhere. I really wanted to share my experience first hand and in my own words see how it compares to others.

I have what two urologists have said is a 30 degree dorsal (upward curve). My own measurement says 50 degrees. Fully erect the tip almost points straight north. So obviously the small cylinder is going to be be very confined very quickly.

In the small A cylinder, I'm only able to pump about 7 times before I feel a burning sensation on my shaft. 8 or 9 pumps and I just have to stop. I'm nowhere near erect at this number of pumps. I guess this is normal? I've decided to take this slowly. I downloaded the spreadsheet from the protocol thread and this will help me I think to see and track progress.

I guess my main question is, should you pump until you feel slightly uncomfortable? Or stop right before any discomfort at all? Seems like if you're trying to stretch and break up the plaque, a slight discomfort would be ideal? Then hold for a bit (up to 60 sec) then release?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Are you following the 3 cylinder protocol?  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,696.0.html
It says for larger dicks you may need to substitute the medium cylinder when small one is called for.  Also, hold erection for 5-10 seconds and no more than 45.  I'd say pump to more than slight discomfort...then even back off pressure slightly.  Never pump to full erection.  VED is great until one overdoes it...and it's hard not to overdue it when we see our dicks looking good and erect w no bends.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

PDGuy198

Thanks for the response. You're right. Hard not to want to overdo it when it looks straight and feels like one unit for once.

I am following the 3 cylinder protocol though. Or I will be I should say. Downloaded the spreadsheet protocol even so I can track and make notes on progress.

I found this response and the word strain was used. I think that's a good word to describe what I'm feeling if I pump "too much" - feels like I'm straining my penis and some burning ensues. Decided for now I will go right up to the point where I start to feel some strain or slight burning, stop pumping, hold for a few second, then release. Rinse and repeat. Then hopefully as the days/weeks go by I find I can pump more without straining.

My penis also fits in the A cylinder okay. It's tight, but not too tight if that makes sense. Based on everything I'm reading and accounts, A cylinder is a good start for me.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,13840.msg124781.html#msg124781

TonySa

Great.  Also, you're not pumping to 100% erect, correct?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

RandyPE

Congrats, PDGuy!  I hope you get some good use out of it.  The pump I use only has one cylinder, so I'm not sure how the different 3 work, but there was still a pretty steep learning curve with mine, learning how to not get my sack sucked in, pressure, etc.  Be sure to reach out as you need help, and let us know how it's working for you!

Randy
Peyronie's since 2017
Have tried: X4Labs Extender; Phallosan; Jelqing; Manual Massage & Stretches; VED Pump; DMSO + Iodine, Vit E; Ultrasound.
Curve gone from 90 degrees to 20.
Still have hour glassing, which I HATE
Open to new suggestions & ideas.

PDGuy198

Alright, so second day with this thing. I've read over and over again don't overpump/only pump to such and such percentage/be careful and so on. Today I got up to 6 pumps, held for 10 seconds, then when I didn't feel too strained, tried to go for a 7th pump, but realized I couldn't actually add any more pressure. Is this dangerous? Honestly, it feels strained, but in a good way and I feel like I can even feel the plaque fighting against being constrained in the smallest A cylinder. I tell myself that if I start wincing to release pressure and build back up. I'm doing 15 minute sessions, pump as much as it'll go, hold for 10, release, repeat. Just don't want to hurt my little guy and I know this is a marathon not a sprint.  

TonySa

When u pump to max does your erection look to be 100% of its normal size?

PDGuy198

Yeah I'd say so. Really hard to tell when looking at something straight in a tube versus curved though. Guess it's time to take more measurements.  

Monty

Hi sounds like your doing well, again not to much and slowly build up to your max size, could take a couple of weeks, try in the 'B' tube feel the different effects. good luck and ask if you have any questions.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

PDGuy198

Thanks. And yeah I tried the B or C tube to see and it's definitely less strain which is weird cause you'd think the protocol would start with the easiest or less strained tube, but I get it. I also see how one could be tempted to use it more and for longer.  

Monty

yea, you need great control, cos when you get it right you feeling good and want more, love the feeling you get after a good 15 minute session.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

PDGuy198

Thanks, Monty.

Alright, so I've had this thing for about a week. Couple questions regarding my own experience and what I've read on different threads here...

Is overpumping defined as continuing to pump after you've reached your max size inside the tube? I'm definitely doing that if that's the case. I've realized no matter how many times I pump I'm not gonna get over a certain length. I can see maybe pumping once or twice after max length to get a good stretch and blood flow, but other than that, I'm not sure it's beneficial? Probably the opposite?

Also, regarding the protocol on the site... I'm legit curious as to who wrote it and why they are an authority? Asking honestly here because I'm confused. The protocol says not to pump anymore than 50% max size, but logically that doesn't even make sense to me. If the idea is to remodel and stretch the plaque, you want to at least reach your max size. It seems the first hand accounts of people who have had success also say the same - to pump to max or close to max size, hold for a bit, then release. At a minimum, maybe pump to the point where your little guy would start to curve. Not sure that applies to everyone, but I'm pretty straight until around 50% erection. With that logic, you'd want to pump slightly above 50% at least.

Monty

For me your max is the length you can stretch your penis without any pain or problems.

PDGuy198

Yeah, that makes sense. I've been at this a week and am obviously able to go to 100% length without issues, so I don't see the negatives there. This is a good study I saw linked elsewhere that says pump til erect and hold for 3 minutes: https://bjui-journals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09365.x

I guess there is no "best" protocol to follow, but there are obviously good and bad ways to go about this. For me personally, following the main protocol on this site and only pumping to 50% max doesn't seem like it'd do much. Maybe if I had a higher degree of curvature or something that would be a good rule of thumb.  

Monty

Hi, yes i think most protocols are a good guide not a rule you have to follow, you find over the weeks you may feel you need to change what you are doing, do it, try new pumping methods  find one that suits you best at the moment in time, i do'n like any that ask you to stay under vacuum for longer than 10 seconds, but that's' me.