Dupuytren's and Peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

Markyj

I have read that there is an association between the two of these conditions.  Does getting make it really likely you will get the other or is it only a casual correlation at this point?  It seems like there is conflicting information about the link between the two so maybe no one knows enough about it yet but thought maybe someone here would know.  In other words, if you have one do you have to be really careful about not getting the other?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

It's something like a 20% correlation...but not a guarantee just more likely.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

johnd1201

I have had Dupuytrens for several years. Developed Peyronies Disease last year. Both urologists I've seen mentioned the correlation. I really did not have any other triggering event.  
68 years old, diagnosed 8/19, 70 degrees left curve at the base, started Restorex, discontinued after 11 months, 10 degree improvement

Yardbird

I have Dupuytrens in both hands(mild left moderate right), which is related to Lederhosens disease (plantar fibromatosis) in both feet (moderate left severe right), and Peyronies (severe). They all presented within about a year of each other starting about 3 years ago. About six months ago I developed adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) right side. I read somewhere that it may be related to the other three as well. Trying not to be a whiner, just putting out info. I understand my case is just one case and one case doesn't make a scientific study. However, here is a link that calls it the Dupuytren spectrum.The article states, "Because of their close demographic correlation, these four diseases are likely local manifestations of an underlying systemic disorder which has yet to be identified."

https://dupuytrens.org/dupuytren-literature-dupuytren-spectrum-diseases/
Age 63
T1 diabetic. circumferential scarring, very narrowed erection & 1.5" length loss, and 80° bend to left. Also have L&R Dupuytren's, L&R Lederhosen's and R adhesive capsulitis. Had 25° congenital left curve before Peyronies, but functioned fine.

johnd1201

Quote from: Yardbird on August 22, 2020, 11:28:16 AM
I have Dupuytrens in both hands(mild left moderate right), which is related to Lederhosens disease (plantar fibromatosis) in both feet (moderate left severe right), and Peyronies (severe). They all presented within about a year of each other starting about 3 years ago. About six months ago I developed adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) right side. I read somewhere that it may be related to the other three as well. Trying not to be a whiner, just putting out info. I understand my case is just one case and one case doesn't make a scientific study. However, here is a link that calls it the Dupuytren spectrum.The article states, "Because of their close demographic correlation, these four diseases are likely local manifestations of an underlying systemic disorder which has yet to be Iidentified."

https://dupuytrens.org/dupuytren-literature-dupuytren-spectrum-diseases/
[/quote

I was never aware of adhesive capsulitis being another link. I also had surgery for that, so I have 3 of the 4.  
68 years old, diagnosed 8/19, 70 degrees left curve at the base, started Restorex, discontinued after 11 months, 10 degree improvement

Yardbird

My wife reminded me today that this my second go-around of adhesive capsulitis. I had it in my left shoulder about 2 years before all this other fibrotic crap started. It resolved on its own in abt 12 months if i recall. I had a stroke in there about that time that helped me forget.
Age 63
T1 diabetic. circumferential scarring, very narrowed erection & 1.5" length loss, and 80° bend to left. Also have L&R Dupuytren's, L&R Lederhosen's and R adhesive capsulitis. Had 25° congenital left curve before Peyronies, but functioned fine.