Vitamin E - daily requirements

Previous topic - Next topic

swaggyp12

Hello everyone,

One of the urologists I have visited thus far gave me a prescription for Vitamin E 268 mg (all-rac-alpha tocopherolacetat) and told me to take one pill per day. Is it possible for me to eat other foods that are rich in Vitamin E, like almonds, olive oil, dark chocolate, blue berries in addition to the pill or is this overdoing it?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Unlikely to be be a problem:

For vitamin E, the Upper Limit (UL) — or the amount that most people can consume daily through food and supplements without complications — is 1,000 mg (1).
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

projectpd

That's the worst type of vit E, only 1 of the 8 racemic isomers is natural.. It might do more harm than good. Also check out Dr. Barry Tan's research. He has a book and webinar on vit E, basically recommends to use tocotrienols and even only from Annatto to minimise tocopherol, even the natural form. Other highest natural food sources of tocotrienols are wheatgerm oil, rice bran oil, red palm oil.
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

swaggyp12

Thank you for your answers.

@projectpd yea I guess I intuitively sensed that the pills might do more harm than good and stopped taking them yesterday. Now I simply eat the foods that are rich in Vitamin E.. okay are you saying that it is best to use tocotienols only from Annatto and other sources like wheatgerm oil, etc. are only suboptimal? Also, do you know why some on this forum claim that tomatoes and oranges are to avoid when having Peyronies Disease? I thought Vitamin E and C are always good when they come from natural sources..

projectpd

Hi Swaggy,
I can't be sure, but I watched the webinar and it was compelling overall.  It's Barrie (not Barry) Tan, apologies,  if you want to look it up. I believe he's started a company to produce/sell this, so of course he must have an interest to promote it, but he seems to be a bona fide expert on vit E with 35 years of research on it.  The other sources contain over 10% tocopherol which he claims there is evidence that that level reduces the benefit of tocotrienols.

I'm pretty convinced that synthetic tocopherol supplements are not good, so it wouldn't be surprising if those types of tocopherols can reduce tocotrienol effectiveness, but I believe he thinks that even natural tocopherol over 10% (vs tocotrienol) is suboptimal. I've looked into studies on vit E for other conditions ie. mastalgia and it's noticeable the studies that have negative findings tend to be using synthetic vit E.  It seems intuitive & logical to me as the synthetic isomers might take the place of natural vit E ones, but without having the biological function.  In the same way, quite apart from the isomer mix, there are alpha, beta, gamma, delta forms in nature, but your supplement is only the alpha form. I've read this imbalance can counteract the effects of the others e.g. gamma form etc.

I'm not sure if any of this helps with Peyronie's mind you.  

btw as you may have read there are many small molecules such as vit E that can probably penetrate the skin barrier especially by using DMSO, perhaps as far as the tunica.  It's also possible to easily make liposomal formulations of e.g. vit C at home using a sonic bath or sonic cleaner (there are many youtubes on this) , this can increase penetration/permeability. I'm still reading about this, it's generally a great thing, as causes increased permeation and retention in the dermis, but perhaps not what we want for peyronies..

Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

swaggyp12

@projectpd Hey I was looking for the type of vitamin e pills you advised me to start taking and the only thing I found was this -

https://www.supersmart.com/de--allgemeine-starkung-organismus--annatto-tocotrienols-50-mg--0509#:~:text=Annatto%20Tocotrienols%2050%20mg%20%7C%2060%20Kapseln%20Kaufen%20%7C%20Konzentriert%20an%20Vitamin%20E&text=Konzentriert%20an%20Vitamin%20E.,Anerkannte%20antioxidative%20und%20diuretische%20Effekte.

The website is in German but If you look at the pictures you can review the supplements. Are these okay for me to buy?

melting

NOT necessarily the exact product to use, quiet expensive(I don't know, research yourself)

But all E's theoretically in it.

https://www.amazon.de/Kala-Health-Vitamin-Bioenhanced-Nahrungserg%C3%A4nzungsmittel/dp/B074KCSHQL/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=4+vitamine+alpha+beta&

Try other urologists if your Uro sucks(most uros in germany do and as seen here prescribe "weak sauce" - socialized medicine - dont do that america)
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

projectpd

@Swaggy,  that looks fine as far as I can tell but my deal was Swanson Ultra Tocotrienols only £12.31 / 60 if buying 10.  might be some reason for being cheaper, though, I suppose!.

swaggyp12

@project Yo do you have an idea why the website describes the pills as containing 50mg of Tocotrienols, but on the picture of the actual container of the pills right beside it, it says that they contain 200mg?  

projectpd

Hi Swaggy, so the Annatto extract is 200mg, 50mg is its tocotrienol content.  I got my Swanson order , they are also 50mg. 'DeltaGold' from annatto. min 81% delta, 8% gamma.

Holistic

From what I researched, the best form of vit e is Alpha tocophoral derived from the plant. If you have anythign that says dl-tocopheral acetate...that is synthetic.

Not sure how much Vit E actually helps even in tandem with other supps, but I am currently using it. I am doing 267 mg of alpha tocopheral and 1 mix of tocotrienols.
32 yo. Unknown cause. 1st plaque proximal left base near pelvis 9/19. Expanded and shrunk after 8 mo by 50% (still working on it). Minor bend but malleable. 2nd small plaque 5/20 superficial distal right just under tip. Currently growing. No bend.

projectpd

Hi Holistic, if Tan and research he refers to is correct, that form is detrimental to the benefit of tocotrienols.  Even among tocopherols, i believe delta and gamma have been thought to be more important, and an excess of exclusively alpha form from supplements might tend to an imbalance by taking their place. https://healthquestpodcast.com/129-are-tocotrienols-the-most-important-vitamin-e-form-my-interview-with-dr-barrie-tan/

Holistic

Interesting! especially since most of the Peyronies Disease literature talks about synthetic Vit E to take. the tocopherol/trienol mix i get is from vitacost. I but the Vit E tocopherol from the local grocery store. So I wonder if either the load of tocopherol is cancelling out the trienol....and if it is really that significant of a difference if it does. Like, if Vit E doesnt really do jack sh** to begin with, is the small amount of trienol being over run even matter. Im sure the tocotreinol mix wouldnt really impact Peyronies Disease much anyways...I guess it wouldnt be worth continuing to spend money on. That was a good piece of info! Thank you for that. just opens the eyes and put us back on the drawing board.

too bad there isnt research on Tocotrienols and the effect on Peyronies Disease. Sure its a good antioxidant but so are all the other supps (ALC, Coq10, tumeric capsule, vit C) so it would be interesting if there was some more research by Tan out there to explain more.
32 yo. Unknown cause. 1st plaque proximal left base near pelvis 9/19. Expanded and shrunk after 8 mo by 50% (still working on it). Minor bend but malleable. 2nd small plaque 5/20 superficial distal right just under tip. Currently growing. No bend.