My dissatisfaction and frustration with Restorex

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyklown

Long time lurker (1 day and 13 hours login time) but first post!  Anyway, last year I bought a very slightly used Restorex from a member here that went for the plication surgery after just a couple of uses due to unbearable pain using the device.  When I received the Restorex, I examined it extremely carefully and there wasn't a scratch/mint condition.  Well, after about 3 weeks the clampdown lock piece that you lock into place broke unexpectedly.  Darn but I was able to drill a screw with a wing nut through the clamp and it worked even better.  However, fast forward 4 weeks and one of the posts that supports the clamp literally disintegrated and broke in half during a session!  Like, WTF!  Thank God I wasn't injured but the plastic on the device seems to dry out and compromise its structural integrity.  After this happened, I noticed the plastic becoming powder-like in other places! Not cool at all.

I was beginning to see some promising improvements for my 35 degree to the left curve during this time so I believe the design from an engineering perspective is nice (9 out of 10) but the execution/quality of it leaves a lot to be desired if you plan to use it long term.  Of course, I contacted Restorex to see if they would help me out or sell me parts at a discount but they declined because I didn't buy directly from them.  Hate it but I kind of understand their position.

Sorry about the rambling!

Happyklown

Pfract

Hey man. Thanks for sharing that experience with us. I admire your courage to buy a used device like this. I could not use, not matter what, but i understand your position and whoever decides to go this route. Do they allow you to buy the parts from them, even if they don't give you a discount? that may sill be a very feasible option. Another thing, is there was a member here that i think he 3D printed a part for his device, because something broke as well.

Can't remember who was it tho, so you would have to dig it out.

TonySa

Sorry guy, seems like they at least sell you replacement parts.  Let me know what parts they are and I'll see if they will let me order them as their customer.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Bananadude

Quote from: pfract on March 20, 2020, 05:47:46 PM
Hey man. Thanks for sharing that experience with us. I admire your courage to buy a used device like this. I could not use, not matter what, but i understand your position and whoever decides to go this route. Do they allow you to buy the parts from them, even if they don't give you a discount? that may sill be a very feasible option. Another thing, is there was a member here that i think he 3D printed a part for his device, because something broke as well.

Can't remember who was it tho, so you would have to dig it out.

Why wouldn't you use it yourself?
25 y old. Injury during sex 2014 and since then, an upwards bend, 20-35 degrees. Haven't tried more than occasional manual traction. Losing my mind.

Pfract

Afraid of injuring myself on the glans due to girth.