Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Congratulations to Old Man the longest active member on the forum
yesterday was his 14th anniversary of supporting the best forum on the internet.

READ THE TRIBUTE: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12336.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Four Rounds Complete - Little to No Results - Dr wants to do more  (Read 213 times)

nc7209

• Voting Member

Hello All -

I'm in So Cal - and I've done four rounds (two shots each) and it doesn't seem to have caused any improvement.  I don't know if I'm unlucky or if my Dr know's what he's doing, he says he might not have gotten the right spot - but he wants to do another four rounds.  According to my insurance, I would have to wait until next year to do it - but I would have to pay a $3000 deductible before the insurance would cover the rest.

I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions - if I should just give up - try another doctor or treatment?  He initially said that four rounds (eight visits of shots) was the maximum - so I'm not really sure.

Thanks

TonySa

• Think Tank
Re: Four Rounds Complete - Little to No Results - Dr wants to do more
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:50:51 PM »

I’d consider finding a very experienced doc who does injections regularly and adding traction as studies show improved outcomes when combined.
PxD 2 yrs, failed all tx. 9/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3rte

P47D

• Voting Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 01:39:55 AM »

Yikes...does not sound good.  I went through 5 full cycles of Xiaflex and yes, it is expensive...and I had zero improvement.  Same for the follow on Verapamil attempt.  The Xiaflex literature does point out that there is only a probability for improvement - and the mean improvement is NOT totally straight.  Patient studies in my literature showed that my 74 degree bend would only be expected to improve to around 35-40 degrees, statistically.  Sounds like you are not responding to the Xiaflex either.  Note: my plaque was/is located about mid shaft, dorsal, and propagates down between the cavernosum.  Surgery was very simple, easy, quite tolerable, and totally effective.  If you are going to drop the $3K deductible, might as well go for a more reliable and permanent fix, no?  I opted for the raphe incision (along the urethral line) as it heals very quickly, is minimally invasive, and visually more esthetic to me.  I did post some Xiaflex pix and Nesbitt Plication Surgery pix on the other child boards that will give you an idea of how these issues worked out for me.  Hope all goes well for you!
-P47D
Trauma induced 74 degree vertical dorsal curve in OCT 1916 - after 3 years, success with plication.

TonySa

• Think Tank
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »

If you do Xiaflex I’d def add traction and consider restorex given recent study shows best results when combined.
PxD 2 yrs, failed all tx. 9/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3rte
Pages: [1]   Go Up