Implant soon

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyjim

I haven't posted here in a long time but anyway, I will be having an implant after all. I havent got the date yet but I will be finding out next month... Still haven't really come to terms with all of this crap but I'm young and wondering how the rest of my life will be now I guess.

Which implant do I go with? Titan or AMS? They keep telling me I will not regain anything but is there any difference here and which one will give me more chance of regaining the size I lost?

Is life with an implant that bad? I mean, I don't know why I'm that concerned, it isn't like I have much choice now but being that I'm still young, I don't think I can tolerate much more of this crap if I'm going to have no sex life forever.

I just want the best chance for a normal life now, without having to think about this crap every day.

Thanks for any replies  
33yo, single
severe ed caused by injury to cs, soft glans, lack of sensation
penile implant: ams lgx 700

tomas1

Jim, I haven't followed your journey, but if you Don't have pre-existing conditions like Peyronies or excessive scarring, you shouldn't lose length with an implant.

If you've lost length using a VED could ensure you won't lose length.

As far as which brand to get, I think the gold standard for correcting a curve or if you are too well endowed, the Titan is usually prescribed.
I think the AMS CX could cure a slight curve, but I don't know.

I'm not young, but life with an implant isn't very shabby.

Good luck.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Hawk

SonnyJim,

If you read the journals as you should, you would know how life is with an implant.  Here is the index to all the journals. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,11131.0.html
you need to read most of what is on that page and you will know as much as any of the rest of us know.

Concerning which one to get, that is largely a matter of opinion and your priorities and your current problems.  There is nothing in your signature line so I cannot even make vague suggestions.  Ihttps://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12263.0.html  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

sonnyjim

Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't have excessive scar tissue but it is in a place that is restricting my girth a lot. Which also makes me wonder will this be removed or will the implant stretch this? Or will I just have to accept my girth will be a lot less than it was. I don't know.

33yo, single
severe ed caused by injury to cs, soft glans, lack of sensation
penile implant: ams lgx 700

Hawk

Complete your signature line for future answers
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

curved

Sonnyjim-- as Hawk says ... a bit difficult to answer without some additional detail on your specific situation but thought I would share my experience on the narrowing question as it related to me.  I had significant narrowing on the distal part of the shaft and Dr Eid (surgeon I used) said the Titan was best to help with that.  The implant significantly helped the hourglassing effect.... to the point where when pumped one cannot notice any narrowing.  I still have a 20 degree upward curve that Dr Eid expects will continue to get better with time.  My curvature prior to implant was 90 degrees upward.  You should expect your length post implant to be at least equal to your pre implant stretched flaccid length.  Most have achieved that length post implant and some have even gained length over time as the tissue stretches.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

Pfract

Sonnyjim beeing his typical self. Dear god. Couldn't even be bothered to read through at least one of the implant diaries. I am not even going to point out that there is one member from the UK, with a great and detailed thread including pictures.

Why are you like this sonny? This has been recurring throught the years with you...

edit #1:

Sonny.... after thinking about what i said above, i kind of want to apologize. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. Even though i don't understand why you have that mindset. You post things, ignore the answers and come back months later asking the same things or something completly different; completely disregarding the help that was given to you. And that triggers me deeply. Especially when i tried to help in the past.

I hope you get to a point where you are satisfied with whatever treatment you choose.