Venous Leak and Penile Implants

Previous topic - Next topic

Sten1

Hello from me. I have been reading the forum for a while and I registered. A friend of mine showed me this forum. I'm opening a new topic. sorry if the place is not here. I hope members of the forum will respond, even though I'm new here. Thank you in advance. I will write my questions to you one by one so they are easy to find.
1. Are there people with venous leak who can tell if they are getting a full erection and after how long they lose it. Tell more first-person ops about this diagnosis.
2. Are there people who have implants who can tell more about the feeling of having sex, impossible things in sex with implants. Let's help me and others who are asking the same and are worried about registering or writing.
3. Is there any information on what exactly it means for the implant to have a lifetime warranty? How much is re-surgery after probably 10 years of successful implant? (provided it is not covered by the health center)
I would be glad if you opt in with answers. thank you very much for your time.
41 years old. Penis fracture in February. Surgery. After fracture - normal erections. Until July. Shock wave - after that I lost my NTE. After Shock waves the PDE5 didnt work.
2020 - already without depression, I'm just trying to get on the right way

Pfract

Hey there. You can find more information on Dr eid website. He has everything there.

urologicalcare.com

Read all the information on the penile implant part. Also, there are a few implant diaries here that answer all your questions.  

Hawk

Sten1,

Welcome to the forum.  We are glad to answer your questions.

1.  I am not sure I clearly understand this question but the only way to be certain if you have venous leakage is with doppler sonogram ordered by a urologist or sexual health doctor.  There are many reasons other than venous leakage that could cause a man could have trouble getting or keeping an erection.  One thing to try is a cockring or band that restricts the flow of venous blood to see if that helps.

2. There is NO difference in feeling having sex.  I am told by sexual health doctors that it is extremely rare for a man to be able to have more than one orgasm without losing an erection in between.  I used to be able to do that routinely so I am used to longer involved sex.  I can do anything with an implant that I could do before even back in my 20's.  A woman would never be able to tell any difference in my erect/inflated penis even with oral sex.  She would feel the pump if she actually messaged my scrotum.

3. A lifetime warranty simply means that the cost of the replacement device is free.  The cost of the surgery to replace it is not but it would be covered by most insurance and it is also covered by Medicare.

I would recommend that you look at come of the information in this index.  Especially read some of the several implant journals.  Index and Highlights of the Penile Implant Board - Links to Important Stuff - Peyronies Society Forums
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Miro

Thanks a lot for the answers. Another interesting question that may be of interest to other people. Does a post-placement infection limit the placement of the next implant? Is there an option in which something prevents the next implant from being inserted because of an infection or infections are controlled and then a new one is inserted. Is there an option after the first or second implant to just run out of options.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

If you get in infection from an implant it typically shows up within the first couple months after surgery.  It always means removing the implant immediately and clearing up the infection first then putting in another implant.  Every case is different but sometimes a malleable implant is put in when the inflatable implant is removed to keep the space (scar capsule) open.  The time between removal and a new implant is at least a few months, maybe more.

Infection is the dreaded event that everyone wants to avoid.  It therefore makes sense to know the infection rate of the surgeon you choose.  Many surgeons quote the industry-wide average infection rate rather than their own infection rate.  You need to know their infection rate.  For example, Dr. Eid developed and uses the No-Touch technique.  His infection rate is 1/2% or (0.5) over thousands of implants.  The industry standard is about 2%.  That means some surgeons are over 4%.  In other words they have an infection rate more than 8 times higher.

If you read Questions to Doctor Eid  you will see his answer to the questions "is there a limit to the number of implants a man can have?"  Dr. Eid Replies: Answers to some Critical Questions from Forum Members - Peyronies Society Forums

That is one of the links in the index to the implant board that I suggested that you read.

Please fill in your signature line in your profile so you can get faster more accurate answers.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hope77

Quote from: Hawk on August 03, 2019, 08:28:36 AM
If you get in infection from an implant it typically shows up within the first couple months after surgery.  It always means removing the implant immediately and clearing up the infection first then putting in another implant.  Every case is different but sometimes a malleable implant is put in when the inflatable implant is removed to keep the space (scar capsule) open.  The time between removal and a new implant is at least a few months, maybe more.

Infection is the dreaded event that everyone wants to avoid.  It therefore makes sense to know the infection rate of the surgeon you choose.  Many surgeons quote the industry-wide average infection rate rather than their own infection rate.  You need to know their infection rate.  For example, Dr. Eid developed and uses the No-Touch technique.  His infection rate is 1/2% or (0.5) over thousands of implants.  The industry standard is about 2%.  That means some surgeons are over 4%.  In other words they have an infection rate more than 8 times higher.

If you read Questions to Doctor Eid  you will see his answer to the questions "is there a limit to the number of implants a man can have?"  Dr. Eid Replies: Answers to some Critical Questions from Forum Members - Peyronies Society Forums

That is one of the links in the index to the implant board that I suggested that you read.

Please fill in your signature line in your profile so you can get faster more accurate answers.

Can a doppler detect a venous leak? I still have a pain down there and swollen veins at the lateral side of my penis. I can only get partial erections while laying on the bed but I lose them when I stand. However doctor says there is no demonstratable evidence of venous leak because of my response to the papaverin injection.

I was injected for doppler while laying down so i do not expect a lack of response from this position.

Is there an actual way to see the blood flow in a doppler? I have the results but when i take it to my urologist, he only read the report without viewing the actual "film".

I really don't know what to do. I need a proper diagnosis on why i never get erection while standing but partial erection while sitting, there must be a reason.

I am getting more and more depressed and I need help please.
Acute pain after erect reverse kegel.

Hope77

I had a doppler test some weeks ago (result attached) and the doctor report said the following:

"There is gradual and sustainable increase in the carvenosa artery peak velocity attaining up to 25cm/sec at 20 mins post papaverin injection.

There is no demonstratable disatolic flow reversal. The end disatolic flow reversal however measures <5 CM/Sec, suggestive of no venous dysfunction"

However I have read that a adequate arterial flow occurs when PSV is >35cm/sec.

Could my doctor report be wrong? Or could he have used a low dose of injection?

Also i noticed that injection lasted only about  20 minutes (my penis only extended forward while laying, rather than raising up like a proper errection). I have heard may people say they have their erection after this injection for up to 1 or 2 hours. Why is mine different?

I need opinions please. Thank you
Modify message
Acute pain after erect reverse kegel.