29, ambiguous diagnosis, a bit scared and need advice

Previous topic - Next topic

ShockTheMonkey

Hi everyone.  Very glad that I have found this forum as there is quite a wealth of experience and knowledge.  I was recently diagnosed with Peyronies but I still feel uncertain about it.

In late 2017 I noticed a very small nodule on the dorsal shaft of my penis.  About halfway, maybe 2/3 the way towards the glans and slightly left of center.  It was insignificant, caused no pain, and was only about about the size of a grain of sand.  Over the course of the year it grew to the size of BB or pea and has since stabilized there.  It is firm/hard and immovable.  I went to the urologist (May 2018) when I noticed it was getting bigger but he had trouble palpating it and thought it was a minor calcification or area of scar tissue.

About a year later (April 2019) it began to hurt.  The pain isn't sharp but is more an uncomfortable dull ache/pain.  This is when I began to get scared of the situation and considered that this could penile cancer.  I went back to the urologist who once again had a bit of trouble palpating the nodule but was able to locate it, though he did say it was quite deep within my penis.  He was totally unconcerned, explained that it was a peyronies plaque, and recommended an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.  By this point I had entertained the idea of it being peyronies and had already found this forum.  He also did mention that penile cancer occurring at this location and at my age is exceedingly rare.

I had the ultrasound 2 weeks ago and they couldn't find anything visible which concerned me.  The only explanation i could think of is that my plaque is deeper within my penis.  I messaged my urologist communicating my concern and asked if there was a more definitive test such as an MRI.  He responded saying he isn't concerned at all with it and I should consult a sexual dysfunction clinic in a nearby city if I felt the need.

Now here's the thing.  I don't have any curve or erectile dysfunction... it all works just fine and my erections are straight as can be.  There is a very slight curve to the side where the nodule is and slight hourglass shape but only when i'm flaccid to semi-hard.  But I wonder if I would have really noticed had I not seen this forum prior.  The urologist said the curve may happen down the line but I'm still dubious over the diagnosis.  From reading this forum I have gathered that peyronies presents itself inconsistently in a variety of way.  The other thing is that men seem to get plaques on the tunica albuginea but i suspect mine is a bit deeper in the the corpus Cavernosum which seems much more rare.  I did however find one academic journal that described scar tissue in the corpus.

I know this is getting quite long but I was wondering what you all had to say about this.  I am seriously considering going to my primary care doctor and basically demanding an MRI of my penis to rule out anything more sinister such as cancer.  I REALLY don't want to do that but for peace of mind I think it may be the right thing to do.  Would this be going too far?  The pain/discomfort, although annoying and somewhat consistent, isn't too bad and I can  honestly live with it if it doesn't worsen and is truly a benign plaque.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions