VED side effects (Usually from wrong usage)

Previous topic - Next topic

fubar

Newguy and many mikes
I wish I had some crappy  news but had a  special moment. The pain is still there but not" in the area of injury.
Penis is strong as ever and standing at attention ! And i may add size is not an issue. I contribute the later statement to the fitzz pump because I definately have a healthier penis.

Yes pain is going to register in and I will have to weigh it in the balance. I do not think this pain is injury but growing pains I will keep you all posted.

Fubar

Godzilla U.K.

Hi All,
I have cong. curvature (after seeing my uro in the u.k. who diagnosed it as not peyronies) ;I guess it must be cong.curvature. I purchased Vitality(3 tube) device on the good recommendation of OldMan about 18 months ago (at this time I had said I had peyronies b'cos thats what I thought I had). I only started using it last week and it was going good,although I noticed I was filling up the B Tube more towards the base and therefore my penis was coming out tapered (thick at the base and gradually decreasing towards the head). So, I thought I would be clever and put more pressure so I could fill the tube and have a uniform penis and yes I overpumped . Now, there are no physical signs of damage or deformity, however I have now lost my night time erections and left with a penis which is hanging longer by almost an inch and feels spongy and also have an increased girth at the base. Also the erections now are weak and less frequent. I have stopped use of pump for now and wonder if OldMan or anyone else may have some advice for me. I'm 45,non smoker/drinker and no history of any disease/illness. Prior to this my erections were very strong, however I was unhappy with the 45 deg. curvature. Thanks for reading.

newguy

It's sounds like you overpumped. Do you have a pressure gauge?  If there's no pain, that's at least a good sign. That it is hanging so much lower, i'm not sure... could you have damaged the ligaments? I recommend that you go see a urologist. Make sure you don't use the VED again either. It's useful for peyronie's disease, and/or erection problems. I wouldn't bank on it helping congenitcal conditions though. If you manage to emerge from this unscathed, I would recommend surgery to deal with the curvature.

fubar

Zilla U.k.

Does not sound that bad to me. If you take a look at the cylinder it tapers. I would suspect my penis to taper as it comes out of the cylinder. One also would hope to hang longer after a good stretch I would think. As long as you are not experiencing pain you should be fine.I do not wake up to every erection ,I do have them when im waking. You do know there can be a physiological component here that creates a lot of doubt and and change in ones body.

I have seen my penis do a lot of things in my lifetime and have many different appearances.  I would not freak out.Having a spongy flaccid penis is what you want. Your erect penis will be okay it is proobably a big concern to you preventing you from having a natural erection.

Really though my dog has the same shape comming out of the tube.the cylinder or tube is shaped that way to help correct the bend. You are 45 I will be that age in December it seems more guys are age are experiencing the bend.I have a lot of markers for Peyronie's. I have heart disease,diabetes,  gout and take beta blockers and so on.

Look I smoke and I drink ,something I know I will have to give up. And I make sure my erections are good so if you are having problems with that do something about it. I USE THE SAME VED AND I AM GOOD!

I have been taking my time with the ved to discover it on my own and to take note on everthing
I experience so I cannot blame injury or failure on  anbody but myself. Take your time pay attention to what's going on with you and learn what will help you best.

Fubar

fubar

Godzilla  u k

I'm confused you have only used the ved for a week and you are in the b cylinder? You have had this vitality ved for 18 months?I would think you would follow the 26 week protocol.Going back and reading your statement I agree with newguy you are a prime candidate for guidance under oldman.

Wish You the the best of luck.

Fubar

newguy

Regarding the weak erections, I have previously read reports on a penis enlargement forum where men have performed exercises to the point where they temporarily lose the ability to gain a hard erection. Even on such forums, where there is a rather ermm foolhardy attitude to the durability of the penis, they immediately stop everything they are doing until their penis returned to normal. I have experienced slight changes in to my erection on occasion through VED use, but your changes seem more dramatic based on your description. If you rest and after a few days everything is back to normal, I would say that you have nothing to worry about. You could then at that time resume using the VED, but ensure that you do not overpump.

Is using the VED for congenital curvature something than evetryone here has ever known to actually work? I've seen the odd report of traction helping slightly in a few cases, but, to me, it would appear to be a condition that is best suited to being operate on. Just my view.

Godzilla U.K.

Quote from: fubar on September 05, 2010, 04:39:14 AM
Godzilla  u k

I'm confused you have only used the ved for a week and you are in the b cylinder? You have had this vitality ved for 18 months?I would think you would follow the 26 week protocol.Going back and reading your statement I agree with newguy you are a prime candidate for guidance under oldman.

Wish You the the best of luck.

Fubar

Fubar, Yes when I first bought this I was busy travelling and knew it would be difficult to follow the 26 wks protocol so it has been sitting in my drawer. Also, over this time I used it no more than 6 occasion never on consecutive days and it was from the outset that my penis didn't fit the Tube A. It did go in but after a few pumps it packed the tube and there was pain, and upon trying Tube B this wasn't the case. As I say I overpumped on Fri 4th Sep. After last nights post, I woke up this morning with erection which felt quite strong. Upon feeling it, I realised the softness/sponginess is still there (normally it would be rock hard). Also the spontaneous erections are quite weak now. I only have myself to blame as I should have followed the good advice on this forum and OldMan. I really would like to carry out the 26 wk protocol and wonder if that is suitable for cong.curve also. Thanks to all the replies and help on here.

Godzilla U.K.

Newguy,
Thanks for your advice; I hope to start again as soon as things are back to normal and will keep you posted.
Cheers.

Godzilla U.K.

Quote from: newguy on September 05, 2010, 03:07:37 AM
It's sounds like you overpumped. Do you have a pressure gauge?  If there's no pain, that's at least a good sign. That it is hanging so much lower, i'm not sure... could you have damaged the ligaments? I recommend that you go see a urologist. Make sure you don't use the VED again either. It's useful for peyronie's disease, and/or erection problems. I wouldn't bank on it helping congenitcal conditions though. If you manage to emerge from this unscathed, I would recommend surgery to deal with the curvature.

Newguy,
No, there is no pressure gauge, and the uro offered surgery about 2 yrs back. The length is 6.75" on one side and 5" on the shorter side and so he warned me it would straighten but length would be just over 5" if I was lucky. Also, he advised, if it was no trouble whilst having sex then it would be best to leave it as it was. At this time the curve was approx 35 deg.; then a yr or so later whilst having sex I had slight pain and found blood in my sperm. The next day the curve was 45deg. and has remained at that. I saw my doctor who said , come back if it happens again and it never did. Now, since my incident last week, when I try for an erection it is soft and will only hold for 10 secs. Prior to this my erections have been very strong and never required physical stimulation. I just hope things return to normality before I have to explain to my partner.  ??? Thanks for your good advice again.

newguy

Quote from: Godzilla U.K. on September 05, 2010, 07:31:59 PM

Newguy,
No, there is no pressure gauge, and the uro offered surgery about 2 yrs back. The length is 6.75" on one side and 5" on the shorter side and so he warned me it would straighten but length would be just over 5" if I was lucky. Also, he advised, if it was no trouble whilst having sex then it would be best to leave it as it was. At this time the curve was approx 35 deg.; then a yr or so later whilst having sex I had slight pain and found blood in my sperm. The next day the curve was 45deg. and has remained at that. I saw my doctor who said , come back if it happens again and it never did. Now, since my incident last week, when I try for an erection it is soft and will only hold for 10 secs. Prior to this my erections have been very strong and never required physical stimulation. I just hope things return to normality before I have to explain to my partner.  ??? Thanks for your good advice again.

I do think that having a pressure gauge is useful and reassuring. That's not to say that it's impossible to use a VED without one, but I would make sure that you're very careful when you do. From the new information is this post is sounds like you have always had a congenital condition, but being that you go on to say that the curve did change from 35 - 45 degrees, it could be that there is some scarring too. It's not really possible for me to know for sure of course. That would be where the services of a good urologist come in. Based on your comments, perhaps the VED isn't a bad idea. Again be careful though! :)

Mike_O

My opinion (for what it is worth) is that a "spongy" condition can be caused by pumping too much vacuum in a cylinder that is too big.  

newguy

Any update on your condition, Godzilla? I hope things are returning to normal..

crashbandit

I really wouldn't mind a spongy penis. My erection gets rock hard and jets upward at about a 45, not banana curve but straight 45. Sometimes I wish it would relax abit, like more spongy. I hope with my light pumping that it might help a more spongy relaxed penis.  
Cheers

Woodman

I ve tried to use the VED off and on now for about two years. Each time I begin 5 to 7 days into the routine I experience pain from it. The pain is usually a burning and aching feeling. I've tried regulating the pressure shorter hold times etc. I can't figure it out for the life of me why I can't get it to work out successfully. I should mention that I am one of the guys in the minority that have had constant and on going pain from my Peyronie's I have now had it for a little over three years.  

Earlier this year the pain went down a little bit so I thought maybe the fast size would workout better since it would stretch the penis without the pressure from the VED.  It worked for about two weeks before it hurt my largest plaque witch cause a lot of pain for about two months or so. I took celebrex for the pain over this past seven months most of the pain went away but now the plaque hurts where I didn't have a lot of problems with it beforehand. I am now sweating it hoping it doesn't cause further damage.

My condition is progressive and usually gets worse about every 4 to 6 months. Small changes in length, girth, and wasting where my largest bend is at. I know I really got to figure out something with the VED to combat this progression. I am wondering if the VED just doesn't work for some guys because of plaque location, sizes of plaques and etc. Is the pain because the tissue is tight and not use to the VED if I keep using it regularly the tissue would loosen up and get use to the vacuum and the pain would subside?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Mike_O

The VED has been very helpful to me particularly with pain but it seems Peyronie's is different for everyone and the VED may not work for everyone. I found the pain increased then decreased progressively down to none. If I over-pumped (too much vacuum) then the pain would stay with me, despite anti-inflammatory meds, for 3 days.

My thoughts are:

Use the VED consistently (daily) for at least 26 weeks and then maybe even more.

Keep a written log.

Use a timer.

Use progressive vacuum - in other words, start low then increase as much as tolerated but always short of pain or discomfort.

Consider over-the-counter anti-inflammatory meds to keep the pain in check - use the least amount to avoid complications.

Some therapy daily is better than none. Some days will be better than others. Patience is essential. Therapy sessions can be split up - i.e. morning and evening.

I do believe that VED therapy is beneficial as long as over-pumping is avoided. I also believe that Peyronie's has a cycle and the pain often "burns out" after awhile. Unfortunately, the pain discourages therapy which results in continued deformity.

Hope this helps!

George999

Woodman,  You might want to consider Ubiquinol.  I had a problem with minor injury causing pain EVEN though I was on Pentoxifylline.  As soon as I started taking Ubiquinol, that problem ceased.  Every case is different.  I really don't know whether you would respond to Ubiquinol as I did.  But it might be worthwhile to give it a try.  I am currently taking 100mg 3X/day with meals.  You should know right away whether it is working for you or not by combining it with the VED.  - George

Woodman

Thanks Mike & George for the tips and advise.

I ve been taking the Ubiquinol for about two weeks now and it has really helped with the pain. Iam able to use the VED now without a lot of pain and has really helped to dull the constant pain during the day. I ve been taking it as suggested 100mg 3x/day along with L-Arginie, ALC, & Vit E.

In my 3+ years with Peyronies this is the only thing I ve ever tryed that has helped with the pain besides taking prescription Celebrex. I think the Ubiquinol works diffrent on the pain then Celebrex cause it didnt help with the VED useage like the Ubiquinol does.

Thanks George for all that you contribute to the forum and for suggesting the Ubiquinol to me.

lespleen

IF YOU OVERPUMPED IN THE PAST AND MANAGED TO BOUNCE BACK PLEASE INDICATE : THE NATURE AND SEVERITY OF VED RELATED INJURY; RECOVERY TIME; AND IF POSSIBLE LOCATION OF PLAQUES BEFORE OVERPUMPING . Some of my peyronie's pain radiated around the glands: perhaps VED  should be contraindicated if one is experiencing pain of this kind, etc.,etc. IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU HURT YOURSELF USING VED AND MANAGED TO BOUNCE BACK PLEASE LET US NOW; HOWEVER BRIEFLY AND SUCCINCTLY.Thanks for your input.  

jackp

Before I found this forum I was using the VED all wrong. I was holding maximum pressure for 15-20 minutes and that caused a bruise that took 2-3 weeks to heal. My doctor gave me some kind of cream and that helped.

Then I found this forum and Old Man. He developed a exercise for me using the medical grade single cylinder VED I had. No more problems and within weeks I was seeing results.

I posted  the single cylinder exercise in the VED thread. There are  two important things. Never pump to the point of pain or discomfort and then slowly build up the maximum vaccum that is right for you, only holding it for a maximum of 20 seconds. For better information the whole exercise is posted there.

Hope this helps, any questions just ask.

Jackp

Mike_O

Pain or discomfort is a good indicator of over-pumping - i.e. too much vacuum. Sometimes you can over-pump and not even realize it. If you are getting blister-looking swelling on the tip of your penis then you are using too much vacuum. It is very common problem as we are in a hurry to see results. In terms of VED vacuum, "less" is usually better than "more".

Slight fluid retention is common but should resolve within a few hours - if it does not go away then you are over-pumping or holding too long.

Lubrication is also an important factor - read the threads on lubricants - I like the silicone lubs but lots of guys are happy with the water-soluble stuff.

chefcasey

I was always wondering two things about the VED, but maybe somebody with more medical knowledge can answer them:

1) The goal of VED therapy as I understand it, is to stretch the penis over many sessions and eventually remold/stretch previously unstretchable, inelastic scar tissue.  The VED does this by simulating an erection in different cylinders for different constrictions and stretching planes for different deformities.  A regular erection cannot remold scar tissue because bloodflow from a natural erection is not strong enough to stretch scar tissue, and thus we get our deformity.  So if the VED can stretch the tissue more than an erection, by definition it must stretch not only damaged tunica, but healthy tunica as well, to greater than erection levels.  This just seems dangerous to me in theory, seeing as we're all in this boat from excessive force on our tunicas already.

2)  The possibility for vascular damage:  As I understand it, as the VED creates negative pressure in the cylinder, it pulls the tissue out along with filling it with blood.  From what I've read though, this blood is mostly veinous and almost nothing arterial.  During a normal erection, blood flows into the arteries and fills up the penis through the veins locking up and not allowing bloodflow out in order to keep an erection.  So when the VED pulls in blood via veins, it's like driving the wrong way down a one way street right?  It seems that this may be dangerous for the locking mechanisms of the veins, which is why I think I hear a lot about guys, getting perhaps bigger, but softer erections after ved usage.  I understand if one has ED or veinous leakage, then I wouldn't be too concerned.  As a guy who can still get rock hard erections,(and believe me that's about the only thing I can pride myself on penis wise anymore), this question concerns me a lot.

Mike_O

Chef - good post - you have described a couple issues that are on my mind too.

#1 possibility of further tissue damage

#2 possibility of vessel damage (veins, arteries, lymph)

A few threads here on the board address complications or side effects but generally we don't have a lot of information here about what can and does go wrong with VED therapy. I personally attribute the lack of discussion of side effects to the conservative nature of "the protocol" as well as the constant help from the veterans here (Old Man, Angus, Hawk, Tim468, and others) sometimes using messaging rather than posts to communicate.

As I read through the history of posts here (5+ years) here's what I have found - The warnings to limit vacuum and hold times are specifically to avoid further injury. I do not recall any reports of vessel damage (such as venous leakage) thought to be caused by VED therapy. So, that's the short answer based on the history (as best as I can remember and based on reading through all the major threads here).

Now a few assorted comments based on my own experience:

If one believes that the best treatment for Peyronie's is to do absolutely nothing - no sex, no masturbation, no VED, no traction, no massage, no jelq - no manipulation of any kind - then using the VED is an incompatible strategy and makes no sense. However, we know from anecdotal evidence that many guys have seen improvements using the VED and, more generally, from "manipulations" of various sorts. There are also a few reports floating around that the VED caused Peyronie's ...  Quite frankly, there's not a lot of scientific data to support either hypothesis - which leaves us with anecdotal evidence - "this worked for me and that didn't work for me", etc. Since this is a VED discussion board, most of us believe in VED therapy for Peyronie's. The analogy that seems to work best (FOR ME) is the treatment of "frozen shoulder" - physical manipulation of a shoulder predisposed to injury in order to heal - totally counter-intuitive but nevertheless the generally accepted standard of care, albeit a somewhat painful approach.

I have experimented a bit with VED therapy - namely vacuum levels, hold times, number of cycles, cylinder sizes, etc. My gauge for if my experimenting is going in the wrong direction is:
pain;
decreased nocturnal erections;
decreased hardness of erections;
numbness;
discoloration;
loss of size;
edema that does not resolve within 12 hours.

When I have made mistakes in VED therapy (and I have indeed made a few) some of the signs above were clearly evident. I took some time off from all VED therapy and my symptoms resolved. So, my strategy is to pay attention, keep records and make adjustments along the way.

Hope this helps address your concerns - ultimately we all have to decide what to do and how to do it as well as accept responsibility for the consequences. I, for one, do not want to say (a year from now) that I irreparably injured my penis because I blindly followed the advice of an internet forum - so I proceed alertly and with caution while researching as much as possible.

Mike_O  

Old Man

Mike_0 and Chef:

OK, you guys have some valid points about VED therapy and/or traction therapy. What you have brought up is the primary reason that in most all posts about VED therapy guys are reminded over and over this phrase:  ''DO NOT OVERPUMP THE VACUUM PRESSURE AT ANY TIME - VED THERAPY IS A CASE WHERE LESS VACUUM IS MUCH BETTER THAN MORE".

These words have been placed there as a cautionary measure and reminder for all users of VEDs to do just that = do not overpump the pressure.
Now about the type of blood that is engorged by the vacuum therapy into the erectile chambers. It is mostly arterial and possibly some venous blood. But for the most part it is arterial blood according to my uro.

Above carries my usual caveat - let the buy beware!!

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

chefcasey

very interesting discussion with you both,

I don't mean to harp on the VED too much, I understand the dangers of traction and other manipulations as well.  I just try to think about the scientific basis for certain therapies and why there seems to be so much evidencing pointing in all different directions.  I remember reading one of the VED studies and seeing that no one in the study had reduction in their hourglass deformity, I felt kinda bummed out because VED would seem to me to have the greatest potential benefit in "filling" one out again.  I then read the entire VED section(quite a feat at over 50 pages :D) and saw that there were numerous accounts of men regaining lost girth and reduced hourglass.  But that is the nature of Peyronies Disease I guess, nothing has been extensively researched, and many studies seem less than convincing, (take the topical verapamil studies for example), so trial and error and listening to the veterans on the board, along with what makes sense seem to be best.  

Just like when I asked Dr. Levine about pentox and the studies on it, and his reply was "I don't have a whole lot of faith in it, but at least it makes sense".  I guess that's how most of us feel about a lot of treatments.  As long as it doesn't hurt, has some potential benefit, and makes sense, then by all means we should explore it.

-chefcasey

Old Man

chef:

One thing that guys with Peyronies Disease symptoms must remember: each and every case of Peyronies Disease is totally different from any other. So, each case has to be treated differently. Each man must find a solution that works for him. There is no set rule of thumb that will apply to all cases alike.

So, one must "experiment" with different methods of treatment/therapy to find one that works best for their particular situation of symptoms. VED therapy can and will in most cases help somewhat with the hourglass effect. Again, though, each case of hourglass  or rubber banding effect is different from any other may or may not respond to VED therapy.

The above comments carry my usual caveat: Let the buyer beware!

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Worried Guy

I would imagine most of you have read Dr Levine's ask the doctor website!  He has a section on VED and there were a few alarming points which go against what most people experience on here.  They are dated 2005 but it seems a bit dangerous to be holding pressure for half an hour!!!!

I quote "I recommend that the pressure be maintained throughout the 20-30 minute treatment period rather than using a repetitive inflate/deflate process.  It seems to me the effects of traction are best transmitted with prolonged application rather than with intermittent application"

"The key is that the device needs to be applied daily for no longer than 30 minutes per treatment, but these treatments can be done 2-3 times per day if the time is available to do so"

"It is important for people who are interested in using vacuum devices before these studies are done, that they use the devices carefully with gradual increase in pressure and gradual increase in duration of the vacuum forces. These forces should be applied in a continuous, not in an "up and down" approach as has been suggested by one of the firms making the vacuum device. Therefore, as the individual becomes more comfortable with the vacuum application, they can maintain the vacuum device on the penis, without the constriction band, for as long as but not more than 30 minutes. Exceeding this time period may create vascular injury to the erectile tissue. The goal is also to not only have the vacuum stretch the tissue, but the resulting curvature of the penis will press up against the interior wall of the vacuum tube which may also place mechanical forces to stretch and hopefully straighten the scar tissue"

Old Man

Worried Guy:

As I have stated many time before about the holding time for Peyronies Disease VED therapy, it is categorically disagreed with the good doctor about the 30 minute holding time.

As most anyone who knows anything about a tourniquet, 30 minutes is the longest time one can hold them in place to prevent bleeding. Therefore, it is imperative that one not hold the vacuum pressure for 30 minutes in VED therapy.

From my experience and that of many others, a much better holding time should be limited to no longer that 3 minutes. I disagree again with his statement about not using the pump up, hold and release in shorter times. It has been proven by myself and many others on and off this forum that shorter times are much better overall for Peyronies Disease therapy.

However, you are on your own about the times you want to pump up and hold, but be aware that you risking too much for VED therapy.

Old Man

Davea

I have to add my support to Old Man's comments here. I used a single cylinder 'sex-shop' type VED before I could buy the medical grade device.

I held the vacuum for 30-45 SECONDS instead of the recommended 15-20 and I had pretty severe bruising and swelling which took 2 months to go away.

I know everyone is different and Dr. Levine is one of the experts with Peyronies Disease - but 30 minutes seems to me to be asking for trouble.

newguy

It may be that at one time Dr Levine though 30 minutes was a good idea, but I'd like to think he might have changed his mind by now (who knows). Erections brought on by the VED, are not really the same as natural erections. It's an outward pull, rather than an inward push. The fuild build up etc would surely be bad after 30 minutes in the tube. And that's just the start of it. It doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Also, let's not forget that some of those new to the VED tend to overpump initially or take a while to adjust to it. Imagine accidentally overpumping, then leaving the penis in that state for 30 minutes.  

Worried Guy

Just a silly question which probably has not merit but felt i had to ask.  The scar is less stretchy than the rest of the penis.  Could VED not stretch the healthy part of the penis more than the damaged part thus increasing the curvature?  The healthy part must be easier to stretch and the pressure is equal over the whole of the penis!

chefcasey

I have thought of that question a lot.  The ved must stretch the healthy part more than the scar, at least initially.  Since the healthy tissue is more elastic, the negative pressure makes no distinction between scars and healthy tissue, it's just going to stretch whatever's easier first.  My guess is that after a while the scar tissue becomes more flexible and can stretch with the normal tissue more jointly.

newguy

Quote from: Worried Guy on February 27, 2011, 02:15:03 PM
Just a silly question which probably has not merit but felt i had to ask.  The scar is less stretchy than the rest of the penis.  Could VED not stretch the healthy part of the penis more than the damaged part thus increasing the curvature?  The healthy part must be easier to stretch and the pressure is equal over the whole of the penis!

People have often brought up this point with traction too, saying 'do I have to wear it a certain way, at a certain angle to get the right stretch etc. Really though, it doesn't matter how you wear it because only the shortest area is truly stretched. It differs a bit with VED, I guess, but still, my belief is that only the side/area that needs to be stretched has the most pressure on it. That area is being forced straight by the tube. There is less pressure to remould/adapt elsewhere. It's an interesting question though.. to think about what exactly is stretching and adapting.  Some people without peyronie's use pumps daily, and to my knowledge there aren't many reports of permanent penis size increases. My hunch would be that it's more or solely the scarred area that is adapting.

rd

I just started using the OTC ved about 4 days ago. I have been following the 26 week protocol even though I only have once cylinder right now. After I finish I notice the lump or nodule is much more noticeable, is this normal? I don't have a curve only a dent. I pump usually between 3-4 times hold for 10 seconds then release. I am to feel a little stretch in the nodule but nothing more. But every time I have used the OTC the area where the lump is looks swollen.

Old Man

rd:

Sounds like you might be using too high a vacuum pressure. You should not have any swelling as you state you are experiencing when you use the right amount of vacuum. Suggest you lay off the VED pumping until you get the two extra cylinders. Then, practice getting used to the vacuum pressure and become thoroughly familiar with using the VED with the right amount of vacuum before embarking on the 26 week protocol.

VED therapy is a case where less pressure and holding times are much better than too much vacuum pressure, etc.

Old Man

nebula

On the base and on one of the upper sides of my penis I have marks that look kind of like small bruises. I know for a fact it is from using the VED. The thing is, they have been there for a few weeks now but there is absolutely no pain like you would have from a bruise. Is it normal to get suction marks like this or could it be something else?

Old Man

nebula:

From your description of the marks, it appears that at one time or another, you have applied way too much vacuum pressure with the VED.

You should probably cease the VED sessions for a few days to see if the problem goes away. If it does not and you have no pain or discomfort when they appear, you probably do not have a major problem. Remember that over pumping the pressure can and will cause further trauma to your penis. So, approach VED therapy with the thought in mind that damage can be done by being over zealous in your pumping. VED therapy is a case where less pressure with the vacuum is much better than more, etc. VED therapy is not an overnight therapy, so keep that in mind also and stay with the protocol by all means.

Old Man

dioporcolorisolvo

I've done two sessions of VED, in two days.
I don't feel pain in the penis, but i feel pain in the anal zone and so i had to stop the applications.

Has anyone had the same problem?

thanks

Old Man

diop:

Sounds like that you are using way too much vacuum pressure during the VED exercises. This can and will cause pain in various areas of the entire penile area.

You might want to retry using the VED therapy, but using less pressure and take your time. Two days in the schedule just won't give you enough experience to realize any benefit. VED therapy is a case where less pressure is much better than more, so try again with less pressure.

Let me know if you decide to continue and what the outcome was for you if you do.

Old Man

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: Old Man on January 13, 2012, 09:19:00 PM
diop:

Sounds like that you are using way too much vacuum pressure during the VED exercises. This can and will cause pain in various areas of the entire penile area.

You might want to retry using the VED therapy, but using less pressure and take your time. Two days in the schedule just won't give you enough experience to realize any benefit. VED therapy is a case where less pressure is much better than more, so try again with less pressure.

Let me know if you decide to continue and what the outcome was for you if you do.

Old Man

Ok, i'll try when pain will finish, but i've done attention to pressure...let's hope..

trevorrr

funny situation I have. When using Ved I develop these edemas rate above my dents and they basically fill my dents and give me back a perfect penis lol. It literally looks absolutely perfect when erect however when Ive finished sex and it deflates back to a normal flacid state my penis looks like its gotten random fat injections. From reading around the forum I here they arnt good but when I get them they give me back a perfect penis with no dents and increased girth, its like I almost with I could always have this form of swelling. Also there is no pain what so ever. What do you guys think?

fubar

Trevorr

Im not really sure i understand what is going on with you.Are you using the ved to get ready for sex?When using the ved your penis will look normal erect in the cylinder.After the session you should have a fuller flaccid more normal looking penis.

Or are you saying when out of the cylinder and erect you have no deformation now? Do you have swelling like lumps when the erection retracts?I know that when my plaques appear larger those are the lumps in my flaccid penis. They appeared much later after the damage and acquiring this wonderful disease Peyronie's.

Fubar

james1947

Sorry for my poor English:
What "edema" is?

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

KAC

It's just swelling.  A bit of fluid under the skin.  I get a little swelling as well. I don't worry about it since it goes away after a while. I'm pretty careful about not overpumping, so I think it's just my sensitivity.  I also turn a bit blue in the smaller tube.  I've tried to make sure I'm not overpumping and have enough release time, but I still turn blue.  It doesn't seem to bother me in any way.

KAC

Luciano

@KAC
Check the 3 cylinder protocols, somewhere I read that if you had problems (thinking of you turning blue in the smallest cylinder) they tell you to skip that cylinder and replace it by the medium one.
QuoteAddendum 11/11/10: The protocol is hereby modified to include this special note: In the event one has an above average sized penis and has difficulty with insertion into the small A cylinder, he must leave the A cylinder out of the schedule of the protocol. Substitute the medium sized B cylinder whenever the A cylinder is called for. This is to preclude the possibility of further injury to himself.

just an idea
Luc

PS: as it is added in red, i assume it is important! especially if you also are quite tight in that smaller cylinder.

stuartmar

While pumping in the small cylinder I felt a popping or snap maybe just a corrective pull were my indention is. I'm confused as I have not experienced this on onset of using the device.

Dan2

A question for anyone with experience of this:

This morning after  over doing the VED single cylinder session I have developed a slight edema around the underside of my penis,just below the glans.
I realise now I should not have pumped it as much or held for as long as I did...
This advice is all over this forum...however I think the incentive of a larger penis NOW, got the better of me and caused me to ignore it temporarily!
Can anyone tell me how long I could expect to wait till this subsides, in order to resume the twice daily therapy sessions?
I have just been for an hour long swim which I do most mornings,and it seems to be going down somewhat.
Relief!
Any comments appreciated.
Thanks
Dan
(I don't feel any pain.)

james1947

stuartmar
Late answer, but better latter than never.
The popping you have felt may be a good sign that your scar is stretching out.
Did you have some development from this point?

Dan2012
I can just write from my experience, same as you I was excited to see it BIG in the VED and I have overdune the pressure.
I had a red/blue bruise, I stopped with the VED and in five days the bruise gone.

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

Old Man

Dan:

From my experience it is best to wait until the edema (Swelling) goes away entirely before resuming the pumping. Now you know first hand why it is said all over the forum: DO NOT OVERPUMP THE VACUUM!!

Now that you know, approach the vacuum with extreme caution and according to the feel while doing it.

Old Man

ScottNM

I was using VED this morning and got kinda sharp pain. Not on peniss by to side where scrotum begins. Like somene pinching my scrotum beside base of penis. I tryed 20 min later and pain came right back the same. Not sure what it is. I have op coming soon and want to stay on track. What do you thnk?

Old Man

ScottNM:

It appears from your comments about the pain that you somehow sucked the scrotum into the mouth of the cylinder while pumping. This is a common complaint from first time VED users. So, when you start the pumping session make sure that you have not let the scrotum skin get into the cylinder.

One thing that lets the skin get drawn into the mouth of the cylinder is that lube got on the skin at the base of the shaft. When lubing up for the exercise cycle, try your best not to get lube on the scrotum. There is really no best way to prevent this other than to be careful when lubing up.

Try this to see if it ''cures'' the problem. Give the forum any results, good or bad so that others may have the benefit of your success or failure.

Old Man