New Member with Implant from Down Under

Previous topic - Next topic

loubutcher

I was diagnosed in 2001 with peyronies, and as it was in an advance state I opted for the penis implant. This solved the problem for about 4 years and then I found I had developed full erectile dysfunction.
I am only 57 and my wife is 51 and we are desperate to return to some sort reasonable sexual lifestyle.
At this moment I can achieve a partial erection but unable to proceed to full erection.
I am open to sensible suggestions and hints.

I am sorry that I didn't find this site earlier on at the on set of Peyronies.

Lou Butcher

jackp

Lou

We need to take this to the Surgery Topic but being you are new I will answer here. (I was new once also.)

I had my implant 10/23/08. You can go to My History and read the story.

With just your brief description sounds like an implant malfunction.

If you want to get into more details send me a private message or an email at jwp104@att.net.

Jackp

Noway

Yeah that really sounds like an implant malfuntion which can happen... im scared of this because you said 4 years no problems... I thought it was 10-15 years an implant will last you. I do not want them cutting me open more than once they need to figure there stuff out.

jackp

Noway

The way implants are designed today they are expected to last an average of 12 - 15 years.

Early failure is usually from one of two things, a surgical mistake or use of the implant other that what it was designed for.

jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com/  

Noway

so after 12 years if the implant screws up they got to cut you again and fix it?

Old Man

Noway:

Look at it another way. Even if it only lasts 12 to 15 years, at least you had that many more years of enjoyable pleasure.

Then, you an always choose to have another implant done!! After that length of time, you would have forgotten the effects of surgery.

Just my 2 cents in the mix.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

jackp

Noway

I agree 100% with Old Man. Also look at it this way. Do you want to go 12-15 more years with what you have now.

You make the surgery sound so awful. It is not I have had many worse things done to me. In August 2008 just before my implant in October 2008 I almost died. That was a whole lot worse than the implant surgery.

I kid Dr. Milam and Todd Doran, with my next one I want a remote control with a vibrator.  ;D Who knows what advances there will be at that time.

jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com/  

Noway

If I get the implant Im just going to be on liquid morphine and take sleeping pills so I dont feel anything untill it heals.