Corporal Fibrosis / Peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

Perspex

Hi

I am finding it difficult to find decent information, in plain English about Corporal Fibrosis.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

I am interested in

1) what it is..

2) how it is identified without scans (also how different to peyronies)

3) how likely it will progress

4) what happens if it progresses / how bad is the prognosis / what are the sequence of symptoms to be expected

5) What do people do to attempt to prevent progression, do they succeed?

6) personal experience from members here

I try not to think about the condition I have too much (peyronies and potentially Corp Fib). Otherwise it becomes the centre of everything. After a period of maybe a year putting it to the back of my conciousness, I want to revisit briefly. Without terrifying myself too much

There have been changes in this time

Comments welcome

TonySa

I just read my medical notes and as well as having a significant plaque I have corporal fibrosis-both identified on the ultrasound he did.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Jscout

I realize this is an old post, but it's the first time I've seen posts on Corporal Fibrosis.

Have your symptoms changed? Does having Fibrosis change what treatment options are available? One of my Doc's didn't want to do the Xiaflex injections because of the proximity of the plaque to the urethra and Corporal Fibrosis. The other Doc wants to start Xiaflex asap.

Do either of you have fibrosis extending into the Glans/Head?
~Diagnosed Nov 2018, right before my 40th B-day
~Frustrated loving Wife
~Pain w erections
~NO medical progress
~Was naturally curved up like 🍌, straight at initial diagnosis, now curved right & twisted 😢
~Denial/Depressed cycle 😭
~Mass growing!!

smashin

I have a hardening at the very end of the corpora spongiosum/cavernosa, almost inside the gland. I was wondering if their is any chance once this feels slightly hard if it can disappear at all?

Jscout

Mine extends approx 1/4" into the Glans. Def has me a lil freaked out. It's very sensitive to pressure.

Unfortunately I do not know if it will go away once it hardens (per your question)
~Diagnosed Nov 2018, right before my 40th B-day
~Frustrated loving Wife
~Pain w erections
~NO medical progress
~Was naturally curved up like 🍌, straight at initial diagnosis, now curved right & twisted 😢
~Denial/Depressed cycle 😭
~Mass growing!!

smashin

I'm in the same boat.

Gardening of the corpus cavernosa at the tip which extends into the glans. Starting to feel like a lump right at the end, here and there.

Loss of sensation in glans, which I believe causes less sturdy erections. Sensitive gland when flaccid but lack of sensitivity when erect.

These lumps feel like gardening tissue, but I am not ready to accept or believe that they may not be harmatoma or I calcifies plaque. I think psychological clenching and hardflaccid is causing a restriction of outflow of blood and circulation in general which is inhibiting the clearing of this hardening. I do not know, still hanging in there.

Any updates in your cases?

MacMathuna

Same. I have plaque in the erectile tissue inside my glans and just behind it. It seems to be growing. :(
Glans and distal shaft are less sensitive to stimulation.

Anything work for you guys since last post? Any improvements?

What is gardening tissue?

27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

projectpd

I'm sure it means hardening. Maybe he has some weird spellchecker set up. I'm lost on 'psychological clenching' though.
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

smashin

Quote from: MacMathuna on May 16, 2020, 01:07:29 PM
Same. I have plaque in the erectile tissue inside my glans and just behind it. It seems to be growing. :(
Glans and distal shaft are less sensitive to stimulation.

Anything work for you guys since last post? Any improvements?

What is gardening tissue?

Any improvements?