News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Newbie UK

Previous topic - Next topic

philtered

Hi.  My story is i'm 55yrs old, in october 16 i noticed pain during erections for the first time and a while later i felt a small pee size lump in my shaft, but no curve or deformity. i went to the docs and he made an appointment with a urologist in jan, who told me to come back in six weeks and see what was happening. During this period,(dec to march i was taking some very strong drugs to treat hepatitis.

I saw the urologist again after 6 weeks and the lump and pain etc had pretty much gone.

After the hep treatment finished my immune system freaked out and i had urine infections and my psa level went very high andd i was sent  to the urologist gain. All this improved in time.

In november 18 the pain came back in the same place but this time with a curve and plaque. Same procedure docs refered to urologist which took until feb 7th.He told me it was peyronies and there is nothing he can do at the moment and made an appointment for 6 months time.

So i've been doing my own research now and i've been doing supplements vit e , l argine coq10 and i just started Acetyll carnite and bought a VED. The pain has eased but curve is still there about 20 degree up and left

Few questions . Do you think i've had this since oct 16 , or november 17 and the heavy hep drugs arrested the problem for a while?
  Do you think i should ask the doctor to refer me to a different urologist? though this isn't easy in the UK unless you pay.
  I've started the VED about 3 days ago and i have quite strange feeling in my penis today when flacid, is that normal? The small cylinder is too small really and i'm sacred to do more damage.

Anyway this is pretty awful mainly mentaly, but i really feel i can make progress and beat this, although there's so many different stories and experiences out there both positive and negative.

Thanks and thank goodnes there's forums like this to help.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017
VED, traction & supplements
Went from 30 degree curve to 80 during acute stage  stabilized since May 2019
Curvature calculated at 80 degrees by Dr Ralph from emailed photo.
Titan  22cm with 1cm RTE's Prof ralph Feb 2022

LWillisjr

It is very difficult to pinpoint when Peyronies actually starts. And at the end of the day I'm not sure that it matters. What is important is a positive atitude, to learn all you can, and to try various treatments until you find the one that works for you.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

philtered

Thenks for your reply much appreciated. I was just wondering how long 'd been in the acute stage, or whether this is a second acute stage. The pain is disapearing so maybe i'm beginning to stabalise, i'm not sure it all seems so random with no real pattern of progression or stabilisation, it seems to change on a daily basis. I'm a bit obsessed to be honest.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017
VED, traction & supplements
Went from 30 degree curve to 80 during acute stage  stabilized since May 2019
Curvature calculated at 80 degrees by Dr Ralph from emailed photo.
Titan  22cm with 1cm RTE's Prof ralph Feb 2022

Paolo

Can I suggest a simple thing to do is take pics of your penis every week/month (you decide), this simple act gives you a record of progression  :)

Sorry you have Peyronie's but welcome to the forum, it will be a great help in dealing with this  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.